Flooded Frogs
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Flooded Frogs

Default Flooded Frogs

Now that hopefully the flood waters have peaked around the region (Central Western NSW), are there any fellow Froggers that were affected from the rain and flooding.

I got some water through my back shed, apart from that got out of it better than some.

How did the others fare?

Advertisement
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila. - Mitch Radcliffe

I am about to call my real estate agent and see if the house I own in Mudgee is fairing ok. I havn't heard yet so i guess it is. I had a new Tennant move in on Monday too!

Actually I doubt mudgee could flood (being high and all)
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by n b j
    I am about to call my real estate agent and see if the house I own in Mudgee is fairing ok. I havn't heard yet so i guess it is. I had a new Tennant move in on Monday too!

Actually I doubt mudgee could flood (being high and all)
    Yah reckon? I lived there when I was a kid and I remember certain parts of town being flooded - strangely enough those bits near the river.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Fellow Frogger!

I opened my door to go to work on Tuesday and had puddles in the footwells on the drivers side. I think the water came in through the sunroof although its never leaked before.
    1991 Peugeot 205 GTi
    1989 Nissan R32 GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by UFO
    Yah reckon? I lived there when I was a kid and I remember certain parts of town being flooded - strangely enough those bits near the river.
    What a coincidence, they're the first parts of town that get flooded here.

I opened my door to go to work on Tuesday and had puddles in the footwells on the drivers side. I think the water came in through the sunroof although its never leaked before.
    My boys were playing in the FIL's Hilux on Monday and left the windows down. The FIL went out Monday night to put the windows up in the ute & only put up the drivers side. Next morning 3 inches of rain in the ute

PS Rambo have you traded the 306 in on a tinny yet? You get a few more miles out of a tinny at the moment.
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila. - Mitch Radcliffe

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MR604
    What a coincidence, they're the first parts of town that get flooded here.

My boys were playing in the FIL's Hilux on Monday and left the windows down. The FIL went out Monday night to put the windows up in the ute & only put up the drivers side. Next morning 3 inches of rain in the ute

PS Rambo have you traded the 306 in on a tinny yet? You get a few more miles out of a tinny at the moment.

everything here was safe but we couldn't go south, east or west as all the roads were blocked

Eugowra was evacuated and the tows people were put up at the showground in town here

the water running down the road here was like a river and was up over the gutters

lightning, wind and torential rain and we got 136mm in one night

from what i heard Narromine received 9" of rain

one delivery that had to made to forbes had to go through the forest to get there as the road at tichborne was under 2+ metres of water which rose in under an hour

we were warned that going through the forest was not advisable as the road was chewed up so forbes was basically out of the question

getting to orange was also out as it was under water 10km's out of town and the road to condo was out as well

dubbo was the only safe passage

sunny day all day today but hot and humid as hell and predictions of more rain to come

bushmans dam went over the spillway and it was sandbagged to try and save the motel there

luckily we don't have a river going through town here otherwise we could have been a lot worse off but it still wasn't fun

if i had to get out of the driveway i just wouldn't have made it due to the amount of water we had running down the street
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

Thread Information