Shipping from New Zealand.
  • Register
  • Help

Default Shipping from New Zealand.

Hi Guys,

Have some things I need to get shipped from NewZealand to OZ, and was wondering if anyone has had any experience or can recommend a mob.

Items are bulky, (4 wheels) will need pickup from a commercial address in Aukland, and will probably need packing in cardboard.

Time is not a worry, so by sea would be fine.

Thanks,

Advertisement

David.

You're a wheel hoarder! When are you wanting me to send the others down?

Some points to consider: By the each, surface post will likely be the cheapest. If you ship all four together, the parcel size will be outside of postage dimensions so you're intio commercial freight territory. That means you get to pay FEES.

•Fees for the consolidator to pick up
    •Fees for shipping
    •Fees to the agent at the receiving end
    •GST and import duty
    •Fees to deliver to you unless collecting from the agent

It's a bummer; either way you get rorted. Freight agents here have arrangements with agents in other countries so if you nominate a receiving agent they can arrange the rest (which of course, they will happily charge you for).

You'll need to specify: Pick up address/times, parcel size and weight, package construction (eg, crate, swapped, cardboard etc), contents, no hazardous goods within, destination and any other arrangements at this end. Because of contents and origin, should be no concerns about fumigation etc.

Look under "Transport and Forwarding Agents" in the Yellow Pages, either here or using Telecom NZ's link to their commercial directory.

Cheers, Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by addo
    You're a wheel hoarder! When are you wanting me to send the others down?

Some points to consider: By the each, surface post will likely be the cheapest. If you ship all four together, the parcel size will be outside of postage dimensions so you're intio commercial freight territory. That means you get to pay FEES.

•Fees for the consolidator to pick up
    •Fees for shipping
    •Fees to the agent at the receiving end
    •GST and import duty
    •Fees to deliver to you unless collecting from the agent

It's a bummer; either way you get rorted. Freight agents here have arrangements with agents in other countries so if you nominate a receiving agent they can arrange the rest (which of course, they will happily charge you for).

You'll need to specify: Pick up address/times, parcel size and weight, package construction (eg, crate, swapped, cardboard etc), contents, no hazardous goods within, destination and any other arrangements at this end. Because of contents and origin, should be no concerns about fumigation etc.

Look under "Transport and Forwarding Agents" in the Yellow Pages, either here or using Telecom NZ's link to their commercial directory.

Cheers, Adam.

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the info.

Yes I am a wheel hoarder! and a Renault hoarder.

These are 14" Fuego wheels, 3 times as heavy as the Dunlop wheels. I'll have to ask MrRenault what he payed to get his Fuego wheels shipped from NZ recently.

I also found another set of Dunlop wheels in Adelaide. Couldn't resist, so now I have a few spare, and I can use the best ones for special occasions.

Yes, I am ready to receive the remaining wheels you have been storing for me.. Addo, I'll PM you.

Cheers,

David.

Thread Information