• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How to beat a Clubsport

Default How to beat a Clubsport

Anyone ever done this,

Advertisement

Driving along in my trusty truckster yesterday along a section of road known for speed cameras so I was sitting exactly on 60 on a wet day when a Clubsport comes screaming up behind way over the limit right onto my tow bar, he was so close I couldn't see his headlights, he really didn't like me sitting on 60. I kept trundling along ignoring him and came to a Commodore in the middle of the road turning right, I looked at the gap between him and the curb and thought yes I can fit through that so delliberately without braking so the brake lights wouldn't alarm my friend behind I sized up the gap and went straight through, then I watched as the clubby had its ABS working overtime trying to pull up. He was so close to me I can't imagine he stopped in time, the road was wet but I wasn't game to go back and see, I never saw him for the rest of the trip.

So I beat a Clubsport without breaking any road laws and I was rapt.

Anyone else done anything like that.

David.

Really stupid of that clubsport tailgating you like that, but I can't agree with what you did either. You would have taught that clubsport driver a lesson, but what about the poor sod he crashed into. At worst the innocent driver waiting to turn right could have sustained whiplash and associated injuries, and at best they've got the hassles that go with an accident (even one when it's the other driver's fault). If I had someone crash into the back of my car when it has never been in an accident before, and especially if it's one of those accident where it doesn't get written off but the damage is just enough that the car will never handle the same again, I would be mightily pissed off. If an accident did occur, of course the majority of the blame lays with the clubsport driver whose driving style was just an accident waiting to happen, but your actions would've also contributed to that particular accident. I'm sure if it was witnessed, you could possibly also face an infringement for not indicating etc.

I apologise for the sour note, but I honestly feel it's just something to consider because of the other innocent party involved. I faced a similar situation not long ago but I was the car behind and I definitely was not tailgating. I think I posted about it a while back. Just did a search and found it http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21623

But I agree, there's no excuse for such ridiculous driving by the clubsport. Tailgating would be one of the biggest causes of accidents.
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Surprised you couldn't *feel* his bloody foglights heating the back of your seat.

I will not chastise you for, much at it may seem irresponsible, I gained great vicarious delight in your tale. And anyway, he didn't crash and learnt his lesson. Karma was with you, nice one
    John

2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue
    2008 BMW 325i M-sport steptronic sedan - Alpineweiss
    2010 BMW 320d Touring Innovations - Space Grey

That action would be akin to putting your vehicle ahead of a tosser driving a van with a mobile phone glued to his ear, effectively causing his vehicle to be on auto pilot. Apply brakes slightly so brake lights come on

Forward control vans are so ungainly during panic stops

Not that I would ever suggest anyone would do such a thing...

Dave
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

Quote Originally Posted by U Turn
    Really stupid of that clubsport tailgating you like that, but I can't agree with what you did either. You would have taught that clubsport driver a lesson, but what about the poor sod he crashed into. At worst the innocent driver waiting to turn right could have sustained whiplash and associated injuries, and at best they've got the hassles that go with an accident (even one when it's the other driver's fault). If I had someone crash into the back of my car when it has never been in an accident before, and especially if it's one of those accident where it doesn't get written off but the damage is just enough that the car will never handle the same again, I would be mightily pissed off. If an accident did occur, of course the majority of the blame lays with the clubsport driver whose driving style was just an accident waiting to happen, but your actions would've also contributed to that particular accident. I'm sure if it was witnessed, you could possibly also face an infringement for not indicating etc.

I apologise for the sour note, but I honestly feel it's just something to consider because of the other innocent party involved. I faced a similar situation not long ago but I was the car behind and I definitely was not tailgating. I think I posted about it a while back. Just did a search and found it http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21623

But I agree, there's no excuse for such ridiculous driving by the clubsport. Tailgating would be one of the biggest causes of accidents.

Yeah well you've got to remember I was the innocent victim too, if I hadn't of done something to get him off my tale I could have been the next road rage victim all because I stuck to the speed limit. I doubt I'd have been charged with anything because it was a single lane road, there was no need to indicate and I didn't make any sudden direction changes, I just sized up a gap and drove through it at normal safe road speed. The fact that he couldn't fit isn't my problem.
    Besides, I don't know for sure he crashed, I went passed there hours later and there was no glass on the road, that doesn't mean anthing I know.

David.

XTC

How to beat a Clubsport ???

Easy .... with a BIG stick (Cronulla version only)

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

I beat a couple of young blokes in a hotted up Falcon Coupe at a traffic light drag once! It was raining and past the intersection was a parked car (in their lane) when the lights turned green, their engine roared, their wheels spun and that's where they stayed.
    I took off with a few extra revs, slipped the clutch a little to prevent the wheels spinning and the next thing you know, the dudes are behind me, the driver red faced, his mate giving him a ribbing!
    No I wasn't in a WRX, but a humble bog standard R12!
    Cheers Renomad

"Today's mighty oak, is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground"

Current frogs, Dad's R19 & Dad's Scenic.

Past frogs, R12 Wagon X2, R12GL, Fuego X2, R10 X2, R8 X.5!

Full points Dave. You can't be held responsible or accountable for the idiot in the Clubsport, he chose his actions!!
    Should be more of it!
    The less clubsports the better
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

I hope their were no children,babies,old people or anyone for that matter in the innocent car.

Potentially wreck someone/s life because someone else is acting like an idiot make you a bigger tool than the club sports
    05 206 GTI 180
    04 407 ST
    94 306 XT

Quote Originally Posted by XTC

- xTc -
    Or beat it with a club. Make it feel at home!
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by XTC

- xTc -
    To be polite you would have to do it in time with the beating sound from inside. Or syncopate even and put them off their stroke
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

If the nuff nuff in the ClubSport was driving with any level of competence he would not have crashed... simple!

If he did and as much s I feel for the "inncocent party" it was totally the roesonsibility of the CLub Sport drive not another innocent car that was obeying the road rules and dirving to conditions.

I can see it now.... "Sorry officer but the car I was tailgating doing 60kpm didn't brake and passed safely between the curb and the stationary vechicle... but I was a) too wide to fit and b) speeding so didn't have time to stop in time....!"

Hmmmmm can't blame anyone else but Mr Nuff Nuff...
    BX TZI Hatch
    BX TRI Hatch
    GS C-Matic

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

I've done this sort of thing several times ... Usually on corners where I know the road and offending head into the scenery (as opposed as another car).

Most recent was through a local S bend. A lowered dunnydore had been tailgating me... So I don't slow for the 'S' bend and take the old rolly polly Cit through it on the limit, balancing the car on the throttle.... Last thing I saw in the mirror was dunydore heading sideways across the road into the scenery Another one was a bird with 'P' plates tailgating so closing I was bloody scared in her new'ish car (that daddy had obviously bought her), she must have messed it's front end up in a big way ... 'cos I happened to know the next round-a-bout quite well.... It's off camber and cuts in badly at the exit... Last thing I saw was her mounting the gutter and heading down off road on it's exit point ... Lessoned learnt... Don't tailgate old ratty looking Renault 12's There driver may well be a far better driver than you

seeya,
    Shane L.
    nota likes this.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavanagh
    Yeah well you've got to remember I was the innocent victim too, if I hadn't of done something to get him off my tale I could have been the next road rage victim all because I stuck to the speed limit. I doubt I'd have been charged with anything because it was a single lane road, there was no need to indicate and I didn't make any sudden direction changes, I just sized up a gap and drove through it at normal safe road speed. The fact that he couldn't fit isn't my problem.
    Besides, I don't know for sure he crashed, I went passed there hours later and there was no glass on the road, that doesn't mean anthing I know.

David.
    G'day all,

Time to remember, everyone is responsible for his own actions. If some yobbo wants to tailgate you, he, and only he, is responsible for his action. What is behind you is not your concern.

ps. Well done.
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?

...although....tailgating usually means matching speed precisely.....and often one is much more prepared to brake suddenly....senses are hightened....
    The clubbie probably managed to pull up in time.......Still a very stupid thing to be doing when wet.....

cheers

dino

I hope you all feel the same way when a clubby has been guided into the back of you cars
    05 206 GTI 180
    04 407 ST
    94 306 XT

good work davo, the world is a better place without low iq clubsport driving bogans

lol it seems dangerous, although ive been hit from behind at about 60km/h and all i sustained was bruising on the chest and some sore knuckles

ive seen you road warriors do worse and crazier things...great story david

Quote Originally Posted by dino
    ...although....tailgating usually means matching speed precisely.....and often one is much more prepared to brake suddenly....senses are hightened....
    The clubbie probably managed to pull up in time.......Still a very stupid thing to be doing when wet.....

cheers

dino
    dino, yeah that may be true, but I really would be very surprised if the clubbie managed to pull up in time. If there was no accident, the only thing I can think of is that he managed to fit into the gap as well.

There is a world of difference between braking when the car in front is braking, as compared to braking when there is a completely stationary object in front of you. Even if the driver behind was not tailgating and was doing the speedlimit, it is still not an easy thing to go from 60 to 0 kph in less than 4 seconds, taking into account reaction time.
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Default Clubsport Clown

Dave,
    Thanks for the laugh.
    Just remember people, 95% of Commodore drivers are *&^%heads & the other 5% are still thinking about it !

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by stevesteve
    lol it seems dangerous, although ive been hit from behind at about 60km/h and all i sustained was bruising on the chest and some sore knuckles
    And I know someone who was hit behind at 60km/h and it ruined their life. A young person who physically will never be the same again.

Sorry Dave, but I think what you did was irresponsible. It's a great story 'til you think about the impact it could have had on the life of a person who had nothing to do with a w4nker tailgater, nor your frustration at same w4nker.
    Care factor = -273.15ºC

Quote Originally Posted by gmrobins
    Just remember people, 95% of Commodore drivers are *&^%heads & the other 5% are still thinking about it !

Greg
    Hmmm I drive a Commodore, as well as a Renault! So what does that make me?
    Cheers Renomad

"Today's mighty oak, is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground"

Current frogs, Dad's R19 & Dad's Scenic.

Past frogs, R12 Wagon X2, R12GL, Fuego X2, R10 X2, R8 X.5!

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron
    I've done this sort of thing several times ... Usually on corners where I know the road and offending head into the scenery (as opposed as another car).

Most recent was through a local S bend. A lowered dunnydore had been tailgating me... So I don't slow for the 'S' bend and take the old rolly polly Cit through it on the limit, balancing the car on the throttle.... Last thing I saw in the mirror was dunydore heading sideways across the road into the scenery Another one was a bird with 'P' plates tailgating so closing I was bloody scared in her new'ish car (that daddy had obviously bought her), she must have messed it's front end up in a big way ... 'cos I happened to know the next round-a-bout quite well.... It's off camber and cuts in badly at the exit... Last thing I saw was her mounting the gutter and heading down off road on it's exit point ... Lessoned learnt... Don't tailgate old ratty looking Renault 12's There driver may well be a far better driver than you

seeya,
    Shane L.
    I've done this twice, once was heading north around northbridge, where I took the fuego at terminal velocity, and the astra convertable launched over the mediam strip,gained about 1 meter of air and landed on its belly with lots of sparks and a rather bad smell, and the other time was heading down to palm beach on the very last chicanes coming down the last hill.I felt like a complete and utter bastard after about a day, and dont think I'll ever do it again, as in both cases the drivers and everyone else survived with just their dignity in shreds, but I'd not sleep at night if I knew I was partly responsible for an injury or death.
    when I was a kid, I made myself a BMX course that took me down two flights of stairs in close succesion and practiced it till I could do it in my sleep. Too fast and you landed on the second stair case,very bad, too slow and you rattled your teeth over every stair.Not being a full local to this area, I'd often get bullied by tougher kids to get off their turf,and being lippy,would end up being chased off in the direction of the stair cases, with the bully in close pursuit. When I disapeared out of view, the guy behind would always hit the brakes, go off the first set off balance ,land on his front wheel, and tumble down the second set sans BMX
    I'd say these kids,if they aren't dead from the junk, would be driving clubsportsor or crummydoor show pony utes.
    Jo

Quote Originally Posted by Renomad
    Hmmm I drive a Commodore, as well as a Renault! So what does that make me?
    Perhaps a true Aussie Frog ???

2005 Renaultsport Mégane Turbo 225 LX

Quote Originally Posted by U Turn
    but I honestly feel it's just something to consider because of the other innocent party involved.
    Yeah, true true U Turn. There are days when I have to remind myself it isn't a game. I'd be distraught if someone rear-ended the car I was born in (then I might have to buy downunderyank's oil burner and paint it a better colour [and yes, it is spelt "colour"] ).

Not everyone gets a second chance in car accidents, and I couldn't live with myself knowing that I'd helped maim someone because I was being a clown.
    '96 306 xtdt
    '83 505 SRDT (440,000kms) - "Gertrude"
    '79 504 GLD (?x100,000 + 59,349kms) "Guinea Pug"

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information