Places to Eat in Launceston?
  • Register
  • Help

Icon11 Places to Eat in Launceston?

Hello Tassie Froggers!

Looks like I will be travelling to the Apple Isle for a few days rather soon. On my last visit I saw numerous froggy drivers around (all those nice twisty roads ) so perhaps Tassie Froggers here may care to opine on their favourite places for dinner in Launceston?

Advertisement

whitegoshawk
    "You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles... Radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." - Albert Einstein

Xantia Activa CT - Chock full of upsy-downsy goodness!

Default Daniel Alps at Strathlynn

Pipers Brook Vineyard (on the Tamar at Rosevears...NOT the original Pipers Brook). Arguably the best in Tassie. When you get there, order "Mathom Farm Capretto". You'll be glad you did! Tell Daniel his supplier sent you and if you want to see where it's grown check out our website.
    82 Peugeot 505 Turbo Diesel
    78 VW Golf diesel
    80 VW Golf diesel
    84 Nissan Patrol MQ diesel

Bit of a hard question to answer without knowing your preferences, budget etc.

JJ's at Longford is good for casual, Fish & Chips at Seaport, Hallams next to Royal Park, the Red Feather Inn at Hadspen, the Prickly Cactus if you like Mexican, Toro's if you like Spanish. The Gorge if you want to eat in one of the most gorgeous natural almost inner city environments possible. Counter meals are good at the Country Club Hotel in Longford (with all the memorabilia of the Grand Prix days), Royal on George and the Star Bar. I wonder if any of these guys will give me a free meal for this plug?

OR

buy a hamper and set off up the Sideling (to experience the handling of your Frog on one of our Targa stages) to the picnic area that overlooks Scottsdale and the North East.
    Simple Simon

306 GTi6 in Tassie - what a combo

Thanks for the suggestions. I am sure all will provide useful alternatives to Room Service or counter meals down the road at the pub.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Simon
    I wonder if any of these guys will give me a free meal for this plug?
    Wonder if I can get a free meal by telling them that 'Simple Simon Sent me?' Either way - worth a try, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Simon
    buy a hamper and set off up the Sideling (to experience the handling of your Frog on one of our Targa stages) to the picnic area that overlooks Scottsdale and the North East.
    Unfortunately won't have the Froggymobile on this trip, instead opting for the, umm, interesting handling of a Turbodiesel Patrol for some of the finest 'roads' i will travel.

Though my next trip to Tassie mandates visiting St Marys, Scottsdale et al... Will investigate feasability of sending the car unaccompanied on the ferry, as I don't travel at all well by sea unfortunately.

whitegoshawk
    "You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles... Radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." - Albert Einstein

Xantia Activa CT - Chock full of upsy-downsy goodness!

Thanks for the tips on Launceston. We are hoping to travel through Tassie in early March for a couple of weeks, and are keen to hear of good food anywhere in the region. We're especially looking forward to the seafood and crayfish.
    And we'll be taking Rosie, a 1954 Citroen Light 15, so please wave if you see us! Looking forward to the curvy roads!

Thanks for the food leads: I fly in to do a field trip examining "the response effect of coloured objects on freshwater vertebrates coupled with the tensile specififcations on monofilaments".
    Should give me a week to do it.

PJW

Thread Information