C3 for me
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: C3 for me

Tadpole

Default C3 for me

Have owned my light green C3 for approx. five months now and just love it. The only problem is I can't find a decent place to have it serviced in Sydney. I have only just received the paperwork for the first service which was done two months ago.
    My current problem is the auto-diagnosis light keeps coming on but the computer doesn't show any fault registered. The light was on all Thursday and I have just picked up the car on Monday, after service manager saying nothing is wrong as when it arrived at service centre on the back of a tow truck, the light was not on. He also told be my car had been bulletined!?!? What they took it out the back and shot it?? Apparently Citroen Aust has posted a bulletin to all service centres about a wiring problem and maybe that might be my problem.
    Noooo my problem is that when I ring this service centre nobody rings me back (as promised), they don't send out paperwork on services or warranty work (as promised) and the icing on the cake would have to be the service manager telling me my centre (with emphasis on the word centre) console is normal despite the fact that it is not in the centre of the car but wedged up against the passenger seatbelt clip.
    I could go on but won't. I love my car but Help!!!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by elle60
    Have owned my light green C3 for approx. five months now and just love it. The only problem is I can't find a decent place to have it serviced in Sydney. I have only just received the paperwork for the first service which was done two months ago.
    My current problem is the auto-diagnosis light keeps coming on but the computer doesn't show any fault registered. The light was on all Thursday and I have just picked up the car on Monday, after service manager saying nothing is wrong as when it arrived at service centre on the back of a tow truck, the light was not on. He also told be my car had been bulletined!?!? What they took it out the back and shot it?? Apparently Citroen Aust has posted a bulletin to all service centres about a wiring problem and maybe that might be my problem.
    Noooo my problem is that when I ring this service centre nobody rings me back (as promised), they don't send out paperwork on services or warranty work (as promised) and the icing on the cake would have to be the service manager telling me my centre (with emphasis on the word centre) console is normal despite the fact that it is not in the centre of the car but wedged up against the passenger seatbelt clip.
    I could go on but won't. I love my car but Help!!!
    How about MCCARROLS? at Roseville? They are great

Try www.citroencentre.com.au (Continental Cars)

Top notch service.
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

Expert 2.0L (2009)

Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

Isn't there a dealer at Gosford called Eurotech or something?
    FWIW, my car had been serviced there most of its life (200K klms) and from what I've seen since I've owned it, quality of the work seemed alright (usual dealer shortcuts taken of course) the accounts for work I saw were within the realms of reality and there were not too many fairy stories told uin the course of doing the work.
    I see you show yourself as being at "Hawkesbury" so these guys might be worthy of a look and a bit closer to home. May also be a bit more personal and less "sausage machine" production mentality as seems to often happen in the big smoke.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Quote Originally Posted by Davide Perinet
    How about MCCARROLS? at Roseville? They are great

elle60, where did you buy the car? take it back to your dealer, persist until they fix your problem!
    '10 CitroŽn C4 HDi
    '04 CitroŽn Xsara VTS missed

I have a blue C3 automatic and have had a few issues with it but overall extremly reliable machine. They are all over France. Take it to continentals and get them to look at the issues under warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney
    I have a blue C3 automatic and have had a few issues with it but overall extremly reliable machine. They are all over France. Take it to continentals and get them to look at the issues under warranty.
    Did they eventually put yours through warranty Daniel?

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Did they eventually put yours through warranty Daniel?
    Alan as Naomi robson from "today tonight would say". Coming up the young aussie battler being put through the wringer by a manufacturer due to a warranty claim. And you wont believe it he is still waiting. If you have been put through the wringer on a car deal or warranty claim you can leave your details on our website or just give us a call".

Alan Im still waiting mate.

1000+ Posts

tell em you want your R19 headlight back then

As I've posted before...

Unlike some who have bought cars that have been serviced by the Citroen dealer at Gosford... I have used them... so hopefully that counts for a bit more...(tried three times) as they are handy to me.

Tired to charge me for a "fuel injector service"

Tried to charge me for a "remove, inspect and replace air flow meter"

And charged me to "replace fuel lines" only to replace the front 40odd cm's that you could see and leave the section going down past the engine and into the supply lines unchanged .... it's ok they fitted a coupling...!

And I would never use them again.....

But then again who am I to contradict an oracle.....
    BX TZI Hatch
    BX TRI Hatch
    GS C-Matic

tell em you want your R19 headlight back then
    totally irelevent comment.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney
    totally irelevent comment.
    How so? You give them a headlight and they can't give you a lousy injector?

Business is business, but sheesh, what price goodwill these days?

Thread Information