some f**ker keyed the car! - how to fix?
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default some f**ker keyed the car! - how to fix?

my x left her car (205) in a friends' "secure" parking over the weekend. when she went back to pick it up she found that some arsehole had keyed all over the hatch and some rude words on the bonnet.

now the si in question doesn't have the best paintjob, but we can't leave it with expletives written all over the bonnet. What would be the best way (cheap) to get rid of these scratches?

I was thinking of rubbing it back around the damaged area and maybe using some spray-bog to fill in the deep scratches and maybe finishing it off with a racing stripe up the bonnet (only cos i doubt i'll be able to get a good match on the silver with spray cans and the scratches are on one side only).

Advertisement

any suggestions as to a better solution??
    1992 mi16 1.9 litre - it's a love hate realtionship.

whatever you do NEVER tell anyone your car is reliable. doesn't matter how much wood you touch!

previous cars: peugeot 306xt, peugeot 205si, renault 20, renault 12 - sedan and wagon, renault 25, alfa 155 twin spark

who the **** does shit like that! **** that. Try and find out who did that man, and kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by enthused!
    my x left her car (205) in a friends' "secure" parking over the weekend. when she went back to pick it up she found that some arsehole had keyed all over the hatch and some rude words on the bonnet.
    Sorry to here that Enthused. I gather the "secure" parking has a get out of jail free clause along the lines of "park at your own risk". Did she park in someone's spot? Maybe the culprit could be identified through the bay number? Any cctv footage?
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

I seriously dont get the point of keying a car, like what joy does that bring??

Like its one thing to break into a car & steal things, its another thing to key a car which is no real serious drama, its just a stupid thing someone so insecure with themselves needs to do to make themselves feel better

damn that sux, like was said...was she in some1's bay..?

grrr hate thatshit.

I once saw a white Pug 306 Cab' which had been keyed right across it's bonnet, then down the drivers side door, all the way along the side, over the back hatch, then back left passanger door, all the way along the side again and linked up to where it started on the bonnet. It was very very deep and every panel was damaged Poor bugger who drove that car.

worst form of vandalism.

hope there was a security camera around if it was a 'secure' carpark....

"Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

Quote Originally Posted by purrr-geot
    I seriously dont get the point of keying a car, like what joy does that bring??

Like its one thing to break into a car & steal things, its another thing to key a car which is no real serious drama, its just a stupid thing someone so insecure with themselves needs to do to make themselves feel better
    I know hey what the hell goes on in these freaks minds?

Asanka, your a big black man. Next time you see some little try hard put a key to someones car, let them know that you don't approve. Nothing scares little try hards more than big black men.

Quote Originally Posted by rustymunga
    Asanka, your a big black man. Next time you see some little try hard put a key to someones car, let them know that you don't approve. Nothing scares little try hards more than big black men.

more like
    205gti

ahahahahahahaha

Feel for you enthused!
    Why the hell do people do that sh*t. If it were their car they'd be the first to belt you about if they caught you.
    Hope you get some gratification in solving the mystery

Thanks to Renault for the plastic flaring around the RX4! If mine was a standard Scenic I'd have a huge ding in the rear where ir looks like a trolley just happened to get away from some idiot the other day and land against my car. This is my thery as the damage would have been more serious if it were another car.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Enthused, there's no easy fix. As to CCTV, many places hold footage for up to 14 days but you may have to play hard to get footage.

Step 1 is a police report. This will potentially influence policing patterns in the area. If a person is/was apprehended doing that kind of thing nearby, your case may be investigated... If you don't want it to happen to someone else, do the right thing and front up to make this report.

Next is to have the damage professionally assessed and priced for repair to new condition. Again, don't mess about and put it off. You need this stuff in writing.

Following, you may wish to investigate a claim against the parking facility. You may have grounds to argue in a local court that "Secure Parking" should mean that. Claim reasonably; do not expect compensation for suffering etc - just repair costs. State that you are willing negotiate at a CJC or mediation room at a local court (both free). Stipulate that all correspondence is to be in writing and send yours by registered post. Accept any offer over 50% costs - including this claim - because this is better than losing a claim (but don't let on how low to go).

Hope you can strike a deal; sorry about the irritation!

Regards, Adam.

wow - thanks for the responses guys.

unfortunately i should have made it clear - the secure parking was private parking under a block of units, not a paystation, so required a pass-key to gain entry. Means the culprit must be someone living in the block. No cctv or security. car was also parked there for 2 days so going through cctv if available would be difficult.

My first question was "did you park in someones spot?" but apparently no, it was her friends' spot (the girl who lives in the unit- she doesnt own a car... that said, i may swing by and see if someone else does use that spot...). Her friend offered to pay for the damage but really it's not her fault and to have the damage fixed properly would mean having both bonnet and hatch resprayed (which would really show up the rest of the car).

still - i need to fix it up for her as she's quite upset having to drive around her poor little car with swear-words on the bonnet... suggestions?

whatever you do NEVER tell anyone your car is reliable. doesn't matter how much wood you touch!

previous cars: peugeot 306xt, peugeot 205si, renault 20, renault 12 - sedan and wagon, renault 25, alfa 155 twin spark

For a quick start - clean the area with wax and grease remover or thinners. Then use knifing putty (stopping putty) wiped into the scratches. Allow overnight drying, lightly sand with P800 soaked in water. Rinse and wipe clean, warm the surface slightly with a hair dryer and spray on zinc-rich primer. Shane seems very happy with the Hi-Chem brand he's been using - I would otherwise suggest the Duplicolor.

TAFE is back in full swing for 2006. Go to one of the colleges where they teach paint and panel and ask to put a notice on their board. You'll get a cashie that's bearable from someone.

Regards, Adam.

still - i need to fix it up for her as she's quite upset having to drive around her poor little car with swear-words on the bonnet... suggestions?
    out of interest, what do they say? By that I mean, is it directed at her, or just some genearl offensive words...?

I would suggest one of those magic mobile touchup colour matching dudes. They are suprisingly goood for scratches and you really can't see any remenance of the scratch or repair job at all.
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

yeah, my car was keyed before i bought it, its a pain in the ass, and i dont have the cash to repair it, but im not too sure about your racing stripe idea, do you think that would be the wisest move? im a bit sus by those cans that you buy from autobahn and such places, i wouldnt be using it on my car, if i could help it, what colour is the car? you can get clay to fill gaps in certain colours, not sure about metallic paints though.
    chris
    Chris
    the frog family collection-
    -CITROEN-
    xantia exclusive
    bx 19 tri estate
    bx 19 tri 122 hatch
    bx 19tzi hatch
    '74 SM injection
    ax GT <- this one is mine
    -RENAULT-
    megane convertible (soft top)

Quote Originally Posted by addo
    For a quick start - clean the area with wax and grease remover or thinners. Then use knifing putty (stopping putty) wiped into the scratches. Allow overnight drying, lightly sand with P800 soaked in water. Rinse and wipe clean, warm the surface slightly with a hair dryer and spray on zinc-rich primer. Shane seems very happy with the Hi-Chem brand he's been using - I would otherwise suggest the Duplicolor.

TAFE is back in full swing for 2006. Go to one of the colleges where they teach paint and panel and ask to put a notice on their board. You'll get a cashie that's bearable from someone.

Regards, Adam.

yeah they do that. all you pay is the materials. worth a try!
    Peugeot 405 sri 94' everyday. Commodore once a month.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2213367

Default cool..

just has "f**k" scratched along one edge of the bonnet - rear end stuff is just random scratching apparently. So i dont think it was directed at anyone in particular.

I like the idea of taking it to a tafe - ultimo tafe is just round the corner and they do paint n panel there..

thanks!

Kriss

One of my clients was a Lara Crofts lookalike. She often played up the similarity by choice of garb. This used to upset the local lads (we're talking inner west if you get my drift), as they couldn't reconcile this person's appearance with lack of "availability" and several times her car was a victim...

Then again, you can just fall foul of obnoxious prats.

Mate, that stinks...

Good luck getting it fixed without breaking the bank!
    Care factor = -273.15ºC

Quote Originally Posted by addo
    One of my clients was a Lara Crofts lookalike. She often played up the similarity by choice of garb. This used to upset the local lads
    aggro gheys
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

1000+ Posts

I once entered a Secure Parking Station, and as I drove in after paying, the operator closed the boom gate on my roof, which proceeded to "bounce" leaving a series of dents. These were the Volvo days, so it wasn't too visible. Tried to take action but they were hiding behind the "enter at your own risk" clause in small font on the sign *after* you enter the parking station. About a year later, my car got keyed in that same parking station. All the way along the side. Not that it mattered all that much, because the car had already been keyed along the same side about a week before right outside that same parking station. You just can't win.

Thus far:

1. Petrol stolen out of the tank
    2. Wheel nuts loosened, hub cap replaced (nearly killed me)
    3. Boom gate shut on me
    4. Keyed
    5. Keyed again
    6. Kids drawing on five panels with a stone
    7. Mirror ripped apart
    8. Mirrors bashed (all the time)
    9. Doors opened into me (all the time)
    10. Parking light smashed.

I always do my very best to watch where I park!

Oh, and I've parked in one of the worst neighbourhoods in Paris for several days and received NOT A SCRATCH.

I feel for anyone and everyone who has sustained damage due to others. I count myself lucky, having once returned to the street where I had parked my R25 after a storm to find all the trees down and many vehicles sliced in half. Probably about a third of the cars had sustained significant damage - mine got away without a scratch.

Patrick
    605SVE

Fellow Frogger!

sorry to hear that some loser has nothing better to do. btw if its a bonnet with the bulge u can fix it by swapping with mine in any colour u want.
    Puggy.

Icon12

Your initial suggestion my be the quickest way to save the young lass the embarassment of driving the car as it is - but how about dropping into your local sign shop and getting them to lay a strip of sign grade vinyl in your choice of colour (maybe a close match to the car colour) quick, easy and non- permanent. When and if you can organise a re-paint the vinyl will come away with the help of a hair dryer.

If you were in Bris I'd do it for you...

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Quote Originally Posted by PJ810

Thus far:
    2. Wheel nuts loosened, hub cap replaced (nearly killed me)
    Patrick
    605SVE
    Man, who's missus did you shag to have someone do that?
    Care factor = -273.15ºC

No cheap secondhand bonnets that match?

Mike.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poo-Go
    Man, who's missus did you shag to have someone do that?
    Totally random as far as I know. Redfern... before it became trendy.

Wheel started disengaging from the rest of the car on Strathalan Avenue, Suspension Bridge in Northbridge. Those who know that road will know that's not where you want to loose a front wheel.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information