Reminder - Top Gear tonight!
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

Default Reminder - Top Gear tonight!

7:30pm SBS

Still great to watch this on free-to-air.

Features tonight are the ferrari enzo, ford focus, geri halliwell and a few other things.

Advertisement
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

Icon6

Thanks for the reminder - did not work for me...........Turned the TV on around 810pm.

WHO IS THE "STIG" Is it a F1 Driver??

UFO

Do what I have (tragically) done. Set your calendar on your phone to remind you at about 7pm every Monday.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

oh snap... i forgot. but i think i might of seen that episode already...
    2013 Megane RS 265 Trophy

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by UFO
    Do what I have (tragically) done. Set your calendar on your phone to remind you at about 7pm every Monday.
    Am on the way now down the Clyde Mtn pass ( ) to give you a big hug! Thx! Diary is now SET!

Quote Originally Posted by Mi16 Man
    Just answered my own question......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/essex/features/...leb/stig.shtml

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by UFO
    Nah .. PVR takes care of it for me, at home or away

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

1000+ Posts

I watched it for the first time on SBS. What really shocked me was the fantastic picture quality. Our TV is not even HDTV, but it was sensational. Especially when compared to the downloaded stuff.

Thats a great episode that one too. Compairson of "Thatcher" era supercars versus those under the reign of Tony Blaire.

1000+ Posts

The subject of intense debate.

UFO

Am on the way now down the Clyde Mtn pass ( ) to give you a big hug! Thx! Diary is now SET!
    It'll be fine. Gratitude is plenty...
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Gotta love this Show. Even my wife watches when normally car stuff makes her go glassy eyed. Great humour, great information and they do it all without taking themselves at all seriously. More pwer to SBS for putting on another show that justifies the effort of pushing the on button on the TV.
    Dom
    Xantia SX 1997
    Toyota Spacia 2000

Hey,

How bloody fast was the Jag vs the Zonda. The Zonda is not what you'd exactly call a slow car but the Jag flew off the line, unreal. I knew that it had lapped the Nurburgring in something like 7:40min or around that but far out!

Still take the Zonda though, nothing comes close to the theatrics of that thing!

Cheers

Alex
    Now: No Frogs at the moment
    Before:1980 504 GL, 1990 405 Mi16
    Dream Car: TVR Sagaris, in Iced Titanium thank you!

Just answered my own question......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/essex/features/...leb/stig.shtml
    He was the old "black stig" the new "white stig" is the subject of much debate. Check out the forums on www.finalgear.com and search for the stig threads
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Quote Originally Posted by dom19
    Great humour, great information and they do it all without taking themselves at all seriously.
    Dom
    Great humour? or nasty bully. Just shows the effect high ratings have on the audience, all grinning and primed to laugh knowing their mates and family will see them on the show, the hosts fascination with their body size (ego overload) and determination with promotion of the local products, patriotic music, the fact it is so blatant and of course if a vehicle out performs the Brit product it is either ghey or for those with a small member (week after week?).
    The quality of the free to air broadcast puts the pay TV to shame, not to mention no adverts.
    The celebs knowing itís a big plug for them to appear will laugh at everything said, they know the game, Gerri Halliwell Ė tragic driving record admitted danger to other road users and pedestrians, what an example.
    Last night the audience asked to vote the category for the aussie Monaro, and on que the crowd Ė Awful" in unison slight pause and the compare puts it in the cool group anyway, what gives.
    Now too scared to wind the Irish and unlawful to do the blacks leaves the aussies one of the few (USA) to take a swipe at, yes its hilarious"week after weak.
    Cheers- GavinS 25 GTX 1987 build 2165cc auto - TBR. Renault is properly pronounced "Rhen-oh."
    .......................................Nissan Skyline (daily driver)
    Seek the blindspot and unknown of The Johari Window.

Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

Quote Originally Posted by GavinS
    Great humour? or nasty bully. Just shows the effect high ratings have on the audience, all grinning and primed to laugh knowing their mates and family will see them on the show, the hosts fascination with their body size (ego overload) and determination with promotion of the local products, patriotic music, the fact it is so blatant and of course if a vehicle out performs the Brit product it is either ghey or for those with a small member (week after week?).
    The quality of the free to air broadcast puts the pay TV to shame, not to mention no adverts.
    The celebs knowing itís a big plug for them to appear will laugh at everything said, they know the game, Gerri Halliwell Ė tragic driving record admitted danger to other road users and pedestrians, what an example.
    Last night the audience asked to vote the category for the aussie Monaro, and on que the crowd Ė Awful" in unison slight pause and the compare puts it in the cool group anyway, what gives.
    Now too scared to wind the Irish and unlawful to do the blacks leaves the aussies one of the few (USA) to take a swipe at, yes its hilarious"week after weak.

I take it you don't like the show?

Geri was a rubbish guest, no question, but some of the more car-fanatical guests are more entertaining (eg; Jay Kay). Still, I would like to shake the hand of the SBS program director; they deserve a freakin medal man.

There is an episode later on in this series that is just the best episode they ever made; ferrari vs public transport, Mitsi Evo 7 vs Bobsleigh, modern vs older race cars and the stig gets to drive the Renault F1 around the track.
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Free
    I take it you don't like the show?
    I watch the show Stonefree and enjoy parts of it; I highlighted the humour comment of Dom19 and my take on that with examples. Have watched Top Gear for years and with the mullet as one of the constant compares for most of that time a few themes become obvious, his determination to be the top dog on the show and lack of generosity to co-hosts, unless of course put downs are the hight of humour. Watched the series where he travelled to Europe to piss take and abuse most he met while remaining in the car most of the time. Then there was the USA, que the standard jokes about suspension, style, size and use of technology before automobiles got a mention. That it rates well in the home market says a lot about the view held of the outside world. On his visit to Ostrailia the locals failed to treat him with deference he felt he was due as a celeb, unforgivable it seems. Windbag.
    Cheers- GavinS 25 GTX 1987 build 2165cc auto - TBR. Renault is properly pronounced "Rhen-oh."
    .......................................Nissan Skyline (daily driver)
    Seek the blindspot and unknown of The Johari Window.

..... bump.... another friendly reminder....

tonight

sbs

"Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

UFO

Another excellent show tonight. I love the way these guys just don't take it too seriously. My one crit tonight is that the Morgan was classed as uncool just because the headlights look "cross eyed".

That comparo with the Lancer EVO8 and the Lambo was amazing too.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Yep, I enjoyed tonight's show, and last week's episode where they were all given 1500 pounds to buy a Porsche was very entertaining also
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup
    1989 205 Gti - Sold

"This year, I invested in pumpkins. They've been going up the whole month of October and I got a feeling they're going to peak right around January. Then, bang! That's when I'll cash in." - Homer Simpson

1000+ Posts

I haven't had the opportunity to watch the show since my BA flight to Bangkok. Saw a couple of episodes when I was over in Europe. Priceless journalism!

Anyone burning DVDs I could borrow at the end of the season? Could organise a "big sit" with a projector for those of us who have work or other commitments on Monday nights.

Patrick
    605SVE

al

Quote Originally Posted by SamR
    Yep, I enjoyed tonight's show, and last week's episode where they were all given 1500 pounds to buy a Porsche was very entertaining also
    The one in a later episode with the 1500 pound coupe challenge is brilliant... I was loving the XJS lasting a lap before blowing up. (and still managing to win overall)
    405 Mi16 - Sold - Now back
    205 Mi16
    505 GTi

Quote Originally Posted by al
    The one in a later episode with the 1500 pound coupe challenge is brilliant... I was loving the XJS lasting a lap before blowing up. (and still managing to win overall)

That was a hilarious episode
    1977-1982
    Gli Anni Delle Febbre
    Gilles Villeneuve #27

2005 Peugeot 206 GTi180

moosey

I thought that last night's ep was a bit flat, IMHO.

Tadpole

do anyone know what episode is the 180 on?

Quote Originally Posted by moosey
    I thought that last night's ep was a bit flat, IMHO.
    Me too.
    '96 306 xtdt
    '83 505 SRDT (440,000kms) - "Gertrude"
    '79 504 GLD (?x100,000 + 59,349kms) "Guinea Pug"

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread Information