Cabs
  • Help

Thread: Cabs

Tadpole

Cabs

why is there almost nothing about the 306 cabriolet on this site?
    AND will there be a 307 cab or is this to be replaced by the much awaited 206cc

Advertisement

The reason that there's not much stuff about the 306 cabrio, is probably because not enough 306 cabrio owners and enthusiasts have been participating in the website. I guess this will change as more people log on.

Regards,
    Dave
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C
    1997 Civic Cxi (great allrounder- revy, flexible, nimble, comfortable , economical, simple and durable )

1000+ Posts
    pugchick, yes there willbe a 307 cab as well as a a 307 gti..but not till later tho!

------------------
    jr20516v
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

My g/f is wanting a yellow 306 cabriolet.
    I personally am not sure on how a cab would be after say 4 years...
    Do they leak when it rains or whistle when driving?
    Just feel that the sealing would deteriorate very quickly.
    Also, I hate the look of the "plastic" back window when it goes milky or has creases in it This seems to happen on the SAAB's.
    All the same I reckon the 306 Cabriolet is one of the best looking modern cars on the road presently

Tadpole
    In response to gibgib - I'll let you know, Im picking up my 94 cab tomorrow. I have traded in my 206 GTi for this car. The GTi is great but still wanted cabriolet.

I had concerns about those things too, and I drove quite a few different ones, some had had a harder life than others. In the end I decided to go for it and rely on peugeot's "suberb engineering" The car is a bit "windy" but you've got to expect that, but more importantly it has a full dealer service history and I believe has been well kept.

I'd be very interested in some spec's if anyone has access to them - the only ones I could get on the net were in dutch! I assume it's the same type of engine as the regular 306

Pugchic, I scanned the Australian specs from a brochure I have & put it here:
    http://aussiefrogs.com/files/cab.jpg

All the best with your purchase

I must admit the 306 cab didn't really impress me. I rented the one on the Gold Coast for the 1999 Qld FCD (900 EIL rego). It was 18 months old with 36,000k's at the time. The plastic trim was suffering badly from the sun with the dash trim bubbling.

Also the body seemed fairly loose with scuttle shake and various body creaks, probably a legacy of being an abused rentacar.

The worst thing I found was that there was no room around the pedals, my toes kept touching a felt cover under the dash, it was fixed and didn't seem to be loose or have fallen down. It was a bit disconcerting on some of the great Qld roads, and seemed a major design flaw, or is it that my size 9.5 feet are too big??

Simon
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2002 Land Rover Defender Td5 130 - ex-CFA Region 4
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

Thread Information