two lines...
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: two lines...

Default two lines...

G'day.

Advertisement

Just wondering what some of your thoughts would be on a visual upgrade I have been offered for free. I am considering doing it, but thought I better confront the frogs first.

A well known dude who has won best design at auto salon, (you know the place with the ricy car's in it... shhh) has offered me professional white racing stripes down my agean blue 180. They are stickers, but it is a professional job. I am thinking something similar to the mini cooper S stripes but maybe a tiny bit thinner and a larger gap in between...

Just putting this forward to see what the general comment is. I'd like to give my car this sporty touch, yet I am still far from deciding. So please help!!

P.S. oh... anyone kind enough to use some of their photoshop skills to show all what the end result would be close too, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the comments.. be honest

why would you want skid marks on your car ???
    Jason

206 GTI MY01.5 Oversteer Edition

Myth Buster Logic : red cars go faster !!
    Red Car Bling factor :

come on.. I'm serious here... I'm thinking te general thought wuld be to stay away from this look. But I could be wrong?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by rustymunga
    come on.. I'm serious here... I'm thinking te general thought wuld be to stay away from this look. But I could be wrong?
    Yeah, it'd look sik mate.

And just think of how hot it'll look on those speed camera photos...

Why not? My first car was a 1951 Rover 75, and I had triple stripes on that similar to 1970 Monaro. So to me a clio sport with stripes is not out of this world at all, go for it Rusty, just make sure the plastic is removable for when you change your mind, I had to repaint the car, with Dulux gloss & a brush.
    And don't worry about all the old fusty farts on this forum, they're just jealous.
    Cheers
    Mike
    Armageddon was yesterday
    Today we have a problem

2000 406 Hdi X 3
    2003 307 Hdi

XTC

Need help ... got a hi res picture of your car from a front 3/4 view ... not hard to do in PS, some Clios have it, if it you like it why not?

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Ren25
    And don't worry about all the old fusty farts on this forum, they're just jealous.
    Car yes...Stripes no

A well known dude who has won best design at auto salon, (you know the place with the ricy car's in it... shhh) has offered me professional white racing stripes down my agean blue 180.
    "Its just stripes stuck on down the side". Yes, that's how it starts, then before you know you start on a slippery slope, until your car looks like this;

Taste and discrection need to be your watchwords. Don't become another statistic!

whitegoshawk
    "You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles... Radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." - Albert Einstein

Xantia Activa CT - Chock full of upsy-downsy goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by whitegoshawk
    "Its just stripes stuck on down the side". Yes, that's how it starts, then before you know you start on a slippery slope, until your car looks like this;

Taste and discrection need to be your watchwords. Don't become another statistic!

whitegoshawk

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What's the quickest way to become a millionaire? Borrow fivers off everyone you meet."
    - Richard Branson

"He who allows himself to be insulted, deserves to be."
    - Pierre Corneille
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2005 307 Sport

Love the colour dont know about the bonnet.

If you like the racing stripes on your car do it. Who cares what other people think, its your car to do with as you please. Even silly things.

Don't know how they'd look with the cars shape but Ive been wrong before. I would definately want to make sure they could be removed with the least amount of damage though.

nlq206
    2001 Platinum Silver 206Gti
    2005 Aegean Blue 206Gti180

Colour choice is most important; you wouldn't want them clashing with the noddy dog or the dice on the rear view mirror.
    Word of advice; if you get it done, think it might be an idea to steer away from Cronulla on weekends at present in case you get mistaken for someone else.
    Makin' yourself 'Copper Bait' again Rusty!!

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Tadpole

Default Fusty old farts

When this "Fusty old Fart" was a young un , speed or racing stripes were the in thing! but no not on a Pug . Things haven't changed, they attracted attention then as they will now.
    Jim-T

rusty your an idiot, seriously asking that sort of question to a bunch of 50 year olds who drive 504's n stuff, i think you know what the answer is going to be.

I wouldnt do it, but then again its not my car, its yours, do what you want to do with it.

On a seperate issue im all for giving people shit on internet forums actually i love it, but to a point, i think people are just ganging up on rusty & i think he is due some respect well a little bit anyway, remember guys the kid is 12 years old & cant control his excitement give him time he will change.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ren25
    So to me a clio sport with stripes is not out of this world at all
    Cheers
    Mike
    The Clio's had stripes to celebrate the anniversary of the Gordini's, so there was reason behind it.

Ummm i wouldnt go for it, i think it'd look tacky on a 206 Pug.

as stupid as it sounds, why not just mock them up to see how it looks?
    i.e. even just throw a toilet roll over the car to see what the stripe would do to the lines (just make sure its quality paper thou!)
    (a toilet roll was the only thing of the right size i could think of, no insult intended)

Quote Originally Posted by nate
    The Clio's had stripes to celebrate the anniversary of the Gordini's, so there was reason behind it.

Ummm i wouldnt go for it, i think it'd look tacky on a 206 Pug.

as stupid as it sounds, why not just mock them up to see how it looks?
    i.e. even just throw a toilet roll over the car to see what the stripe would do to the lines (just make sure its quality paper thou!)
    (a toilet roll was the only thing of the right size i could think of, no insult intended)
    Oh, that's right it's a Poogo, not a Clio, in all my excitment I'd forgotton
    Armageddon was yesterday
    Today we have a problem

2000 406 Hdi X 3
    2003 307 Hdi

Whatcha really need is two hand towel rolls, give you a nice 9 inch stipe and inch either side of the centre line, will look wicked Rusty.

I'd say go for it.

I was gonna do this to my Trak Yellow 504 to hide some of the trac yellow, but my mum said it would attract attention to the car, like the colour doesn't attract attention anyway!

Thanks to who ever it was speaking out for us 50 year olds, 'cause we are of an age where we would know nothing about racing stripes on cars.

ed ge

G'day.

Just wondering what some of your thoughts would be on a visual upgrade I have been offered for free. I am considering doing it, but thought I better confront the frogs first.

A well known dude who has won best design at auto salon, (you know the place with the ricy car's in it... shhh) has offered me professional white racing stripes down my agean blue 180. They are stickers, but it is a professional job. I am thinking something similar to the mini cooper S stripes but maybe a tiny bit thinner and a larger gap in between...

Just putting this forward to see what the general comment is. I'd like to give my car this sporty touch, yet I am still far from deciding. So please help!!

P.S. oh... anyone kind enough to use some of their photoshop skills to show all what the end result would be close too, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the comments.. be honest
    Hey Rusty,
    Not sure what effect you are after, but if you use something similar to what is on say a Mini, won't people be lead to confuse your Pug with a mini? I am only speaking from this view because there is a business vehicle I have seen here in Brisbane, I think it's a Suzuki and it has a couple of stripes for effect and everytime I see it I think that it looks very much like a Clio Cup.
    I'd go individual if I were you, something of your design mainly. I woldn't go too wild but that's just me. I have one piece of advice though, don't go down the road of using turbo scoops etc on a car that isn't blown!! Only true ricers do that and it's stupid to say the least....why put on a scoop that says turbo when the car can't back the claim. Good luck with the project.....remember not too wild

Might mention I am not a big fan of stripes, an uncles of mine used to race way back in the 60's and once told me the stripes menat 'NOVICE' on the track, less than a years lisence...one to be watched
    Last edited by HONG KONG PUGGY; 16th December 2005 at 11:03 AM.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Not sure the stripes would suit the more curvaceous lines of a 206. Plus the 180 is clearly faster looking than other 206's.

Ren 25; the first car I *rode* in (in a basinette in1962) was a 1956 Rover 90. Sadly went away in 1975. Must say it never occurred to me to suggest dad put ricing (sic) stripes on it, but each to their own .
    John

2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue
    2008 BMW 325i M-sport steptronic sedan - Alpineweiss
    2010 BMW 320d Touring Innovations - Space Grey

I think it would make you a little more noticeable.
    Go quickly stripes look good on some cars -like GT40s and Big Petes Mustang and R8 Gordinis so you would have to try the "toilet rolls " or similar to get the picture.

"Might mention I am not a big fan of stripes, an uncles of mine used to race way back in the 60's and once told me the stripes menat 'NOVICE' on the track, less than a years lisence...one to be watched"

These were 3 horizontal stripes on rear of race cars-usually in masking tape for rookie drivers. They were about 9-10" long and an inch apart.

1972 VW Kombi

In business, words are words; explanations are explanations, promises are promises, but only performance is reality.
    Harold Ganeen.

Rusty, I think on an aegean blue gti180, it would actually look ok. But the problem is, it would look similar to a gordini clio sport cup..just not as fast
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Weird. I actually did get quite a few serious answers here... thanks guys!

I like the idea of the toilet role. I might try it. I also like HKP's idea that I do my own design. I was thinking one stripe down the left side of the car... Always that would be cool, not going crazy but not too subtle.

HKP, as for turbo scoops and rice effects, dude, I really am into subtle looks. Not crazy ricy looks. As far as I would go as in terms of rice would be to get some nice 17' racing rims, to give the car a little different effect.

The only things I want to doo, are lower the car to the best performance position, I am definitely not going to go ahead and lower it if it will effect performance in a bad way... Tint the windows.

I may get stripe/s, that's what I'm here to ask about...

Anyone keen to Photoshop... I would bloody love it if someone could edit my car to look as if it had stripe/s...

Cheers felles,

Quote Originally Posted by whitegoshawk

whitegoshawk
    OH MY GOD!!!

DID ANY OF YOU GUYS HERE ME COMPLAIN ABOUT A DONE UP 206 IN THE SPOTTED IN NSW THREAD!!! THIS IS THE ONE... HE LIVES NEAR ME IN CHATTY!!!!

arrggghhh I hate seeing it... tooo ugly. It has all this weird writing all over it... yucky poo.

arrggghhh I hate seeing it... tooo ugly. It has all this weird writing all over it... yucky poo.
    And he couldn't even be bothered to get the 206 logo on the bonnet done in the correct 'Lion' font.

In your case Oscar, it is your car do whatever takes your fancy. I've seen some non-Gordini Clios with stripes and they look good. A lot of Suzuki Swifts (the new ones) have them and they don't look bad - must be a dealer option I guess. And if you don't like them you can always pull them off.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

OH MY GOD!!!

DID ANY OF YOU GUYS HERE ME COMPLAIN ABOUT A DONE UP 206 IN THE SPOTTED IN NSW THREAD!!! THIS IS THE ONE... HE LIVES NEAR ME IN CHATTY!!!!

Wait!!! it gets better, its a XR Auto!!! - Chris

ps, oscar for stripes, Ducati does em from factory,. They of-set it to the passangers side. It starts with a thin stripe, small gap, Thick stripe (about 4 times thicker that the thin), small gap & then thin stripe. I would recommend a grey/silver colour.
    ... ptui!

Fellow Frogger!

Go for it man!

I know white would be the first colour in mind but I am guessign that you would have options. Go for it rusty, but like the fellas said here, it will more than likely make it cop bait. And unliek stickers where you only get a 2 HP increase/sticker here you should get 20 HP!

Sik Bro!
    Bad_Karma

"The great philisopher Bashra once said... A flute without holes is not a flute, a donut without a hole is a danish" Ty Webb, Pro Golfer, CaddyShack

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information