Advertisement

I'd start by questioning East Staines Massive. They are some prints
    John

2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue
    2008 BMW 325i M-sport steptronic sedan - Alpineweiss
    2010 BMW 320d Touring Innovations - Space Grey

1000+ Posts

Well its all OK & working again now...
    1/2 an hour of re-wiring & its all running again! (without having to start it with a screwdriver )

No internal damage done at all (the car just falls apart by itself anyway!), so its back to normal excluding the door lock!

Edit: my only real concern is physical removal...

Here's my thinking:
    1) basic security/physical systems - stop the idiotic joy riders that dont have a clue (last nite)
    2) good physical systems - stop medium guys from giving it a good go, but its not of much use to them (unless they're joyriders)
    3) complete pro's - i use comprehensive insurance to overcome this

So once i get the basics up to scratch i should sleep better....
    Last edited by nate; 7th February 2006 at 10:08 PM.

Tadpole

Road Runner Status Update - too close for comfort!!
    Take Me To Your Toge

GXE10 IS200 Sports 6MT
    Altezza Club of Australia

1000+ Posts

Add a car-cover to the shopping list. It's one more thing they have to pull off, and it keeps the dust off while it's in the garage. Slows them down and they will need to get started before being able to do a visual on all the other tie-down security measures you've taken.

Real bummer. Shame these things are happening in our city. If you catch them, don't call the police cause they won't do anything. Just lock them in your garage for a couple of days and we'll have an Aussie Frogs "bring your tow-bar" meeting at your place to sort them out.

Patrick
    605SVE

Quote Originally Posted by PJ810
    Real bummer. Shame these things are happening in our city. If you catch them, don't call the police cause they won't do anything. Just lock them in your garage for a couple of days and we'll have an Aussie Frogs "bring your tow-bar" meeting at your place to sort them out.
    Patrick
    605SVE
    If you do catch them Nate be sure to tell us all. I'd drive from Brisbane for that and I bet I'd fill the car with willing accomplises too

For all round security I liked the idea of the pole that locks behind the car. If you made it sturdy then the only way to remove it would be cutting it and this would create alot of noise.
    I thought today that you should also tell your neighbours you won't be doing any serious mechanical work in your garage and that way if they hear any suspicious noise there will be reason to call you or the wallopers
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

If you need a fab quickly for ground anchoring, Dave the steel guy at Complete Hardware Eastwood, can usually knock something up with a couple of hours leeway (and cheap!). Even N12 bar hot bent into a 200 mm long, 100mm wide "flat U" would do well. Not oxy-proof but you'd definitely get noticed hacking it off.

Cheers, Adam.

1000+ Posts

If i ever found someone having a go at it...
    i suppose you could say "i never found them"

god bless this vast land... hectares of bush with lots of wild bores on it...

Thanks heaps for everyone's suggestions, i'll get some good stuff sorted!

A.

You could leave a brown snake it in it (mostly harmless) but it sure will give those burglers a fright.

B.

Invest in rottweiler, if you have the room and want a pet

C.

Anti car jacking devices that are used in South africa/south america; Electrified door handles, under door flame throwers or cabin tear gas

D.

Invest GPS tracking with satelite guided imobiliser, 5 point imbolisation, anti tip, perimeter & shock sensors

Please disregard options A & C, although after having previous cars broken into A & C felt very appropriate at the time. All the best with your security.
    04' GTi 180

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    One of the BX16V guys in the UK had an immaculate red series one 16V. One day, broad daylight, a tow truck turns up runs a sling around it, hauls it onto the back of the flatbed; never been seen since.
    My brothers beautiful sky blue MR2 Turbo had that happen at his house in oxford, found the *parts* well some of them in france 3 months later.

Nate,

thats just insulting that they tried to touch such a car, some people have no respect.

Glad to know that you will have measures in order to stop would-be losers in the future. Nice to know that there is (as always) a wealth of knowledge from members of AF willing to assist in unpleasent situations.

At least I know that if anyone tried to steal the 16Valve, that it is most likely they (joyriders) wouldn't know that the car has to be on HIGH height setting to get out of our driveway. Let alone know how to achieve said height. I'd just hear the front and rear bars dieing on the way out......... oh wait what shane said........ its a citroen.......

Jono
    1989 BX16Valve

"Resting" 1983 505 STi

Can you get those data dots that they spray on new BMWs and some other cars with the VIN/chassis number? If so, I'd consider investing in them so your car can't be sold for parts. Satellite tracking isn't a bad idea either.
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup
    1989 205 Gti - Sold

"This year, I invested in pumpkins. They've been going up the whole month of October and I got a feeling they're going to peak right around January. Then, bang! That's when I'll cash in." - Homer Simpson

1000+ Posts

Alrighty...

Last night i got the security system installed, its 100% fool proof!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nate
    Alrighty...

Gold!!!!! Your lucky to get that photo of Chuck Norris... He could have been using his ironic hidden talent of invisibility!
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Quote Originally Posted by SamR
    Can you get those data dots that they spray on new BMWs and some other cars with the VIN/chassis number? If so, I'd consider investing in them so your car can't be sold for parts. Satellite tracking isn't a bad idea either.
    Yeah they are called DATA Dots. You also have a little sticker on your car saying 'protected by data dots' I am sure there are substances out there that could remove them though, if the thieves are pros
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

Alrighty...

Nahh; bloody poser; get a real tough guard on the job.

"Chop, Chop" would be nice.

http://www.chopperread.com/

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Quote Originally Posted by n b j
    Yeah they are called DATA Dots. You also have a little sticker on your car saying 'protected by data dots' I am sure there are substances out there that could remove them though, if the thieves are pros
    Yes its easy to defeat, you peel the sticker of the window, forge a new VIN & spray the whole underside of the car in black (butumius underbody spray) with a hi level of thinners in the paint which desolves the UV effect of the dots. The drive on a rainy,or muddy area to make it look normal underneath. I'ts a fairly well know trick by 99% of panel beater apprentices. - Chris
    ... ptui!

A nice cheap alternative is to grab an old celly , gut it , wire it in parallel of the ecu/ignition somewhere inconspicuious , if it does get stolen ring it and then immediately call the telco to track it ,

1. The car stops ,and itll be a bitch to work out what happened buys you time
    2. They can trace the whereabouts on the vehicle within a few meters .
    3. The cops are more likely to be bothered doing something if you can already give them a block to find it within .

Sure you may have the odd inconvieniance of a wrong number but id prefer that and have the car back if it did get nicked .

Dale.
    (I have had a heavily moddified car stolen (in VERY suspicious circustances) never to be found again and the cops didnt even bother contacting us till 2 weeks after the event for details even though it had been reported ......)
    No substitute for C.I. ....except boost

1973 R17 TL - R18 turbo repowered .
    1989 R25 Monaco v6.

Icon5

being such a horni looking car..I hope the sydney CSI used the obligatory blacklight to check for likely stains!
    ..and then took DNA samples!
    Nate, you're welcome to borrow Daims (remember my big vicious dobermann?) to guard your car whilst you get alternatives arranged. by the time he lets them stop patting him, it'll be morning & you can catch them at it!
    of course, he just might bite their [email protected] off too ...now wouldn't that be nice!
    Aus
    Aus
    ".....the good health of a pond is held in a delicate balance. A pond's condition
    deteriorates when the bottom environment cannot support animal life.
    The bottom is the area that runs out of oxygen first, it is where the most oxygen is used........"

'84 fuego GTX
    '87 fuego GTX
    '85 fuego GTX
    ....beginning to look a bit frightning isn't it.

I'd be surprised if the cops do anything.

My 405 was taken. Called the cops, they said they can't do anything, "but we'll take a report so you can claim on insurance. Fat chance you'll ever see your car."

Cops in the Gong found it by accident. abandoned.

Probably because it stopped running, for once, I love the fact that my car was so unreliable. But I'm surprised it made it to the gong.

They took my tools (Snap-On: from my mechanic days. it's the only tools I had). Broke my seat, windows, took the gear knob that was falling apart.

Anyway, good luck with the security thing.
    Ever wonder why Mad Scientist talk to themselves? They know others just wouldn't understand.

The software said "Windows 98 or better". So I installed Linux.

1990 405 Mi16

I dont know if this should be in the houmour section, but the very first fuego I ever bought had been stolen!!!
    This would have slipped past me ,had of I not tried to transfer the rego to NSW and the alarm bells rung at the RTA.I assured them there must be a mistake as no one would ever even buy a fuego,let alone steel one, but I had to trundle off to the local cop shop to get it sorted.
    Ends up the foolish last owner had managed to get it stolen somehow,and reported it to the cops and his insurence Co.It concked out about three blocks away, , and he retrieved it, but only told the insurence Co, not the cops.
    By the end of the day the whole silly mis-understanding was sorted, and I got my rego.
    Jo

Cub

I'm a bit out of touch so i didnt even realise we had one of those in Sydney!

With a kit like that i cant say that i blame the those idiots for having go at the car!

However i must commend their taste as I didnt think car theives in Oz were even slightly interested in Frogs...
    CUB

1000+ Posts

yeah the stealing & driving thing i'm not worried about, its easy enough to stop them from getting it started. My main concern is the Towie's & flatbeds...

its all moving along... & definetley not stopping me from driving

Cops did come, but i dont think they're actively chasing it...
    though i'll always keep some zip ties next to my door if i ever hear any noises!

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cub
    With a kit like that i cant say that i blame those idiots for having go at the car!
    Its not that quick...
    Its not inconspicuous...
    Parts aren't usable...
    Its not re-sellable...
    Its not re-birthable...

and its not that reliable!!!

Its not that quick...
    Its not inconspicuous...
    Parts aren't usable...
    Its not re-sellable...
    Its not re-birthable...

and its not that reliable!!!
    but it does make them look like ali G, aaiiiiggghtttt!!!!!

out of interest, how "not fast" is not fast? i hard those things go like stink, and id be the first in to give it a run in my car. i beat one of those ET pulsar turbos the other nite in my humble little 1.4. but its gotta be quicker than my snail, ???
    Chris
    the frog family collection-
    -CITROEN-
    xantia exclusive
    bx 19 tri estate
    bx 19 tri 122 hatch
    bx 19tzi hatch
    '74 SM injection
    ax GT <- this one is mine
    -RENAULT-
    megane convertible (soft top)

still would be faster than the Renault Sport Clio...
    Renault Sport Clio 172.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread Information