I'm going to kill someone - yet more damage
  • Register
  • Help
    1000+ Posts

Default I'm going to kill someone - yet more damage

Following on from the "damaged while parked" thread, it seems like EVERY TIME I park my car something happens.

Advertisement

Today I skipped several available spots, parked next to a column, yet someone managed to smash out my left front parking light. I just noticed now when "putting the car to bed".

Trust me, if I ever see someone so much as touching their door, shopping trolley or bag against another car, rest assured I will not let them off lightly.

The worm who did this to me today is the lowest form of life.

Patrick
    605SVE

Interesting re the story on inflamatory headlines tonight (today tonight) this evening. Someone is selling a hail guard that is placed around the sides of the car and protects from shopping trolleys, car doors etc. Apparantly in Vic there are 450 shopping park accidents per week.
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'77 CX 2400 Pallas 4spd manual Import

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

Patrick - sorry for the damage done - it sucks I know.

Ultimately it's a car - some people dont have the same regard for their car (or others) as you, I, others here do. You cant do anything about it unless you a) put your car under video surveilance 24x7

or

b) dont park in shopping center carparks

There is one shopping center that I wont go to as I had my pug doored there. In the end It pissed me off that much I spent the $250 and had the door resprayed.

try and smile.
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Quote Originally Posted by cruiserman
    Someone is selling a hail guard that is placed around the sides of the car and protects from shopping trolleys, car doors etc.
    And guess which car would end up being the target of mindless vandalism, the normal car or the one in the daggy skirt :-)

Follow gti138's advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    And guess which car would end up being the target of mindless vandalism, the normal car or the one in the daggy skirt :-)

Follow gti138's advice!
    I was thinking that as the typically emotive storyline was being "reported" looked daggy and would attract the vandals to test it out.
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'77 CX 2400 Pallas 4spd manual Import

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by PJ810
    Following on from the "damaged while parked" thread, it seems like EVERY TIME I park my car something happens.

Today I skipped several available spots, parked next to a column, yet someone managed to smash out my left front parking light. I just noticed now when "putting the car to bed".

Trust me, if I ever see someone so much as touching their door, shopping trolley or bag against another car, rest assured I will not let them off lightly.

The worm who did this to me today is the lowest form of life.

Patrick
    605SVE
    Have you generated some bad karma lately?Is this perhaps not a random act? It seems odd that it has happened twice in as many month.
    Jo

1000+ Posts

Icon8 Ultimate deterent?

Perhaps this is where some enterprising Aussie Frogger can market a proximity screamer, that sounds when anyone comes in contact with your car, also an interior 360 degree camera to record the incident.

Bonus here is that later you can sell the tapes to some whacky TV show as your car screams "get away you cretan, back off, back off - warning warning or whatever or says in a menacing voice "I'm watching you, Gotcha - Gotcha etc"

If the alarm system is also fitted with a wireless alert to you at the same time, you might just get back to your car before the offender leaves suitably red faced......................

Maybe we should think about a suitable alarm/message

UFO

Our Club Librarian, Greg Churm, owns a lovely CX 2500 Prestige. He had an article in the January Chevrons about how it is now nice and COLD because of the refitting of a factory rear aircon head and some remedial work he has done...

Anyway, Greg has done some considerable resto on this car in the past few years including an engine and tranny rebuild last year. Car is looking and going very well, so of course:

He comes back to the car at Engadine shops a few afternoons ago and the car had not been door banged. The side of the right rear panel had been banged in by some cretin. Just below where the tail lights sit. IIRC the lights were not damaged thank goodness.

And of course in truly corteous fashion they left their details etc so that Greg could make an insurance claim.

NOT!

Bastardes!

May a million seagulls crap on their next picnic!
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi
    Have you generated some bad karma lately?Is this perhaps not a random act? It seems odd that it has happened twice in as many month.
    Jo
    Twice in one weekend. Three times in a two weeks. And mind you, the car typically doesn't get used on weekdays.

My previous 605 lived on the street in a small city in Northern Europe. It was spotless. I always folded the mirrors, made sure I parked as close to the kerb as possible, not a scratch. Driving into my street meant collecting BOTH kerbs (either side) and aiming the nose between the bollards - it was so narrow. And the 605 is WIDE. Yet not a scratch

Yet it still didn't escape:
    Residential parking lot (visiting), 2 kids, aged under 3, decided my dark green metallic duco was just right for some art, and proceeded to draw on five panels with stones. The older of the two managed to make faces, the younger failed miserably, and only managed to scratch it rather randomly in an aggressive manner. The car parked next to mine also fell victim. The parents were good to me and in the end I was better off, but they made sure to keep those kids out of my reach! My towbar and a long piece of rope were starting to look very useful indeed.

My Volvo 244 had been attacked twice at Sydney Uni. Yes, a car so desirable that it awakes the urges of jealousy in anyone!

Someone once stole my fuel - the 605 locks its cap, so that won't be happening again.

No, I haven't had a lucky run, and considering I've driven hundreds of thousands of kms in something like 11 countries in everything from snowstorms to thick fog, and have not made a single scratch myself, it's very infuriating.

Patrick
    605SVE

Some friends and I were under pressure to quit a lease in Chester St, Petersham, a few years ago. The landlord was well-connected and ultimately this meant the garbage truck ripped up the side of three "offending" cars on different occasions. Infuriating because the culprit was obvious but so difficult to prove (no witnesses came forward), and no accident; it was far too selective.

Times like that, it's probably a good thing to have restrictive gun laws...

Cheers, Adam.

Addo, you dont need a gun to slash a tyre or 4.
    Names and location changed to protect privecy.
    I heard of a guy with a R12 wagon parked in a slightly skinny spot in a city carpark. when he returned, the dimwhit who drives the mini street sweeper used to clean the forcourt of the parking station had forced the machine next to the R12, and put a 2cm deep groove from end to end, and the owner went to the management to complain about the damage. after being basicly told to bugger off, the person retuned to the spot, checked for cameras,and seeing none, brought out his pocket knife and slashed all 4 of the street sweepers tyres,knowing that this would mean the tool would be inoperative and a mobile tyre fitter would need to be called, costing many hundreds of dollars.The ballence now seemed fairly even and R12 driver drove off and never heared another thing about it.I'm sure the tool who drove the street sweeper heard more about it the next day when the bill for the mobile tyre fitter was presented.
    Jo

When I stayed at the Outrigger at mooloolaba the other weekend, the 306 was parked in their 'secure' car park for the duration of my stay. When I went to check out on the last morning I found that some bastard had hammered a screwdriver into both the drivers and passenger door locks, damaged them so badly the key wont even open the door anymore. If we didn't have remote central locking we would have been stranded. Good news is they didn't gain entry to the car and steal the stereo or the car itself.

/vent

Dave

1000+ Posts

I heard of a gentleman who's Jaguar had been stolen twice from his home. The third time the thief sued him for electrocution.

Personally I wouldn't mind carrying a little generator on board, maintaining a permanent lethal dose of volts whenever the car is locked.

I feel for you!

I had someone damage my passenger side wing mirror... Replacing or repairing parts that some careless, or malicious, stranger damaged is not how I need to spend my hard earned cash, I can think of many other uses for it!

Nick
    You twist and turn like a twist-ey turn-ey thing! - Lord Melchett - Blackadder the 2nd

Thread Information