Fans Seek Full Time Motorsport Channel
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Icon4 Fans Seek Full Time Motorsport Channel

Hi all,

I hope this is ok to post here, but in response the overall lack, and now as of 2006, Channel 10's decreasing involvement in televised Motor sport in Australia, Australian Motor sport fans have decided to host this petition to insist that FOXTEL/OPTUS/AUSTAR create a dedicated channel for the basic pay TV viewers, televising motor sport 24 hrs a day 7 days a week 365 days a year

Please show your support by signing the Petition bellow, and spread the word to everyone you know, and every forum or club you’re apart of.

http://autosports.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482

Advertisement

Lets get more Motorsport on our TV
    Autosport !!

Hey Autosport - welcome!

You'll find that one of our members has already bought this up in this thread

Motorsport 24/7 365 days a year in Aus'

Thanks for bringing it to our attention though!
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Tadpole

oops... thanks
    Autosport !!

When I recently had Foxtel digital put on, I saw they had Eurosport. I thought "Yes, a dedicated motorsport channel", because when I was in europe last Eurosport only showed sports associated with motorsports. Anything that had wheels or engines was shown....BTCC, DTM, Rallying, Offshore Boat Racing, even Mountain Biking! I couldn't get enough of it!
    But alas, Eurosport here is just a sporting news channel!
    Needless to say, I've signed the petition!
    Cheers Renomad

"Today's mighty oak, is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground"

Current frogs, Dad's R19 & Dad's Scenic.

Past frogs, R12 Wagon X2, R12GL, Fuego X2, R10 X2, R8 X.5!

Good cause, when you see the depth and variety of motor sport here in Australia. There's no doubt there is a market out there for this sort of thing.

Hey Renomad, I just realised there's a channel on Pay TV called "Fuel"

That's gotta be a motorsport channel . . .

I shouldn't be joking about that, bloody well caught me out when it first came on.
    From the Family Guy lounge . . .

BRIAN: Let me get this straight....you're asking if they've ever done an episode of sesame street in which The Count kills somebody....and then drinks their blood for sustanence....

PETER: Yeah

BRIAN:
    No, i dont think they've ever done that

I just signed up as well. It's for a good cause. Hopefully something is done about it.

At the moment you get the odd racing on ESPN or Fox Sports, but no where near enough.

I wish Fuel was actually dedicated to motorsport, but unfortunately it's just a bunch of teenagers breaking their bones competing in extreme sports. Entertaining for a while, but maybe they could change it's genre.
    2005 Aegean Blue 206 GTI 180

The thing I found with ESPN when I had foxtel was that they never really stuck to their program. I'd set a tape to record something - and when I'd go to watch it later it was quite often a baseball/golf/basketball match.

Tis one of the reasons I dont have Foxtel anymore. But a 100% motorsport channel - I'd like to see that!
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!

I was so disappointed when I found out Fuel is a channel for extreme sports. I say Foxtel should get the 'Speed' channel from america but put like other motorsport broadcasts on it as well plus make it an Australian version of the channel like they did with ESPN. I don't like it how the motorsport on Fox Sports is just randomly put on. I always just come across it instead of knowing when it is on. But they do cover a lot of series such as WRC, FIM grand prix, the occasional DTM race and British Touring cars. I think they play just about every NASCAR race which is also good. But one dedicated motorsport channel on FOXTEL would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_Col
    Hey Renomad, I just realised there's a channel on Pay TV called "Fuel"

That's gotta be a motorsport channel . . .

I shouldn't be joking about that, bloody well caught me out when it first came on.
    Yep caught me out too! My kids love it though.....having said that, they called me into the lounge room on Wednesday night and they had the Gumball 3000 on Fuel, but I only caught the last 5 minutes. Some exotics (Lambos, Ferraris, etc) as well as some weird cars racing across europe, how does a stretched Hummer and a Porsche engined Kombi complete with fire out the exhausts sound!
    Cheers Renomad

"Today's mighty oak, is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground"

Current frogs, Dad's R19 & Dad's Scenic.

Past frogs, R12 Wagon X2, R12GL, Fuego X2, R10 X2, R8 X.5!

Yeah thats a pretty good show. But they don't show the exotic cars that much. They keep showing the stretch Hummer the Porsche engined Kommbi, and this Lexus convertible.

itd be awesome to have a dedicated 24/7 motorsport channel on subscription tv, but without the V8 supercars, and the F1 grand prix, it wont happen, here in oz.

these two are the biggest drawcards, and are the biggest advertising earners in motorsport for oz, and both incidently arent licensed to paytv. ch10 has the rights for big motorsport events, but does jack with it. it would be even more fantastic if ch10 made more use of their stock. case in point with the WRC.

but then ask yourself, are the general motorsport community willing to fork out money, on tv, that has always been "free"? some of us are happy to for reasons of more choice and flexibility in general veiwing, but i think most wont.

but good luck!
    current frogs :
    '94 s3 alpine 205GTi

daily ding magnet: '98 1.8 16v citroen xsara

previous frogs:

88 S1 205GTi
    '95 306S16

gimme corners. . .

V8 Supercars is replayed on Foxtel. Seriously though look at half the sports shown on Fox Sports, I bet most of them would get a lower rating than say a broadcast of DTM or BTCC. I know they broadcast these things but they never regularly have them on.
    I for one believe Channel 10 do a pretty good job with Motorsport. Of course they can't show Formula 1 live for some of the races as it would be in the prime time slot. The only series which seems to get hard done by is WRC. It is put on at midday when most people are doing something else.

Quote Originally Posted by pugjet

these two are the biggest drawcards, and are the biggest advertising earners in motorsport for oz, and both incidently arent licensed to paytv. ch10 has the rights for big motorsport events, but does jack with it. it would be even more fantastic if ch10 made more use of their stock. case in point with the WRC.

but then ask yourself, are the general motorsport community willing to fork out money, on tv, that has always been "free"? some of us are happy to for reasons of more choice and flexibility in general veiwing, but i think most wont.
    One thing I'd love to see with the advent of digital FTA TV is for ten to use their ability to broadcast the motorsport live on one of their other channels that they currently do jack with. Now i'm not sure if this is a legaslative requirement or not but hell i'd be out tomorrow buying a Digital STB if they showed F1's live on one of their other channels!

Tadpole

Just a little BUMP...
    Autosport !!

wow, they are only up to 1221 signatures.

I thought it was rising very quickly a few weeks ago, seems to have died off.
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

Tadpole

only because it needs exposure... if people don't know about it, they can't sign it... hence why the word needs to be spread...

I believe there is a couple of Magazines that will be posting the link, and something other things being worked on, but we need the fans to spread the word if we want something to happen.
    Autosport !!

yeah I have signed it, and put the website on other car forums. But it was already on most of them.
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

I signed it a couple of weeks ago
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup
    1989 205 Gti - Sold

"This year, I invested in pumpkins. They've been going up the whole month of October and I got a feeling they're going to peak right around January. Then, bang! That's when I'll cash in." - Homer Simpson

Thread Information