Gold Coast European Automobiles
  • Register
  • Help

Default Gold Coast European Automobiles

I have just heard that Gold Coast European Automobiles IE Peugeot ,Citroen and Alfa has shut its doors or is in receivership as of 5.00pm today. I have heard this from one of their managers and its not said lightly. Hope no Froggies have deposits on a new car with them and make contact immediatly.
    They owe the company I work for some money as well BUGGER!

Advertisement

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by MARK BIRD
    I have just heard that Gold Coast European Automobiles IE Peugeot ,Citroen and Alfa has shut its doors or is in receivership as of 5.00pm today. I have heard this from one of their managers and its not said lightly. Hope no Froggies have deposits on a new car with them and make contact immediatly.
    They owe the company I work for some money as well BUGGER!
    And we were going to have a lunch stop there in the Ampol Rerun!
    Graham

Were they at the old Grande Motors site?
    Geez, over the years, there's been a few Pug and Cit dealers gone through the Gold Coast that I'm aware of.
    There was Master Motors, Carter & Dart, CJ Motors, the lot that had a car yard at the Highway and the road to Anglers Paradise that I can remember in the past 18 years or so.
    That's a pretty big kill sheet.
    Looks like it's not limited to Froggy dealers either; Alan Powell Ford in Bundaberg shuts up on October 31 and Whittaker Holden in Maryborough and Hervey Bay have disappeared.
    Tarrants has been taken over and (this should cheer Graham up no end) Heckers have sold out in Maryborough.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    Geez, over the years, there's been a few Pug and Cit dealers gone through the Gold Coast that I'm aware of.
    There was Master Motors, Carter & Dart, CJ Motors, the lot that had a car yard at the Highway and the road to Anglers Paradise that I can remember in the past 18 years or so.
    That's a pretty big kill sheet.
    Looks like it's not limited to Froggy dealers either; Alan Powell Ford in Bundaberg shuts up on October 31 and Whittaker Holden in Maryborough and Hervey Bay have disappeared.
    Tarrants has been taken over and (this should cheer Graham up no end) Heckers have sold out in Maryborough.

Alan S
    Let's hope whoever buys Heckers stay a Holden Dealer and keep the original (1948?) Holden Logo out the front.
    The current Peugeot dealer in Southport had taken over from the one that was there when we went through in the 2003 Redex Rerun.
    Geoff Russell, 403 driver extraordinaire from around 1960 is planning to drop in during the Ampol's Southport stopover in 2006, we might have to organise an alternative venue.
    Graham
    Last edited by GRAHAM WALLIS; 21st October 2005 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    Not sure about that.
    They were at 35 Nind Street, on the North side of the street, next to a rough pub.
    Probably that nobody dared to go there anymore.
    They were well known for knowing how to charge.
    They casually told me that replacing spheres cost 2-300 dollars per sphere.
    I went there to buy the garden variety LS 867B oil filter.
    They needed the car's VIN number to know what it was.
    Even though I speak good English, I had troubles getting across.
    Last edited by Clogzz; 21st October 2005 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clogzz
    Not sure about that.
    They were at 35 Nind Street, on the North side of the street, next to a rough pub.
    Probably that nobody dared to go there anymore.
    They were well known for knowing how to charge.
    They casually told me that replacing spheres cost 2-300 dollars per sphere.
    I went there to buy the garden variety LS 867B oil filter.
    They needed the car's VIN number to know what it was.
    Even though I speak good English, I had troubles getting across.
    I seriously wish I had the finances to go out on my own and fill this gap in poor service. Still on the cards just not now! If no one puts their hand up for purchase of the business and it goes to auction I will be up for purchasing their special tools. The Business was owned by the baird group previuosly and in my opinion their ethics and management style leave a lot to be desired and I think the rot started here. They sold it to the current owners only about a year ago so somethiing turned pear shape real quick! Yes Alan it was the old Grand Motors site but had a few million in a upgrade very nice workshop and building. Well I guess old Dave Tranter at Transmec is going to get a lot of work.

Default European Autos

Its confirmed they are in recievers and the doors shut and all employees given immediate notice. Only some administration staff remain

Default European Autos Gold Coast

Its confirmed they are in recievers and the doors shut and all employees given immediate notice. Only some administration staff remain

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Default keep us posted

I seriously wish I had the finances to go out on my own and fill this gap in poor service. Still on the cards just not now! If no one puts their hand up for purchase of the business and it goes to auction I will be up for purchasing their special tools. The Business was owned by the baird group previuosly and in my opinion their ethics and management style leave a lot to be desired and I think the rot started here. They sold it to the current owners only about a year ago so somethiing turned pear shape real quick! Yes Alan it was the old Grand Motors site but had a few million in a upgrade very nice workshop and building. Well I guess old Dave Tranter at Transmec is going to get a lot of work.

Hi Mark can you keep us posted here as soon as you know whether there will be an auction.
    Have you got details of Transmec?
    Also how did u go with the BX at coomera? Martin says he was not able to contact you via email.

Cheers
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

DS23 IE Pallas Automatique
    C5 X7 163 Exclusive
    C3 II 2010

Suppose I won't be taking the Berlingo there again too soon then.
    Their building was quite flash & seemed busy whenever I was there.

For warranty work on new Cits, Brisbanites have Brisbane Citroen, & Classic at Toowoomba only now I believe.

Brisbane Citroen won me over fixing the C2's rear brake squeal problem & also doing exactly as asked regarding sensodrive upgrade & actuator replacement. It's booked in for 30K service this week incidently.

The Business was owned by the baird group previuosly and in my opinion their ethics and management style leave a lot to be desired and I think the rot started here. They sold it to the current owners only about a year ago so somethiing turned pear shape real quick!
    I heard the current owners are/were the sunshine group http://www.sunshinegroup.com.au/ but there is no mention of peugeot on their current site. Note the Daihatsu typo on their website, which wasn't there a year ago: http://web.archive.org/web/20040924025325/http://www.sunshinegroup.com.au/

The reason the business was sold a year ago was they (the previous owners) didn't want to do the Pug Blue Box.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

Quote Originally Posted by gibgib
    For warranty work on new Cits, Brisbanites have Brisbane Citroen, & Classic at Toowoomba only now I believe.
    Or Honeycombes on the sunshine coast:
    http://www.citroen.com.au/cms/default.asp?action=article&ID=6978
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

Quote Originally Posted by kermit
    I heard the current owners are/were the sunshine group http://www.sunshinegroup.com.au/ but there is no mention of peugeot on their current site. Note the Daihatsu typo on their website, which wasn't there a year ago: http://web.archive.org/web/20040924025325/http://www.sunshinegroup.com.au/

The reason the business was sold a year ago was they (the previous owners) didn't want to do the Pug Blue Box.
    I beleive the Company that currently owns it is called the Sholtz Group. Sunshine are Ford, Jag, Volvo

Quote Originally Posted by harrisson_citroen
    Hi Mark can you keep us posted here as soon as you know whether there will be an auction.
    Have you got details of Transmec?
    Also how did u go with the BX at coomera? Martin says he was not able to contact you via email.

Cheers
    Dave Tranter at Transmec can be contacted on 5572 5288. Will let you know about the Auction if it goes ahead but current word is someone is negotiating to purchase the company and kick start it again. Alan S has passed the info on the BX to someone who will give it a good home. I had better get in contact with Martin ( I think I still have his number ) and give him my email and phone number again

Will let you know about the Auction if it goes ahead but current word is someone is negotiating to purchase the company and kick start it again.
    They'll still need to do a Pug Blue Box which won't be cheap.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by kermit
    They'll still need to do a Pug Blue Box which won't be cheap.
    Peugeot Automobiles Australia are keen to continue their presence in the area but don't know any more than we do about what will happen.
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS
    Peugeot Automobiles Australia are keen to continue their presence in the area
    I'm sure they do as it is a big market. But knowing how PAA treats its dealers, you wouldn't start a Pug franchise. Your money would be better served sitting in the bank at 5%. However a Citroen franchise would be a goer.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

Thread Information