WTF!!! Letter from RACQ Insurance
  • Register
  • Help

WTF!!! Letter from RACQ Insurance

Cop this...I received a letter today from RACQ insurance stating that I damaged a vehicle in the carpark of a beachside shopping centre on a weekday last week and I am to declare certain information about my insurance.

"The circumstances of the incident suggest that we are entitled to hold you responsible for our clients costs"

Problem is I havenít been to this town in about 6 months, never parked my car there, and was at work on this particular day. Furthermore, this letter contains no reference to my registration, make or model of car.

It would seem either Queensland Transport are not aware of the fact that I sold my Alfa 2 years ago (this car is still on the road presumably in someone elseís names) or this claimant has made-up a rego.

I will give RACQ a call tomorrow and get to the bottom of this......update pending.

Advertisement
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

As diplomatically as you can, tell RACQ to go screw themselves!! eek!
    I had a car rammed down the Gold Coast a few years ago. I returnd to find the o/s door and gusrd really flattened. A note on the windscreen gave me a description of the car & driver as well as the time it happened & was signed by a guy working in an office. I rang the useless bloody Queensland Police who came around for a report & inspection. They took particulars from the note & interviewed the witness, traced the rego & went to see this anvil faced bitch that was driving the car.
    She denied having been out in the car, even though the engine was still hot & the rear O/S guard & bumper were freshly polished and slight traces of the colour of my car was visible. The copper suggested I take civil action. I went to a solicitor; he then got an abusive phone call threatening both him & me with a suit if we persisted in chasing her for the cost of repairs.
    I was advised then by the lawyer that unless my witness would come forward & make a formal ID in a line up which even then if she insisted she wasn't there may not hold in court & I could end up losing the case, no reimbursement for damages and cop her legal bill as well & it would be cheaper to forget it.
    This old crow used to often drive past & give a gloating grin whenever she saw me, then one night, I was driving out of the car park at the local pub in my 2 ton truck with a tow bar out the back............and as they say...the rest is history mallet mallet ............after the "accident" I did as I was legally entitled by leaving a note that basically said "I suppose you know who did this, but like you, I haven't been out tonight".....I never heard another word about it dance dance
    As I say, tell 'em to get stuffed & forget it. Ask for minute details and of course if you're an RACQ member, ring them for their so-called free legal service...that should really put their brains into overload. roll_lau

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Fellow Frogger!
    hahaah love that story alan!!! i know how it feels for a bitch to deny an accident...luckily nrma gave me the money for the repairs anyways =)

1000+ Posts
    Phasis,

What was the outcome with this? You're getting good at holding us in suspense mate!!

Hope it's all good,

Derek

Wooops, forgot to update....

Rang them, apparently my car is a white Crummydore, and I managed to do this damage whislt it work in Brisbane. They will call me if they have anymore details.
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

out of curiosity, when you sold the car.... did YOU change the registraion forms... or was it a quick sale and you told the buyer to do all the paper work.... which sometime happens!

just a suggestion, could be totally off...

there goes my theory!

Thread Information