attn Ralph
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: attn Ralph

attn Ralph

Gday Ralph I was just reminded in the humor section of that bit you were after for the 504 windscreen wiper motor. How did you go? Did you find a replacement?
    When I looked at the part just then I thought I could make one from scratch. I'd need the broken one to duplicate it! Not sure of price but sure I can work somthing out. I could make it a part of my next job lot so you only pay like 10 bucks.

Advertisement

I dont know if that would be of any help?

Al

<small>[ 07 April 2003, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: AlsPug504 ]</small>

Hi Al,

I've noticed that we have no way of contacting you! Send me an email. I'll be away from the 10th till about the 15th.

Thanks,

Ralph.
    On the internet, no one knows that you are only wearing a fez.

Al,

Here's some photos I took of the part today, they're a bit better than the last ones I posted:

<a href="http://users.tpg.com.au/nosneb/Cars/Cars.htm" target="_blank">http://users.tpg.com.au/nosneb/Cars/Cars.htm</a>

A bloke from Bungendore is getting me the part soon, hopefully!!

Might be worth making a few up if you have the ability as I've had a bugger of a time getting it here in Wodonga as there are very few Pug 504's in the wreckers. You could probably flog them off to fellow Aussie Froggers when they need them.
    The coupling wouldn't have to look exactly as the original. One of the yokes on both the wiper motor and the linkages is bigger than the other for some bizzare French reason. Maybe it's to prevent the motor being put in 180 deg. out which would cause the wipers to wipe the bonnet?
    They are made of a hard plastic which I suppose is pretty durable as it looks like an original part and it has been on my car since 7/77 when it was built.

Cheers,

Ralph.
    On the internet, no one knows that you are only wearing a fez.

Yep, if you have already ordered the replacement. It may better since I do stuff one off. To simply do the drawings for it first. If the guy does not come though with the part you can email me and have one made up and sent ASAP. I might chuff on dow the local wrecker tommow see if I can fin one to get a better Idea of what is involved

Al

I will email you tomorrow Ralph.

Thread Information