Would anyone like anything from Europe?
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Would anyone like anything from Europe?

Hi all,

Advertisement

I am in Scotland at the moment (80mi from Ecosse, but have yet to get there). I haven't bought a car yet, but plan to buy a 205GTi when I'm closer to travelling (am working at the moment). Is anyone interested in buying anything I could bring or send home? Not sure if this is a definite, just looking to see if anyone is interested at the moment. If I do buy a 205 I'll probably fill it with bits and ship it home if it's viable, but have yet to do too much research. Any advice on places to go?

As a side note, have a look on ebay.co.uk as it seems a genuine 205 1FM is on auction.

Cheers,

Chris.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bagel
    Hi all,

I am in Scotland at the moment (80mi from Ecosse, but have yet to get there). I haven't bought a car yet, but plan to buy a 205GTi when I'm closer to travelling (am working at the moment). Is anyone interested in buying anything I could bring or send home? Not sure if this is a definite, just looking to see if anyone is interested at the moment. If I do buy a 205 I'll probably fill it with bits and ship it home if it's viable, but have yet to do too much research. Any advice on places to go?

As a side note, have a look on ebay.co.uk as it seems a genuine 205 1FM is on auction.

Cheers,

Chris.
    Petrol caps! Bloody hard to come by and expensive.

Default 404 ute bits...

If you can find a new or very good secondhand ute instrument cluster over there, I'll take it! Thats the only thing I can think of thats is specific to the ute but not large. If you see an intercooler setup on any 505 XD3T diesels, I'll take one of those as well. Cheers and good luck with the 205.
    Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then when you judge them, you're a mile away and you've got thier shoes!

If you are bringing back a 205 GTI, as you will not have owned it for the required 12 months to bring back as a Personal Import, it will have to be one that can be proven to be built or registered before 1/1/89.

I would have thought bringing a 205 GTI back, would be hardly worth the trouble given their low value and availability in Australia, and the amount of corrosion you are likely to encounter. I have also found that you will not be able to insure any articles placed in the car, and the sound system is also uncoverable. About $1800 freight, $400 insurance, 10% Import Duty and 10% GST on the lot, and then you have to get it complied.

Mabe a Renault 5 GTT or Alpine GTA Turbo would be a better choice.
    With more funds a R5 Turbo 2, or Lotus Esprit Turbo.
    '56 Renault 750 (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    '08 Renault Megane sedan

Administrator

Default Bits from Pommy Land...

G'day,

Don't know what you had in mind, but I'd be very interested in a cast alloy cam cover from a Renault 21 Turbo.

They are impossible to get here (never sold) but should be reasonably common there...

Let me know.

Regards,

Richard

al

Quote Originally Posted by graham66
    Petrol caps! Bloody hard to come by and expensive.
    +1

Also little things like SADs and head/tail lights and indicators.

I wouldn't bother importing a standard gti either - although the price ready done 205Mis and gti6s go for is stupid. Get one of them...

Are you on the 205drivers forum? There are usually some pretty decent cars on there, and plenty of members are in the north of england/scotland.
    405 Mi16 - Sold - Now back
    205 Mi16
    505 GTi

Fellow Frogger!

damn if i knew that and still had money instead of buying a house - i'd get you to head on over to GMCMotorsport in NEWTON STEWART. S.W.SCOTLAND to pick me up some goodies.

'04 Citroen Xsara VTS

Mallala - 1:29.96

I would have thought spheres- heavy to post but cheap to buy in the UK. Accumulator sphere's are a good bet as they are shared between many models (of Citroen).

I could be looking for engine mounts soon and front struts. Not sure how you would get everyone's gear onto the container though- I would imagine lots of paperwork to fill out.

regards
    sean

Default Speedo drive pinion

For a Series 1 1982 505 SRDT 5 speed manual. (PLEASE!!!!) It must be from a diesel.
    82 Peugeot 505 Turbo Diesel
    78 VW Golf diesel
    80 VW Golf diesel
    84 Nissan Patrol MQ diesel

Fellow Frogger!

Default Bits and pieces

Well, I'll look into prices, if anyone knows websites or places to buy cheap stuff i can follow that up when I have more time. In regards to the import, I probably will be over here for more than a year, how does that affect pricing as a personal import? Are there better companies to ship with that anyone has experienced?

And Graham, petrol caps for what?

The freight would be on a shared cost if I post them over, but I won't do anything without everyone's agreement first.

I don't think a Lotus Esprit is a great idea given their reliability (?), and I've looked into Renault 5 GTTs but they all seem done up and revolting, I'll look into the other two perhaps. I do dream of a nice Series 3 205GTi, but maybe that can wait till I'm back on Aussie soil...

Tadpole

If you could pick up one of those Bugatti V12s it would be great. I'll fix you up when you get here.

Fellow Frogger!

Default bugatti veyron

no probs, I'll get two. does anyone want a Concorde while I'm at it? i think there's one in a local museum - everything has a price.

Hmm a Bugatti V12 would be nice but maybe a Bugatti W16 Veyron would be better. As for bringing a car back I have heard it can go well into the thousands to bring it over and pay all the taxes etc. Be great to have a car in Europe I know as you can drive everywhere but probably your best bet is sell it before you come back and then just buy one here. There are quite a lot of them going for sale nowadays and at good prices too.

Fellow Frogger!

I wonder if you could source a 2nd hand Petrol Cap for my 89' Series-2 505GTI Wagon (it must be off a series-2 wagon , series-1 wagon or sedan caps don't fit! )

That would be great!
    Last edited by raver; 20th February 2006 at 06:53 PM.

Icon6

no probs, I'll get two. does anyone want a Concorde while I'm at it? i think there's one in a local museum - everything has a price.
    G'day,
    does it come in black?
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?

1000+ Posts

And Graham, petrol caps for what?
    sorry, 205gti - as per your orig post..

Thread Information