Hello to "New Members" thread
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... Last

Icon7 Hello to "New Members" thread

Hello to new members of aussiefrogs!

We have slightly altered our registration process to encourage "guests" to register with us, then make their first post on aussiefrogs.
    There is an invitation to post for the first time if a new member has registered but not yet posted.
    There is also an invitation to post if an existing member has not posted for 2 weeks.
    The link in the message has brought you here to this thread!

Please click the button above or below & tell us a bit about yourself

Cheers from the aussiefrogs community!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by gibgib

We have slightly altered our registration process to encourage "guests" to register with us, then make their first post on aussiefrogs.
    There is an invitation to post for the first time if a new member has registered but not yet posted.
    There is also an invitation to post if an existing member has not posted for 2 weeks.

Please click the reply button below & tell us a bit about yourself

Welcome to all new members. Tell a friend too.

(Gerry....
    Have you been kidnapped by Foxtel??? They have a similar disregard for current members. They give new customers great benifits but shun loyalty. Hmmmph :cheers

....only kidding mate, we have to encourage new people to the fold.
    This is a great site folks, a lot more easy going and friendlier than most car orientated sites too.
    Last edited by HONG KONG PUGGY; 20th January 2006 at 02:58 AM.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Icon7 mr

goodday fellow froggers.i have been visiting AF for several months and mainly reading articles on 504's.if i had the room i would have 3 or 4 of them .i have had 2x404 and 3x504 since 1971 and dont think any thing else measures up. 3 months ago i sold my last 504 and bought a 405 diesel.i suppose it is my first modern car,also my fist diesel and my first front wheel drive so i am taking a while to adjust. unfortunately it has cost me a grand since i bought it which sours the experience somewhat.apart from that money i bought a set of mi16 wheels and wheel nuts of 2 separate members on this forum and appreciated the help and honesty that went with the deals.my other fixations are a 90 kombi which i am turning into a camper and a 1986 bmw r80rt which i dont ride often enough.i live in launceston .hope this finds you all well....regards wayne...or tas504..ps my daughters tell me that i am technologically challenged so this note could end up any where..

Default beemer

Hey Tas504, welcome. I am in Longford so might see you running around. If you ever want to sell the beemer, let me know. I've been looking for a monoshock R80RT for a while now. I'll see you around!
    Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then when you judge them, you're a mile away and you've got thier shoes!

Default welcome, wayne.

welcome TAS504!

nice write-up.
    current frogs :
    '94 s3 alpine 205GTi

daily ding magnet: '98 1.8 16v citroen xsara

previous frogs:

88 S1 205GTi
    '95 306S16

gimme corners. . .

Nice work gib,
    can you also make the following changes so we can 'filter' certain mebers so all members who join are female, younger than 30, single & not taller than me.

kthanksbye

Tadpole

Hello everyone,

i am new here. you have probably already seen a couple of my posts, i am a bit of a "post whore", hopefully i dont annoy anyone. I work for a multi national at the moment, providing level 2/3 technical (IT) support.

about my car,

i just got a 406 ST sedan 2.0 manual
    in green.

i have have changed alot of cars mostly japanese performance and worked for a japanese car import place when i got out of high school. at the moment just wanted somthing reliable, comfortable to get to work so got the .

since i am already a memeber, i agree with purrr-geot regarding the new memeber criteria.
    Venetian Green 406 ST 1996 Manual
    WTB: genuine Fog lights and 16in alloy wheels for the above

nice,

I will also 3rd Asanka's new members criteria
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

Well done Gerry. Power to your forum my friend. - Chris

ps.>

Quote Originally Posted by purrr-geot
    & not taller than me.
    Wow, were gonna be full of 4-foot nothing chicks!!! Come on 'Sanka, Gerry's got more things to worry about then that....
    ... ptui!

I also extend my welcome to all new members
    There is an enormous amount of useful (and not so useful ) information on this site, and it's a good way to waste a few hours of your day
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup
    1989 205 Gti - Sold

"This year, I invested in pumpkins. They've been going up the whole month of October and I got a feeling they're going to peak right around January. Then, bang! That's when I'll cash in." - Homer Simpson

Tadpole

Hi gang,

I've been reading the forums for about 2 months now, mostly checking out info on 205gti's.

I'm driving a big ol '93 Falcon at the moment, and the last year or so has seen me spending alot of time driving around the city. And whilst the big Falcon is comfy and easy to drive, I think it's too comfy and too easy to drive!! Not to mention thirsty.

So, I was looking for something smaller, that'd be a hoot to drive when I'm in the mood, that's not as thirsty as the big Falc, and would put a smile on my face. I found an old Motor mag article on the 205 gti, and it's grown on me.

So here I am. I'm checking out prices and conditions at the moment, prolly not looking to buy for a few months yet. But I think the bug has bitten me bad...

Andrew

Tadpole

have commenced a restoration on a 1967 r10 (round headlight) this was my wifes car and had been registered until december last year but had been parked in our yard and not really used. it has been stripped out and i still have engine gearbox and suspension to remove wish me luck cause it looks like i might need it
    Last edited by r10project; 21st January 2006 at 02:09 PM.

Tadpole

Greetings all,
    my first post of any sort any where.
    Iv'e been visiting Aussiefrogs for a number of years comforted by the knowledge that I'm not the only one afflicted with the disire (or is it a disease) of owning CX citroens.
    At present I'm driving a 85 CX 25 as my everyday car and have a 505 SRi as a backup car.
    I have another CX 25 which I hope to have back on the road later in the year, but that's what I said last year! It seems that the effort to keep one on the road saps the energy for the other projects of which I have too many!

robert

Tadpole

Icon6 opinions?

OK...haven't been here before but I like it. From 1st impressions you guys (gals?) know a great deal about these autos and I will need some help. In short, I have an opportunity to get a 504D from the old man and I want to convert to SVO/WVO. I know little about the car at this time, but I have a question. Did they make any late 70's early 80's 504's with any pump OTHER than the Lucas/Cav type? The reason I ask is I've read that the Lucas/Cav type pump doesn't work well with SVO/WVO. If it breaks can I replace it with a Bosch or similar type and where would I get one? Thanks for the info.

Dirt in NM, USA

G'day everyone,

I would like to you something about myself.

My name is Alex, I live in the pittoresque Netherlands, near the Northsea.
    I am 35 years old , married to Annabel and have a 3 year old son called Sander.

My wive drives a bx "chic" and I drive a Xantia estate 1.9.td.

In the summer we also drive our '63 Ami6.

With this car we went to the 2cv worldmeeting in Scotland.
    After this meeting we made a 2 weeks holiday through the Scottish Highlands, together with 14 other ami's.......

For an impression of our tour décosse : http://www.amivereniging.nl/index.ph...id=40&catid=40

Greetings from all of us

Tadpole

Default Verrrry New Member.

Thanks for the invite to join and to post. There's lots I need to learn and I figure this is the best way to do it. Bought the wife a small town car for Christmas - a racing blue Clio 182 Cup. Now she can do the shopping in style, and I can reclaim my lost youth which looked lost forever when I recently sold my Honda CB750. (I'd had it stored for 21 years and I finally accepted that the long planned restoration was never going to happen). The Clio's a real pocket rocket and a tremendous smile generator for whoever gets to drive it. Unfortunately I saw my first flash of light the other day so I guess the bill's in the mail and there go two points. So easy done! The car's currently in Perth where the wife's staying with the kids for a while, but sometime soon it's planned to bring it up here to the North West where we live and I would imagine it will probably be the only one of its kind. Stumbled across this forum the other night and am mightily impressed. I have already learnt lots about the Clio and hope to learn much more. And as soon as I come to grips with how this whole posting thing works I'll start asking specific questions of all you experts out there. Meanwhile I'm glad to be here and best wishes to everyone on the site.

wtmudd
    Last edited by wtmudd; 22nd January 2006 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wtmudd
    Bought the wife a small town car for Christmas - a racing blue Clio 182 Cup.

You must really love her. If I was a woman and my husband bought me a new racing blue Clio 182 Cup I would probably faint.

Lucky girl!

Tadpole

Icon7

Hello all Renault enthusiasts,
    I have recently purchased a 1964 Renault Caravelle. These were my dream car way back in 1967 when I purchased my first new car - a round headlight R10 in British Racing Green. I really, really wanted a Caravelle at the time but being a scumbag apprentice at the time could not afford it.
    I have owned a succession of Renaults in the intervening years including R4, R5, R10S, R12, 16TS, 20TS & most recently a 72.000km Fuego which was pristine. The Caravelle is a bit of a nostalgia trip for me. It has been put on concessional registration here in WA & will undergo a rolling restoration as time & funds permit.

All the best

Bill C

Tadpole

Default First reply

First reply on the new members thread.
    Still stumbling around the computer, so hope this message gets there!
    Thanks for the option to say G'day. I am up at Lismore on the North Coast of NSW. Projects at present are two CX cars, a 77. 2200 4 speed and a 79. 2400 5 speed. The 77. is registered, and is getting a new water pump tomorrow.... This follows new hoses and a recon. rad. Decided to have a look at the pump at the same time, and it was on its last legs. Also putting in a thermostat which was missing. The 79. has just had all the suspension rams done and the spheres regassed, this proved a good learning curve re Citroen ways of doing things, so confidence is up to undertake other work. The current work is re-building the exhaust system. The car went really well with the rebuilt suspension, and will be quieter when the new exhaust system is back in place. Have a couple of donor cars which have proved really useful. Also run a 87 Saab 900 EMS and a restored 65 HD Holden (family heirloom). Thanks for the site, and will attempt to make some posts on matters CX. Tony C.

Default Hello there

Wow,

What a great site. I googled it up the other night as I have a nasty 405srdt wagon itch that I might have to scratch in the coming months, if I can find one (very scarce up this end of the state), meanwhile I'm just happy to soak up all the info I can on the beast and there appears to be plenty here.

Just between you and me, I've never owned a Euro car before. I can here the ol' man now,"bloody fool, it'll cost a fortune to repair and maintain". Ah well, these things have to be done.

Cheers, Jason - liker of french diesels

Tadpole

Default Hello to All

Hi All,
    I have just joined your group, and hope to find and contribute help for the purpose of keeping our cars out of the clutches of garages.
    I was a member of the defunct Andyspares Citro forum, joined the new one ( which I have lost link to, cos I wiped hard drive and forgot to save Favourites, can anyone help with the link please).
    I have a 2litre,16v Xantia VSX with HD2, also a Xant TD (nearly dead).
    I have had 6 Bx`s, starting out with an 87 1.6 Auto Trs, which was my reason to join.
    I saw Alan S`s post in the forum about Auto cogboxes.
    When I bought mine, it had done 129,000+ miles. I couldn`t road test it, could only check that the was a nudge as each gear went in, manually. It NEVER let me down, used to shift gears a bit with a caravan hanging on the back, never overheated, but used to drink a fair bit of fuel driving around town, even after making my own choke cable conversion. I always thought that if that was how Citro auto boxes run at that mileage, then they were great.
    I am seriously considering getting shot of the VSX Xant before it starts giving trouble---the ordinary Xant is bad enough, but with the Hydractive on it as well, it is a minefield that I would prefer not to cross.
    I live in Wales, drive 44 ton trucks for a living, also a biker, and hate DIY.
    Regards,
    Greg

Tadpole

Default im new.

evening, been modifying now for about 10 years always had pugs except for one incident when i had a vauxhall.

Tadpole

Default im new.

oh and if the picture thing works heres my baby, 309 gti-6
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hello to "New Members" thread-mine-not-yours-hands-off..jpg  

Tadpole

I found your website through a listing on the maybach. Then i find all of these un educated people taking the piss. I am a technician for mercedes-benz and am constantly amazed at the development in the maybachs. Mr maybach and his son would be turning in thier graves to hear this rubbish. Most people don't know what a persons requirements etc are when you've got that sort of cash for some transport.

Oh and by the way. I'm not bias because I drive and love my B'mers and yes I would be in a bently before a maybach. Horses for coarses.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by gibgib

Please click the reply button below & tell us a bit about yourself

G'day froggers, I have been checking this forum out for sometime and finally thought I should post something, atleast. Anyhow I own a '89 205gti and simply can't get enough of it. Have had the pug for 5yrs now and had the head completely ported and polished, unfortunately the engine gave way (corrosion). Currently about to drop a '93 model engine in which should be a nice starting point. Cheers for now.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... Last

Thread Information