Storm Damage
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Storm Damage

Default Storm Damage

Hope you "othersiders" did not suffer any damage in storms. Lokked pretty bad on reports.

Advertisement
    1986 Renault Fuego GTX
    1972 Mercedes Benz 280E
    1988 Nissan Trakka Campervan
    1972 VW Kombi

In business, words are words; explanations are explanations, promises are promises, but only performance is reality.
    Harold Ganeen.

Yes, a "Boom Crash Opera" as they say, storm cells stretched from Sunshine Coast in QLD thru NSW to Nth VIC, moving from west to east. I work in the aviation industry, we lost two radar surveillance systems to lightning strikes, one at Coolongatta and one in the Blue Mountains... Four people lost their lives in country NSW.

Thanks for your concern. ATM when its not storming it's raining or showering or generally just being wet.

For November we had 155mm (or about) of rain. Last night we had 22mm , a week or two dryness and sunshine would be good.

If you want to send a couple of buckets over I could save some for you.

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila. - Mitch Radcliffe

I work on the army bases near Wodonga as a contractor for the DoD; East Bandiana was a bloody mess Friday afternoon! A huge number of trees down, roofs torn off buildings, everything not nailed down blown away or destroyed I've never seen anything like it. From what I've seen, it looks like a band of wind about a mile wide swept down through Albury, around Huon Hill and through the base on its way to Yackandandah. Very destructive!
    Ben.
    _ _________________ _
    A very fun 1997 manual 406 ST
    A lovely 2006 407 HDi Executive

I saw a silver C5 on the news that had a large branch fall on to it in Canberra I think. Anyone from here?
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup
    1989 205 Gti - Sold

"This year, I invested in pumpkins. They've been going up the whole month of October and I got a feeling they're going to peak right around January. Then, bang! That's when I'll cash in." - Homer Simpson

Hi,

That storm was bloody intense. Was standing on my back porch watching it go over head. It was weird, completely still, nice and warm, then BOOM, the wind came from nowhere, from 0 to 100km/h in the blink of an eye. Lost a couple of branches in my street but mothing to severe. Curtin though, which is about 3km from my place got plastered. That poor guy was gardening, then the wind came from nowhere, a gum tree fell on him pinning him. He wouldn't have even known it came that quickly.

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

we go from bloody hot to peeing down rain and big wind

i was watching the storm the other day go right around us and hit eugowra again and listening to the radio hearing that condo was hit pretty bad and a plane came down

the next thing after watching the storm flank the town the wind came up and near blew me of my feet and down she came

luckily we didn't get the hail that i saw go past us

the weekend before i was in bathurst and copped a good storm there plus hail

big start to the storm season and the farmers aren't at all happy
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by pugrambo

big start to the storm season and the farmers aren't at all happy
    We'll all be rooned said Hanrahan!
    Before the year is out.

Usual story for the farmers eh. Never rains it bludy pours.

Saw the C5 on the news too.

Reading the paper today and it said that we are in for a warm wet summer. Wonder if any of it will "hit the catchment"?
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by UFO
    We'll all be rooned said Hanrahan!
    Before the year is out.

Usual story for the farmers eh. Never rains it bludy pours.

Saw the C5 on the news too.

Reading the paper today and it said that we are in for a warm wet summer. Wonder if any of it will "hit the catchment"?
    Dont care, we've had 100% water storage for the past 2 months
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila. - Mitch Radcliffe

"Dont care, we've had 100% water storage for the past 2 months"

Cool, want to send a few truck loads down to Goulburn. Not matter when it rains, they never seem to get any.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexMi16
    "Dont care, we've had 100% water storage for the past 2 months"

Cool, want to send a few truck loads down to Goulburn. Not matter when it rains, they never seem to get any.
    I wish I could, things are really tragic down there. Maybe the government could look at trucking some water from places that have a good water supply to places that haven't, instead of wasting billions of dollars on desallination plants to supply Sydney siders with bottled water

My original comment was aimed at the media portrayal that Sydney was the the only place to suffer from water shortages.

Sorry, didn't meen to sound like i was having a go at you. But i know what you meen about the media portrail of Sydney's water situation. Their at half storage and the government is happy to spend a couple of billion dollars, but other places are in a far worse situation and they have to fight to get help. The money goes where the voters are i guess, but the water shortage is only going to get worse as time goes on, no matter where you are.

Cheers

Alex

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

for the first summer in 5 years we have this green stuff growing that i have to chop down with a machine called a lawn mower

i'm not holding my breath though as i'm sure the weekly dust storms will be back again in the not too distant future

but on the good side, dry weather = rust free cars

the local council has relaxed the water restrictions one level out here now
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

Thread Information