Powerchip for Laguna V6
  • Register
  • Help

Default Powerchip for Laguna V6

Hi fellow frogers,
    Just wondering if anyone have some comments on instalation of Powerchip98.
    The company is claiming to increase the power from 123 kW to 141kW, and torque from 235 to 267. The chip cost approx. $700. My car is Laguna V6 S1.
    I didn't see any posts about that on the Forums.
    Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks Greg

Advertisement

From dyno tests on various other chips on other naturally aspirated cars, it is extremely unlikely that you would gain that much. Mostly they put a few more degrees of advance in, and some extra fuel, and say you must run on 98 octane fuel. On turbo cars there can be some gains, mostly through raising the boost limit and adjusting the wastegate.

If you really must have the chip, I would suggest having the chip fitted by the company at a neutral dyno and see what gains, if any are made, on the proviso that there is no money unless the advertised gains are proved. I doubt they will come to the party.

$700 is a lot for a chip.
    '56 Renault 750 (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    02 and 03 Renault Clios 1.4L
    '13 Renault Megane RS265 Trophee +

Quote Originally Posted by alan moore
    If you really must have the chip, I would suggest having the chip fitted by the company at a neutral dyno and see what gains, if any are made, on the proviso that there is no money unless the advertised gains are proved. I doubt they will come to the party.

$700 is a lot for a chip.
    Excellent advice Alan! If powerchip are legit, they'll back their claims up with a refund policy.
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Thanks Alan for your advise,I will follow that and see what they have to say.

Cheers Greg

I had a series 1 405 automatic a couple of years ago & as you may know they are not noted for being quick! I had it fitted with a Powerchip Gold 98 chip & was impressed with the improvement. It had noticeably quicker mid range performance. I followed their directions & always used 98 RON fuel. They claimed that the chip increased power from 80 Kw to 90 Kw & it did feel like it.
    John505

Thread Information