SWMBO drives a (non froggy) 4wd Turbo Diesel that replaced her C5 Diesel Wagon as you do when you have four kids, 2 horses and a business to run!

It is just approaching 20,000klms of commuting, kids, horse floats, towing car trailers etc... and for it's first 3 oil changes I used Penrite 15/50 Semi Synthetic Diesel Oil as recomended by the dealer.

At the most recent change (20k) I couldn't find the stuff so bought Elf TurboDiesel 10/40 (AutoPro @ $26.99 for 5 litres) and after 1000klms of driving over the weekend I just wanted to say that it has transformed the car.

I have never experienced such a change in behaviour all because of a different oil... it was so dramatic that even SWMBO comented... "what have you done to the car it feels like you've put a new engine in it....!!!???"

Now I accept that as it gets to 20k's the engine would be run in. smoother etc... but this transaformation has been like throwing a switch....

Economy has improved, noise and vibration from the engine is less and it defintely feels like it's found a few extra kw's! all this on a brand new car that has had engine and filter changes every 5000klms and in all respects has performed flawlessly... surely it can't be coincidental...

Anyway for any Turbo Diesel drivers out there go to Autopro and pick up 5litres of the stuff, put it in and let me know what you think...

It's won me

Advertisement