Movies with french cars in them
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Movies with french cars in them

Default Movies with french cars in them

Guys, can you recomend any good action or thriller movies with good car chases in them, preferably with french cars or set in europe.

Of course there are Ronin, original Italian Job, Bourne Identity and I beleive French Connection 2, and also i saw few good french action movies but i can't remember their names now.

There is nothing better then watching car chase sequences in those small european/french streets.

Advertisement

Don't forget the ever important Taxi movies.

nlq206
    2001 Platinum Silver 206Gti
    2005 Aegean Blue 206Gti180

The Day of the Jackal (whoops no car Chase but lots of old frogs)
    Armageddon was yesterday
    Today we have a problem

2000 406 Hdi X 3
    2003 307 Hdi

Diva. A 504 chased by some sort of old Citroen crapper.
    Good film.
    "Now my dream lies shattered like the shards of a broken dream"

1000+ Posts

Maximum Risk. A great chase between an R25 and a fruit 3-wheeler (the R25 doing the chasing down flights of stairs) near the start. Also some Safranes and the usual array of French vehicles that you are likely to encounter in Paris. Half the movie is set in New York, so you'll have to hit fast forward for a bit.

Patrick
    605SVE

Louis de Funes' Gendarme movee series (there's six)
    The crazy nun in her 2CV are cool scenes

In Australia: 05 206 GTi 180 and '97 406 v6
    In Lebanon: 09 C3 Exclusive

All in Silver

Previously '01 206 GTi

Im 26 but i do remember watching Genderme series when i was little. Fun movies, esp the one when aliens come .

So far Ronin is my favourite, chases in Paris and in Southern France are the best car chases I've seen.
    Last edited by Pavle; 26th November 2005 at 08:13 PM.

In For Your Eyes Only, two 504s pursue Bond right after Melina kills Hector Gonzales. What idiots you would think! But Bond was in a 2cv , but the 504s probably body rolled into a wall or somthing.
    2006 Peugeot 206 Xt
    1991 Toyota mx83 grande 1jzgte

Paris is burning - plenty of tractions with partisans shooting and blowing things up...lots of action!
    Blood Orange 2006 Renault Megane Sport Cup
    Silver 1989 Peugeot 405 Mi16
    Green 1973 Alfa Romeo 105 GTV 2000

Default Movies..

Quote Originally Posted by nlq206
    Don't forget the ever important Taxi movies.

nlq206
    I will gladly forget the "Taxi" movies, you mean there where more than one?
    I gave this movie 5 minutes of my valuable time. I'm afraid it's one for 'mungas mates.

For my money, Ronin.

The Transporter has a car chase at the begining of the movie with a bmw and lots of pug cop cars, 307s and a 607 i think, ive only seen the first few mins so i dont know if the movie is any good.

No mad chases but Brigitte Bardot driving down a windy road in a Simca Oceane

And God Created Women

Showing my age!!!!
    1986 Renault Fuego GTX
    1972 Mercedes Benz 280E
    1988 Nissan Trakka Campervan
    1972 VW Kombi

In business, words are words; explanations are explanations, promises are promises, but only performance is reality.
    Harold Ganeen.

"Never say never again"

Last edited by evorobin; 27th November 2005 at 01:22 AM.

I can recall 3 very memorable French films that feature a lot of beautiful French cars. The first is "The Samurai". This is about a French hitman in Paris in the mid sixties. When he practices his trade his chosen vehicle is always a "D" series Citroen which he nicks:- and then he and the "D" prowl through the night to despatch his next victim. The main character is totally amoral and emotionless and the film is somewhat depressing;- but oh do those Citroens look beautiful! The second film would be made in the mid sixties also and if my memory is correct is called "The Lovers". In a nutshell it's about an attractive young woman in a relationship with a very rich but boring business man with a huge country house and who ponces around in a mark 2 Jaguar. She drives one of those delightful small 2 door soft top Peugeots (a 203 convertible?- correct me if I'm wrong). Anyway, one day a handsome young student "putt-putts" into their lives in his lovely early model Ciroen 2CV. One bedroom scene leads to another and he eventually wins over the young women and they literally "putt-putt" off into the sunset in the 2CV. The third (and best) film I'm having trouble recalling the title of;- it might be "24 hours" or "48 hours" or some thing like that. It's made and set in Paris in the late 1950's and is about a stauesque but vacous young women who has recently become a celebrity as a "pop" singer (the songs/music are crap). She has a health scare and has to wait one or two days for test results to find out if her condition is terminal or not. To take her mind off things she basically goes calling on friends and shopping around Paris;- and this is where the cars come in. The streets are packed with all those wonderful 50's and earlier French cars;- but the best bits are quite lengthy sequences when she travels in an early D series Citroen taxi. She is in the back seat and the filming is done from the front seat looking backwards;- and out the rear window is an everchanging panorama of vehicles as they glide around Paris. At one point they are followed for quite a while by a Panhard! All these films were shown on SBS but thay haven't been for some time;- it's about time. If anyone does recall the exact title of the 3rd film please let me know;- I would like to ask SBS if it is likely to be shown again. If you can catch any of these;- happy viewing! Peter

XTC

A View to a Kill - you'd all remember the scene where Roger Moore's Bond is chasing Mayday after she parachutes off the Eiffel Tower. He steals a Renault 11 taxi and systematically destroys it in the ensuing chase as he follows the falling 'chute.
    There is also a Renault Fuego Turbo driven by two female henchwombats. It features most in the leadup to the car wash scene where Patrick Macnee is killed while having the Rolls cleaned.

Not so kind to the Renault - Goldeneye sees another Fuego destroyed during that tank chase and I think another one gets wiped out in the carpark sequence in Tomorrow Never Dies.
    2014 Peugeot 208GTi
    2015 Peugeot 308 Allure Premium Touring
    1982 Alfa Romeo GTV

Previous Frogs: 1999 Peugeot 306 Cabriolet; 1996 Peugeot 406ST, 1991 Peugeot 205Si, 2005 Citroen C2 VTR, 1984 Renault Fuego GTX, 1985 Renault Fuego GTX.

(Previous Bulldogs: 1974 Jaguar XJ6; 1988 Jaguar XJ-S, 1974 Jaguar XJ6, Rover P6 (X6))

...and no-one's mentioned Rendevous!
    Christopher likes this.
    2014 Peugeot 208GTi
    2015 Peugeot 308 Allure Premium Touring
    1982 Alfa Romeo GTV

Previous Frogs: 1999 Peugeot 306 Cabriolet; 1996 Peugeot 406ST, 1991 Peugeot 205Si, 2005 Citroen C2 VTR, 1984 Renault Fuego GTX, 1985 Renault Fuego GTX.

(Previous Bulldogs: 1974 Jaguar XJ6; 1988 Jaguar XJ-S, 1974 Jaguar XJ6, Rover P6 (X6))

Fellow Frogger!

Default No Chase

But a love scene.

"The Shark Net" an Australian three part Mini Series used my Dauphine for the lead actors car. Shown on ABC and available from ABC shops, yes I had to buy one.
    Graelin

edited so as not to offend the innocent
    Last edited by evorobin; 27th November 2005 at 09:54 PM.

The was an old movie and all I could recall was the title and a car chase. I had to look it up on IMDB. It is known in English as The Burglars, 1971, with Jean-Paul Belmondo, and Omar Sharif. I don't recall the cars, but the review says it was thru Athens, and the reviewer said "just get it for the car chase". I remember timing it once and from memory ran 13 mins. The chase that is.

Chris

I remember seeing a French movie on SBS maybe 3 or 4 years ago that had a chase scene with a silver 205 GTi. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the movie
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup
    1989 205 Gti - Sold

"This year, I invested in pumpkins. They've been going up the whole month of October and I got a feeling they're going to peak right around January. Then, bang! That's when I'll cash in." - Homer Simpson

Icon12

Quote Originally Posted by Momentum
    The Transporter has a car chase at the begining of the movie with a bmw and lots of pug cop cars, 307s and a 607 i think, ive only seen the first few mins so i dont know if the movie is any good.
    The transporter is a great movie! something for everyone!...at least...I know I enjoyed it!

Aus
    Aus
    ".....the good health of a pond is held in a delicate balance. A pond's condition
    deteriorates when the bottom environment cannot support animal life.
    The bottom is the area that runs out of oxygen first, it is where the most oxygen is used........"

'84 fuego GTX
    '87 fuego GTX
    '85 fuego GTX
    ....beginning to look a bit frightning isn't it.

The Mechanic, one of those Amero/Franco/Italo co-productions of the 1970's with Charles Bronson and Jan Michael Vincent as a hitman and his protege.
    The main car chase is a Pug 404 chasing a Fiat 130 sedan, the Pug gets blown up nicely.

Danger Diabolik. A funky '60's pop art Franco/Italo co-production. Features John Philip Law as a bored playboy who plots robs money fpor a buzz. The car chase in this movie is between his E-Type, and numerous D series Citroen's, the Jag wins because of the devious method of diveting the chase car. The method of which must have been the inspiration for the 1977 Chrysler Sigma "It's a Sensation" advert.

The Brain. A cool Anglo/French co-production featuring Jean-Paul Belmondo and David Niven. Both of whom, without each others' knowledge, want to rob a train (a'la Great Train Robbery). A nice comedy movie, with the minor car chase featuring a Renault 16 in fire tender livery.

None of these chases are in the league of Ronin or The Italian Job, but they do lend a nice touch to the movies, all of which are not too bad either, in a cool 1960/70's kitch kind of way.

Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

For my money the "Ali G" movie with those hotted up R5s.
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR
    I remember seeing a French movie on SBS maybe 3 or 4 years ago that had a chase scene with a silver 205 GTi. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the movie
    I think you mean the movie "Subway". Has a chase at the start with white or silver 205 Gti.

I think the Taxi movies are great for a laugh & to hear the sound of that 405... wow!

Will
    1990 205Gti
    1976 504 rally car (currently out of action)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last

Thread Information