Engineers impression of French engineering.
  • Register
  • Help

Engineers impression of French engineering.

Heard an interesting one yesterday that would have to be a smack in the mouth to those who constantly preach about how the French "Used to be" good designers & engineers etc.
    My eldest son with the series one BX 16V took the head and oversized valves he's just had made to a guy who does porting for dragsters, V8 Super cars, Mations Cup etc and is considered one of the tops in his field. (Someone working from a small central Queensland coastal town & having stuff sent from the big smokes down south has to be doing something right)
    He has just installed a new flow bench at the cost of many thousands of $$s so he should do a good job. He inspected the head, agreed that it was no big deal fitting the new O/S valves and then asked what the head was off.
    He then raved about the style & engineering involved with it & said he wouldn't advise doing anymore than just a polish on the ports as it was so perfect that it was more likely any changes would be detrimental to what is almost a perfect design.
    Little wonder the Jap pit crew of Greg Hasnsford were reaching for the "DIY Hari Kari for beginners" book when McLeod was kicking butt at Bathurst several years ago & they couldn't figure out why. roll_lau roll_lau

Alan S cheers!

Advertisement
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

1000+ Posts
    Hey Alan, for future reference who and where is this guru. phone #
    How much did he charge you/
    cheers jr
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. Opel OPC

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

I'll get Brad to forward it to you.
    Hasn't got a price as yet, but apparently reasonable & a case of getting what you pay for.
    Brad tells me his new bech draws I think it's 37 amps eek! Put into perspective, a domestic fridge is usually around 1.25, a hot water system about 10.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Thread Information