Bathurst 24 Hour
  • Register
  • Help

Default Bathurst 24 Hour

Moves are being made to get the 24 Hour back again. Then we could see some real cars racing instead of cars designed for TV.

http://www.bathurst24hr.com/index.ph...m_smf&Itemid=2

Advertisement

Posted here as Motorsport link not working.
    1986 Renault Fuego GTX
    1972 Mercedes Benz 280E
    1988 Nissan Trakka Campervan
    1972 VW Kombi

In business, words are words; explanations are explanations, promises are promises, but only performance is reality.
    Harold Ganeen.

1000+ Posts

Will it just be another Holden/Ford wankfest?

Hope it isn't just taxi racing. True class racing, like touring car racing was in the olden days, is the way to go.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

Quote Originally Posted by graham66
    Will it just be another Holden/Ford wankfest?
    Probably the only Holden would be the 427 Monaro
    1986 Renault Fuego GTX
    1972 Mercedes Benz 280E
    1988 Nissan Trakka Campervan
    1972 VW Kombi

In business, words are words; explanations are explanations, promises are promises, but only performance is reality.
    Harold Ganeen.

Quote Originally Posted by Westair
    Probably the only Holden would be the 427 Monaro
    So it will be a wankfest.

i couldnt see this happening without proper tv coverage/support, not some ghey 1 hr special on a sunday arvo hosted by bill woods & some work experience kid.

There is no way that you could get a huge TV audience without super taxi's, even with ferrari's or lambo's going around i couldnt see a 24hr race gather enough demand from your average aussie motorsport fan.

I HOPE im proved wrong

I can't see it getting off the ground, Bathurst Council were badly burnt by the last lot of 24hour races as well as the International Super Tourers that attracted poor crowds.
    Channel 7 lost money because it didn't attract the TV audience.
    To make something like this work, not only would they need Commodores and Falcons to race, they would also need the big name drivers to get people through the turnstiles.
    And Ford and Holden won't be interested in racing near standard production cars because they know they'll get their butts kicked!
    That's why the Supercar rules are the way they are, only pushrod V8s in family cars sold in Australia and there only 3 manufacturers that fit the bill, Holden, Ford and now Chrysler!
    Cheers Renomad

"Today's mighty oak, is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground"

Current frogs, Dad's R19 & Dad's Scenic.

Past frogs, R12 Wagon X2, R12GL, Fuego X2, R10 X2, R8 X.5!

the last 24h race was such a great event...indeed,not may people showed up but i definately prefer the 24h race over the v8's ...
    ...hmmm....i think i heard a rumour about the alzen brothers and their mean monaro-killer....have to check that again...
    cheers marty

Quote Originally Posted by purrr-geot
    i couldnt see this happening without proper tv coverage/support, not some ghey 1 hr special on a sunday arvo hosted by bill woods & some work experience kid.

There is no way that you could get a huge TV audience without super taxi's, even with ferrari's or lambo's going around i couldnt see a 24hr race gather enough demand from your average aussie motorsport fan.

I HOPE im proved wrong
    I doubt you would be. 24Hr races and super tourers just don't work because the majority of Australian motorsport fans are redneck V8 morons who love to feel up scantilly clad uni students in the pits at the Bathurst 1000. I've seen it first hand.
    This year there is going to be a "Goodwoods" type event in the week up until "The Great Race" called The WPS Bathurst International Motor Festival

http://www.wpsracing.net.au/latest_news_other.asp

Not a 24hr car or super tourer in sight...

People from Bathurst get out of town during the race weekend. to many idiots. It's just not worth it.

The only way for Australians to see good racing is to go to Europe. get all the racing you want plus V8 supercars.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by pokinacha
    I doubt you would be. 24Hr races and super tourers just don't work because the majority of Australian motorsport fans are redneck V8 morons who love to feel up scantilly clad uni students in the pits at the Bathurst 1000. I've seen it first hand.
    This year there is going to be a "Goodwoods" type event in the week up until "The Great Race" called The WPS Bathurst International Motor Festival

http://www.wpsracing.net.au/latest_news_other.asp

Not a 24hr car or super tourer in sight...

People from Bathurst get out of town during the race weekend. to many idiots. It's just not worth it.

The only way for Australians to see good racing is to go to Europe. get all the racing you want plus V8 supercars.

Tim
    The race festival is going to over the long weekend, not the week leading up 1000 race.

Your not wrong about the idiots in town, its a good time to get out of town. Theres more mullets, flannette shirts & dkheads yelling 'get a ford/holden' than you can poke a stick at.

If council get approval to hold 5 events a year at the mount there migh be a chance to getting a 24hr race again, but I wouldnt hold my breath waiting.
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila. - Mitch Radcliffe

Quote Originally Posted by MR604
    The race festival is going to over the long weekend, not the week leading up 1000 race.
    Whoops my mistake. you can buy a lap round the mount in a V8 though.

Thread Information