To RustyMunga.....
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default To RustyMunga.....

How much in insurance are you paying for your GTI180?
    any accident history?
    age?
    insurance company?

I'm thinking of swapping my C4 for one or a rsc182
    i'm currently paying about $1500 full comp for the C4 already! and allianz won't let me make any mods to the car!!

Advertisement
    C4 Exclusive 2.0l Blanc Banquise

1000+ Posts

I live somewhere near Rusty...

My 172 cost me $1100 with NRMA...
    both under & over 25, with a really good record.

I live not too far from Rusty on the upper north shore. I'm 22 and pay approx $720 full comp on my GTi 180.
    2005 Aegean Blue 206 GTI 180

$1400 With Mum as main driver...

She hasn't driven it yet I guess she prefers the SC430.

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by rustymunga
    ................she prefers the SC430.
    Stop name dropping Rusty.............does not get you anywhere...........

Was that Joeys or Riverview??

Stu

name dropping!!?....err a lexus.

Rusty, youe parents are letting the team down by not driving a Merc. Sell the bloody SC430 and buy a CLK
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by n b j
    name dropping!!?....err a lexus.

Rusty, youe parents are letting the team down by not driving a Merc. Sell the bloody SC430 and buy a CLK
    True - it's only a Toyota with extra sound-proofing...........

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Ekliptix
    I live not too far from Rusty on the upper north shore. I'm 22 and pay approx $720 full comp on my GTi 180.
    Not having a go at you Ekliptix but....

What a f&*ken joke. I am 29 with full comprehensive insurance perfect driving record and because I live in canterbury I pay double what you do.

I hope board members of insurance companies develop serious cases of colon cancer..... Tosers...
    Bad_Karma

"The great philisopher Bashra once said... A flute without holes is not a flute, a donut without a hole is a danish" Ty Webb, Pro Golfer, CaddyShack

Quote Originally Posted by bad_karma

What a f&*ken joke. I am 29 with full comprehensive insurance perfect driving record and because I live in canterbury I pay double what you do.

I hope board members of insurance companies develop serious cases of colon cancer..... Tosers...

Yeah what is that. Bloody joke man. But you must understand that statistics is what will mostly generate the pricing of your charged premium. I.E. cars stolen in your area will be recorded and issued to insurance companies which ultimatly will end up reflecting the type of premium you pay. Nothing to do with the insurance companies. They charge you more for living in a area with more frequent theft. They have to man.

Lexus SC430 is acctually quite nice. Merc is too expensive. I havn't drivn it but inside it is luxury to the max. Just not for driving fast Crap performance, so I have heard.

I'll second you on the bile Mr Karma; the discrimination is appalling. But why let them waste an honest proctologist's time and gloves?

Dude, it's not discrimination... He's not black.

hehehe

Anyway, it isn't you have to understand that insurance policy is based on statistics. If an area has a certain percentage of stolen cars every year, a formula will calculate the appropriate premium average for people living in that particular area. Dude... Blame the formula.

***ing maths.

Quote Originally Posted by Mi16 Man
    Stop name dropping Rusty........

Yeah true...

Oh yea, dad is the stylish one, he owns the Continental.

nuff said.

1000+ Posts

Style and Continental? I must be missing something. SL55 AMG it should have been

SC430 has woeful resale, makes the Benz seem cheap.
    Tim

2016 Lexus RX450h

1000+ Posts

LOL, Chatswood would have to be one of the worst!!!

Guy in my building is on his 3rd statesman, guy down the road often sees cars in his "secure" carpark on bricks without wheels etc etc etc...

I was 25 with a perfect record & paied $1135 on the clio...
    $720 is waaay too cheap... hmmm

Insurer?
    Excess?
    Listed drivers?
    Record?

Quote Originally Posted by nate
    LOL, Chatswood would have to be one of the worst!!

I don't live in chatty though. Just near it. My area is very very safe. I don't think there would have been one car jacking ever, seriously safe.

TOUCH FRIKEN WD

Default J'accuse...

Chatswood lives in denial of some darker subcurrents, as Nate alludes to.

There are good and bad streets in every suburb, reflecting the mix of people. If insurance were calculated simply on statistics, why won't insurers release all their claim info for independent perusal? I believe they collude, they discriminate, they profiteer... Even first party on a new, basic, "daily" gets the driver pineappled in some parts of Sydney.

I'd like to see a cashback for dobbing in people riding anothers' policy. Can you imagine the furfight?

I don't live in chatty though. Just near it. My area is very very safe. I don't think there would have been one car jacking ever, seriously safe.

TOUCH FRIKEN WD
    Roseville, Killara, Linfield...?

dude FUll comp on my car with no claims and no accidents..EVER is $1,500 (which includes choice of repair, etc...) And I live in the Mosman/Cremorne/Neutral Bay area.

Some insurance agencies refused to insure me until I was 30!!! WTF IS THAT!? My BMW is insured for a LOT less then a gti180 would be insured for, yet I am paying heaps more, and I am 24 yrs old without any claims or any accidents and I have a Gold drivers License.

It's not fair, my BMW might be fast and so on, but it's value is certainly no more (infact a lot less) then a Pug Gti 180. It SUX. My insurance would be a LOT less if my car was a Sedan too rather then a Coupe. I eman WTF is up with that, the only difference between a 325ic and a 325i Sedan is the bloody doors!!! I hate insurance agencies.
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

Fellow Frogger!

Fellas

Do you know that the annoying thing is thta my neighborhood is so quet you could drop a pin and hear it! Do you know how many times I have accidently left my wallet and mobile phone in my unlocked car (back in the days I was driving the honda civic) and I would go back and find them there the very next day.

As for statistics I can point out that no one in my neighborhood have ever been car jacked unlike some rich areas that have been in the news on the past.

Hey I guess someone has to pay for their AMG SL65's to be replaced after they have been carjacked!

Enough rant from me for now....
    Bad_Karma

"The great philisopher Bashra once said... A flute without holes is not a flute, a donut without a hole is a danish" Ty Webb, Pro Golfer, CaddyShack

www.sinclairpremium.com
    if you have VIN numbers is next to you just get the price from online
    for me full insurance cover everythings hail damage as well.$722.26

PS: peugeot 206 GTI180 2005 model NRMA- $1230 l ve lost my licence in 1 yr 3 times but never accident or injury just speeding l hate NRMA
    Last edited by nos205gti; 14th February 2006 at 11:12 PM.

wtf...?
    i'm 20 (21 in march) live in pennant hills with 1 very minor accident paying $1550 for my 2.0l slow C4 with allianz
    before this i drove a V6 vienta saloon which i had to pay exactly the same with nrma

F*&k i should have done more insurance research......i was going to buy a silvia S15 or a GTR instead of the C4 but insurance wanted 3 - 5k for it so i just assumed the likes of brand new peugeot 180's, golf gti's, or rsc182 would have similar results....

*sigh...i'll do a ring around tomorow and if all goes well, proceed to lose a hefty depreciation sum on my C4
    C4 Exclusive 2.0l Blanc Banquise

Rusty,
    try insurance hotline.
    I did a google search for online insurance and filled out heaps of quote forms and insurance hotline were the lowest quotes by far. You could have your parents as main driver and still come out way ahead, they only need documented proof of rating you are claiming the discount for.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

$1400
    Ouch!!!
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

"wtf...?
    i'm 20 (21 in march) live in pennant hills with 1 very minor accident paying $1550 for my 2.0l slow C4 with allianz
    before this i drove a V6 vienta saloon which i had to pay exactly the same with nrma

F*&k i should have done more insurance research......i was going to buy a silvia S15 or a GTR instead of the C4 but insurance wanted 3 - 5k for it so i just assumed the likes of brand new peugeot 180's, golf gti's, or rsc182 would have similar results....

*sigh...i'll do a ring around tomorow and if all goes well, proceed to lose a hefty depreciation sum on my C4 "

I'm a agent for Allianz and i have found that they don't particularly like young people, they wouldn't touch me in my 180. We loose 90% of our young enquiries to AAMI as they tend to be 1-2k cheaper. Just car is quite expensive on the 180 too. Was twice as much as AAMI for me.

Good luck mate.

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by bad_karma

Yeah I can imagine it is pretty frustrating. I live right near Simon and Chris180 (although I didn't know it until now) and my suburb has pretty much only one entry and one exit road. It also has next to no crime. When I got the quote that I mentioned, the insurance advisor couldn't believe how cheap it was.

I have owned a modified S15 prior to the 180 and was paying $3900 the first year and $2900 last year. So I know what it's like to pay high premiums. I am scared to think what it might cost in your area. It's just the way it goes unfortunately.

I have found from my experience that insurance quotes as much about luck as statistics. I have called the same insurance company three times in one day and got three different prices from three different people. Just make sure you get the reference number for each one and call back and quote the cheapest one!
    2005 Aegean Blue 206 GTI 180

Quote Originally Posted by HONG KONG PUGGY
    Rusty,
    try insurance hotline.
    I did a google search for online insurance and filled out heaps of quote forms and insurance hotline were the lowest quotes by far. You could have your parents as main driver and still come out way ahead, they only need documented proof of rating you are claiming the discount for.
    l think hotline budget insurance company only for lady?? my wife insurance under hotline insurance.they didnt insure too my cars

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information