Now That's A Damn Good Reason For A Recall
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Member Clio Cup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Beacon Hill, NSW
    Posts
    109

    Default Now That's A Damn Good Reason For A Recall

    SUZUKI IGNIS SPORT

    Advertisement


    Defect Details: At certain high speed driving condition, the left hand front driveshaft may detach from the transmission causing a loss of driving force.



    Consumer action: Contact nearest Suzuki dealer.
    WTF..I do think registered owners should be contact...
    01 Renaultsport Clio Cup 3/85 sold 07 Megane Expression 6 speed manual sedan ...beeeautiful sold 08 RenaultSport Clio 197...weehaaa sold
    05 RenaultSport Megane 225 wooshka" sold
    84 Fuego 5speed silver 1 previous elderly owner club car
    84 Renault 5TS 5 door white 3 owners 74 Renault 12 GL Avocado trophy winner
    73 Renault 16TS Automatic club car 64 Renault Caravelle gorgeous

  2. #2
    Fellow Frogger! 307FELINE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    432

    Default

    yeah, id say thats a pretty damn good reason for a recall.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What's the quickest way to become a millionaire? Borrow fivers off everyone you meet."
    - Richard Branson

    "He who allows himself to be insulted, deserves to be."
    - Pierre Corneille
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    2005 307 Sport

  3. #3
    nJm
    nJm is offline
    Guru nJm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,930

    Default

    In the first episode of Top Gear this season the 'celeb in a reasonably priced car' segment saw the Suzuki Liana's front right wheel snapping off while going around a corner on the race track.

    Last edited by nJm; 25th November 2005 at 07:07 PM.
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR


    "All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

  4. #4
    Good Sport danielsydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    4,917

    Default

    left hand front driveshaft may detach from the transmission causing a loss of driving force.
    I need a laugh from that staement. How wonderful. I love it I think Ill now forget about french cars and buy one of these things. (never, not)!!!!!

  5. #5
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    anywhere
    Posts
    1,821

    Default

    I had some friends who had a Toyota Tercel. They lived in rough country and when it was driven too hard it would pop a driveshaft. Got quite good at putting them back in but the boots weren't cheap. Anyway, one morning after a long nightshift, the wife fell asleep on the way home. The car was off the road and well on the way to a large redgum when the ingenious safety device deployed and it came harmlessly to a halt. Toyota selling that car as suitable for off road use proved to me that the Japanese do have a sense of humour.

  6. #6
    Fellow Frogger! Pug4eva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    578

    Default

    Maybe it's one of them cars, DIY kits; you get the car pre-assembled, and you will have to up it on a hoist and tight the bolts etc.

    It could well go advertised as: Because quality matters to you, we left it on you

    In Australia: 05 206 GTi 180 and '97 406 v6
    In Lebanon: 09 C3 Exclusive

    All in Silver

    Previously '01 206 GTi

  7. #7
    1000+ Posts Gamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Picton NSW
    Posts
    1,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pug4eva
    Maybe it's one of them cars, DIY kits; you get the car pre-assembled, and you will have to up it on a hoist and tight the bolts etc.

    It could well go advertised as: Because quality matters to you, we left it on you


    IKEA and Suzuki are doing a marketing deal.

    I can see it now - Flat pack shoping trollies without the truck.
    /// 1986 SII 505 GTI
    2003 T5 307 HDI
    2013 LandRover90
    Sacred cows make the best hamburger mince.
    If you run, you only die tired

  8. #8
    Banned Haakon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    canberra...
    Posts
    8,769

    Default

    My Grans old Civic used to do that. Dad got quite good at reaching down and pushing the shaft back into the transmission, after a call from her muttering "its bloody done it again..". Honda dealer couldnt fix it and said to live with it

  9. #9
    Administrator
    mistareno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clio Cup
    SUZUKI IGNIS SPORT

    Defect Details: At certain high speed driving condition, the left hand front driveshaft may detach from the transmission causing a loss of driving force.
    Not to mention probably tearing the floor/body apart as the driveshaft keeps whipping around at road wheel speed...

  10. #10
    1075.6 SamR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clio Cup
    SUZUKI IGNIS SPORT

    Defect Details: At certain high speed driving condition, the left hand front driveshaft may detach from the transmission causing a loss of driving force.



    Consumer action: Contact nearest Suzuki dealer.
    WTF..I do think registered owners should be contact...
    How do they find these sorts of things out? I'm assuming someone had this happen to them while driving or do they still test cars after they have been released?
    I wonder how they managed to explain the Liana's front wheel breaking off?
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup
    1989 205 Gti - Sold


    "This year, I invested in pumpkins. They've been going up the whole month of October and I got a feeling they're going to peak right around January. Then, bang! That's when I'll cash in." - Homer Simpson

  11. #11
    Fellow Frogger! Pug4eva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    578

    Default

    Bet their fix will be putting a sticker next to the odo:
    "WARNING avoid cornering at speeds greater than 35KM/H, refer to the manual for more information"

    as well as releasing an appendix for the manual that explains that.

    In Australia: 05 206 GTi 180 and '97 406 v6
    In Lebanon: 09 C3 Exclusive

    All in Silver

    Previously '01 206 GTi

  12. #12
    Fellow Frogger! pips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    487

    Default

    It's okay, you only lose "driving force".

    At least you are safe.

    Cheers
    pips
    Ever wonder why Mad Scientist talk to themselves? They know others just wouldn't understand.

    The software said "Windows 98 or better". So I installed Linux.

    1990 405 Mi16

  13. #13
    XTC
    XTC is offline
    VIC: a fine driving state XTC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Location Location Location
    Posts
    8,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clio Cup
    SUZUKI IGNIS SPORT
    Now there's an oxymoron for you ... Sport???? who are they kidding.

    - xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......




    '02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

  14. #14
    1000+ Posts cruiserman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nJm
    In the first episode of Top Gear this season the 'celeb in a reasonably priced car' segment saw the Suzuki Liana's front right wheel snapping off while going around a corner on the race track.


    phuq bet that got the driving position abit squishy and did nothing for the new car smell.
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

    '82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

    '77 CX 2400 Pallas 4spd manual Import

    '76 CX Super

    '05 WL Statesman

    '92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

  15. #15
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sydney, southern suburbs
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XTC
    Now there's an oxymoron for you ... Sport???? who are they kidding.
    - xTc -
    Well they're kidding me (I've bought one), and evo magazine (they rate it as highly as a Citroen C2 GT or VTS) amongst others.

    I know it is a zero-credibility and zero-image choice and they are as ugly as hell. But if you can put your prejudices aside it is a good drive and very good for the money (they're cheap used, because they're ugly as hell). It is basic but fun, and very much like a modern AX (I had an AX in the UK).

    As for the recall, well you don't have to look hard to find plenty of skeletons in every manufacturers cupboard, (http://www.recalls.gov.au/view_recal..._ID_Auto=11897 , http://www.recalls.gov.au/view_recal...ID_Auto=12404).

    Would I rather have a frog? Of course. So why didn't I? The 205 was too old and fragile for what I wanted and was too short on head room. Newer sporty frogs such as RSC and 206 Gti are too expensive new or newish and I've had enough of fixing expensive problems so an older one was out. If they sold the C2 GT or perhaps the VTS (only 'perhaps' because I'm not sure that you can turn off the esp) here I'd have bought one ... but they don't. And it has to be fully manual so the VTR is not an option. What else ? Corsa sri ? can't switch off the TC for a start. Errr ... that's about it.

    I'm sure you will be unconvinced ... but really I don't care. It is fun to drive and there is nothing else available here within $10k of what I paid that's worth thinking about for what I want from a car.
    unfrogged (for now)

  16. #16
    Administrator
    mistareno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 106 Rallye
    Well they're kidding me (I've bought one)
    Don't worry 106 Rallye, the 206 boys are just pissed because an Aussie journo bagged the 206GTi180 and rated the Ignis Sport a more fun car to drive

  17. #17
    Fellow Frogger! Trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XTC
    Now there's an oxymoron for you ... Sport???? who are they kidding.

    - xTc -
    Perhaps its evolved from a friendly colloquial Australian greeting.

    'So, what are you in these days, mate?'

    'A little Suzuki - its and Ignis, sport!'
    John

    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue
    2008 BMW 325i M-sport steptronic sedan - Alpineweiss
    2010 BMW 320d Touring Innovations - Space Grey

  18. #18
    1075.6 SamR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 106 Rallye
    Well they're kidding me (I've bought one), and evo magazine (they rate it as highly as a Citroen C2 GT or VTS) amongst others.

    I know it is a zero-credibility and zero-image choice and they are as ugly as hell. But if you can put your prejudices aside it is a good drive and very good for the money (they're cheap used, because they're ugly as hell). It is basic but fun, and very much like a modern AX (I had an AX in the UK).

    As for the recall, well you don't have to look hard to find plenty of skeletons in every manufacturers cupboard, (http://www.recalls.gov.au/view_recal..._ID_Auto=11897 , http://www.recalls.gov.au/view_recal...ID_Auto=12404).

    Would I rather have a frog? Of course. So why didn't I? The 205 was too old and fragile for what I wanted and was too short on head room. Newer sporty frogs such as RSC and 206 Gti are too expensive new or newish and I've had enough of fixing expensive problems so an older one was out. If they sold the C2 GT or perhaps the VTS (only 'perhaps' because I'm not sure that you can turn off the esp) here I'd have bought one ... but they don't. And it has to be fully manual so the VTR is not an option. What else ? Corsa sri ? can't switch off the TC for a start. Errr ... that's about it.

    I'm sure you will be unconvinced ... but really I don't care. It is fun to drive and there is nothing else available here within $10k of what I paid that's worth thinking about for what I want from a car.
    Congrats on the purchase I've also read that Evo article amongst others. Looks aren't the most important thing in a car for me, handling and feedback are But I'm not sure if I'd go for an Ignis.
    Suzuki have been doing well in the JWRC with the Ignis, but now they're switching to the Swift.
    Have fun driving
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup
    1989 205 Gti - Sold


    "This year, I invested in pumpkins. They've been going up the whole month of October and I got a feeling they're going to peak right around January. Then, bang! That's when I'll cash in." - Homer Simpson

  19. #19
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sydney, southern suburbs
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SamR
    Congrats on the purchase I've also read that Evo article amongst others. Looks aren't the most important thing in a car for me, handling and feedback are But I'm not sure if I'd go for an Ignis.
    Suzuki have been doing well in the JWRC with the Ignis, but now they're switching to the Swift.
    Have fun driving
    Cheers - took me a lot of looking and thinking to get comfortable with the idea. As you can tell I'm still a bit defensive about it too because I'm aware that its looks and image are not great, but I've had it a few months and am happy with it overall. What influenced me most was chatting to a bloke in the UK who'd just swapped his 106 Rallye mkII (it was getting old and unreliable) for an Ignis Sport. I had the same type of 106 and that was my perfect car so we could compare. He was happy with the Ignis and he is definitely someone who knows what he's talking about. We both agree the 106 was the better drive - if we could buy one new today we would - but the Ignis is good and fun and affordable.

    Maybe being older and so less concerned with self-image also helps!!
    unfrogged (for now)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •