Do I have Bad Luck?
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default Do I have Bad Luck?

Man, I cant belive it! Another Not My Fault accident...grrr, and guess whats to blame??

A freakin fool in a Jeep Cherokee.

Short rundown:

Advertisement

Turning onto Reserve RD from the gore hill freeway, dude in the Cherokee, which is level beside me on the outside lane decided that his lane was bad and instantly changed into my lane....into the same space I was occupying!

No Indicator No nuthhin'. BUT LUCKILY that little voice inside my head, a mere split second before he did this told me to lift off the accelerator and cover my brake. As soon as I realised he didnt know i was there, I hit the brakes HARD, wow they worked, but he still clipped my front left corner.

GRRRRR, I toot my horn, flash my lights and indicate to find a spot to pull over. But that would be OK if he was an aware driver.

He just kept driving. AS if he didnt notice the shunt, the tyre screech, or the honking!

Anyway, once pulled over, I wrote down his plate No. and proceeded straight to the ecilops (cheech and chong fans out there!) to report him.

Heres the bit where i feel better. The simple fact that he didnt stop, means that it its now classed as a "Major Incedent" regardless of damage, rather than a minor one which would just involve insurance ect. So regardless of outcome, at least he may learn to be a bit more aware.

Damn Jeep drivers.

rant over. BTW, my car should be OK.

Cheers!

Glad to hear you're okay. I bet that fool has seen many "accidents" over the years.

Andrew
    2003 C3 Exclusive Panoramique auto

So you reported it all to the police...

Confirming it is classed as a major incident, based on the fact that he failed to stop at the scene of the incident. Which means he will be fined also.

Glad there were no injuries (to humans) hopefully the pug will recover as good as new

all your jeep owners are belong to us

Remember there are several good reasons to buy an Urban assault vehicle.

First question they ask themselves:
    Can I drive properly? Answer - No.

Second question: Am I too stupid to ever learn? Answer - Yes

Third question: Will other drivers be able to avoid me? Answer - No

Fourth question: Can I make other drivers get out of my way? Answer - Yes

Final analysis to make decision, based on above. >-

Buy a wank tank and just carry on like the brain has died whilst giving the air of indestructability. This way, not only can they keep acting like a brainless tool, they look like one as well and can constantly ask the robotic question they always seem to ask...."Why is every other driver on the road biased against us wank tankers?"
    Hopefully they'll take the licence off this clown and make him redo a driving test; that would be an interesting exercise.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Could be worse.

You could have been riding a motorcycle in the left lane. Then someone cuts through three lanes of traffic from the far right lane, decides that he wants to take the next intersection that he (we) just basically passed.

T-boned me at 50km/h. Putting me into temporary coma, waking up to find that I've lost everything I own (and I mean everything - Banks don't care what happened to you). That he's fled the country, and the insurance company can't do a thing because it wasn't reported to them in a certain period of time.

Having to change your career and lifestyle forever, while the person at fault is living it up back in his mother (F*#ker) of a country.

And of course, because I was on a motorcycle. In court, I'm the bad guy.

Top that and I'll shout you a beer.

Cheers
    pips
    Ever wonder why Mad Scientist talk to themselves? They know others just wouldn't understand.

The software said "Windows 98 or better". So I installed Linux.

1990 405 Mi16

Quote Originally Posted by pips
    Could be worse.

You could have been riding a motorcycle in the left lane. Then someone cuts through three lanes of traffic from the far right lane, decides that he wants to take the next intersection that he (we) just basically passed.

T-boned me at 50km/h. Putting me into temporary coma, waking up to find that I've lost everything I own (and I mean everything - Banks don't care what happened to you). That he's fled the country, and the insurance company can't do a thing because it wasn't reported to them in a certain period of time.

Having to change your career and lifestyle forever, while the person at fault is living it up back in his mother (F*#ker) of a country.

Cheers
    pips

Mate, absolutely spot on. Stories like yours are the main reason I reported it. If I were a motocyclist, there would be no way I would have stopped enough. And he probably would have still driven away. Dudes like this have got to learn.

The funny thing is, I bet if you were in 'X' country and you hit somebody....you'd likely be in prison or dead before the end of the week. Justice has many interperetations.

In the end, I have a couple of piant marks, a few broken plastic clips on the car, but thankfully, no injuries to others or myself.

Quote Originally Posted by pips
    Could be worse.

Cheers
    pips
    Wow, what a story! Glad you're all ok now though

Tris, glad you're ok buddy. See you on Saturday?
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

Is your hair and system ok? ....joshin.

Good to hear your Ok though T. - Chris

ps-do we need to go sort him out bro?
    ... ptui!

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mmm...CORNERS
    Man, I cant belive it! Another Not My Fault accident...grrr, and guess whats to blame??

A freakin fool in a Jeep Cherokee.

Cheers!
    well i'll be at the motorshow again Sat arvo-nite, so if you come down again i'll give you a big warm hug

Chris, if you need the heavy artillery gimmie a call...

Geez pips, that was frightening to just read. It's just disgusting when insurance companies get you on technicalities like that also. Of course I couldn't report it "in time"..I was in an effing coma! As for the nutter who hit you and drove off, I'm sure Karma the vengeful elephant will catch up with him someday.

Wish you all the best, and some good fortune for the future.
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Quote Originally Posted by CHRI'S16
    Is your hair and system ok? ....joshin.

Good to hear your Ok though T. - Chris

ps-do we need to go sort him out bro?

Mate, dat dude needz sum kung-fu to da hed bra. I'll go all chop sui on his azzzz

either that or we'll tie him to a chair and make him watch the sound of music 15 times over

Quote Originally Posted by nate
    well i'll be at the motorshow again Sat arvo-nite, so if you come down again i'll give you a big warm hug

Chris, if you need the heavy artillery gimmie a call...

hmmm, maybe not in public! Two guys hugging at the Renualt stand, now what would that say obout our beloved french cars....

I've been twice, thats probably enough. I have actually worn an ass groove in the drivers seat of the Megane
    Last edited by mmm...CORNERS; 19th October 2005 at 03:10 PM. Reason: stupid unco foingers dont type so ggosod

I went the Motorshow. I haven't been in years.

I have to say, nothing really stood out. There weren't even any attractive girls this year. Well one maybe... the wife tagged along.

I sat in a 407. I thought my 405 was too small for me. I couldn't fit in a Megane, although the Clio had more room.

I felt as though I was sitting in the back seat of the 407, looking over the bonnet, 50 meters down the hall. And when I turned my head to look back, my visibility wasn't great, same when looking in the rear view mirror. Not to mention I felt even more boxed in.

Maybe it's because I'm a big bloke, but the 405 isn't big either, and I feel as though it has twice as much room...

Sorry for hijacking the thread... all this talk about the motorshow.. I want a new car.

Cheers
    pipsqeek
    Ever wonder why Mad Scientist talk to themselves? They know others just wouldn't understand.

The software said "Windows 98 or better". So I installed Linux.

1990 405 Mi16

...Damn Jeep drivers....

Follow him home next time

Damn 4wds, I say. Good thing no one got hurt and the car isn't too badly damaged.
    I had to take evasive action last year to avoid being t-boned by a Landcruiser that decided to run a red light It's a good thing that I saw early on that it wasn't going to stop and no harm came to anyone.
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup
    1989 205 Gti - Sold

"This year, I invested in pumpkins. They've been going up the whole month of October and I got a feeling they're going to peak right around January. Then, bang! That's when I'll cash in." - Homer Simpson

Wait...

Seriously...

What is it with flucking 4WD's always running red lights?

Is it because the owners are always in a rush?

Is it because the owners are in a rush because the POS is so big it can hardly manuver itself in traffic?

Is it because those ignorant selfish bastards who drive them think that it doesn't matter because if anything happens they will be safe in their tank?

I am serious, everytime I see a blonde woman driving a brand new X5 or huge landcruiser all by herself I cringe and bite my lip.

4WD's PISSSSS ME RIGHT OFFF

Sorry to hear about your accident, glad to hear your ok though, that's the main thing.

I know how it feels, I had my first car (Corolla) written off a couple of years ago by an idiot in a Rav4 who was driving along in a daze and decided he would merge lanes directly into my driver's side door and proceed to push me up the gutter into a power pole...

Luckily my sister and I got out of it ok, but ever since then I have been extra weary of being in people's blind spots.

Hope your car gets repaired ASAP.

Several things stand out from reading this thread.
    1) we all agree big 4wd are effing inappropriate urban motor vehicles.
    2) owning frog mobiles makes us members of a supportive fraternity
    3) and mainly the thing that often saves us from major prangs is we pay attention when driving and drive defensively,cos sure as rabbits make more rabbits, if we don't, some bastard will clean us up.
    We gotta remember enjoying driving means we have to watch out for the bastards driving with blinkers on their eyes.
    Dom

It amazes me how someone in a Jeep could actually not notice the cars around. We have a Cherokee (actually for 4WD, not city use ) and those things have great visibility.
    It would take a bit of work for someone not to notice the environment around them. *That is of course excluding my brother who managed to back his car into Dad's car, while in the driveway . Thank god I wasn't home, or it might have been my pug that was bent .*
    1995 306 S16

We all know frogs go: la de da dee daa
    They dont go: vroom vroom vroom

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by rustymunga
    Wait...

Seriously...

What is it with flucking 4WD's always running red lights?

Is it because the owners are always in a rush?

Is it because the owners are in a rush because the POS is so big it can hardly manuver itself in traffic?

Is it because those ignorant selfish bastards who drive them think that it doesn't matter because if anything happens they will be safe in their tank?

I am serious, everytime I see a blonde woman driving a brand new X5 or huge landcruiser all by herself I cringe and bite my lip.

4WD's PISSSSS ME RIGHT OFFF
    And' you've been driving how long?

There should be a stipulation in the road rules - MetroTanks are to be avoided at all costs and their drivers ridiculed at every available opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by Ace135
    It amazes me how someone in a Jeep could actually not notice the cars around. We have a Cherokee (actually for 4WD, not city use ) and those things have great visibility.
    It would take a bit of work for someone not to notice the environment around them.
    well, unless of course you have your head up your arrrrrrrrr... you get the picture. Seriously though, I drove a bloody massive landcruiser down in the snow a while ago, and they have acceptable vision. After ten minutes of driving the thing you get used to its external dimensions and adjust your driving to suit, get used to using mirrors and double checking. I dont know why its so hard for people who own them

well, unless of course you have your head up your arrrrrrrrr... you get the picture. Seriously though, I drove a bloody massive landcruiser down in the snow a while ago, and they have acceptable vision. After ten minutes of driving the thing you get used to its external dimensions and adjust your driving to suit, get used to using mirrors and double checking. I dont know why its so hard for people who own them

thats an easy answer - cause they dont give a shit!! they are gonna be ok no matter what!

glad you are ok outta the prang - and that pips is too after what he went thru - thats insane!

1000+ Posts

Default Used to be Wolvo drivers now..........

Quote Originally Posted by mistareno
    And' you've been driving how long?

There should be a stipulation in the road rules - MetroTanks are to be avoided at all costs and their drivers ridiculed at every available opportunity
    I am now very wary of women driving large Toorak tractors, they might feel real safe, but boy it is amazing how many of them travel in the outside (centre) lane and drive blithely up to the back of a vehicle making a right hand turn in that lane and then decide to swing left - no warning -no checking to see if it is safe - sort of :-

"Oh bugger that car in front has blocked my way, I want the left lane, I'm bigger, so the cars in that lane will get out of my way no need to indicate I left it too late anyway, now whats that stupid A...........le sounding his horn for!, doesn't he know that I AM A WOMAN and I need to get into that lane!!"

I was travelling along Bell Street Coburg heading to the airport (as was the Toorak Tractor Driver it turned out) when that exact scenario occurred, I was alongside the 4WD, and I could see the car making its right hand turn, I wish I had sped up over the 60 kph we were both travelling as she made no effort to slow down as she approached the rear of the car and just swung left
    with no warning.

I just had an inkling of a feeling that she might do this, so I dropped back slightly to level with the passenger door on the 4wd, and sure enough she veered left. I stood on the brakes of the wifes Camry and pulled as far left as I could, just scraping the gutter, Huge screech of brakes and sounding of horn as she came over into our lane, with my evasive action just missing her nearside rear by a paint margin it was that close!

I could see her then looking back in the mirror, obviously wondering what all the fuss was about. Later I passed her and both I and the wife gave her that you [email protected]@dy stupid woman driver look!

My wife even paid me the compliment that if she had been driving she would have hit the 4wd, and she didn't know how I avoided hitting it or the kerb.

Had I veered an inch further and kerbed the Camry, wrecking the tyre or front end, I wonder if she would have stopped or even considered the fact that she would have been responsible.

Lucky she didn't park anywhere near me at the airport or I would have had a few words with said driver!! But then I am a very mild mannered person!! Hmmnnnn. (No comment Di! )

So what everyone is suggesting is that ANYone and EVERYone that drives a 4wd is a bad driver right...??

Hmm now there's an objective observation based on fact ..... !!!

So as the list stands...

All specialist French Car Mechanics are rip off artists and have no idea what they are doing... (in fact they were once compared to peodophiles in this forum)

and now....

Anyone that drives a 4wd is a bad driver... or even dangerous..

Someone that is involved in a hit and run is dishonest because he is foreign... (sorry Pips but as distressing as your story is the driver could just as easily have fled to Roma....)

Based on the above pearls of wisdom that means that 4wds must be involved in more accidents than cars (like for like allowing for the difference in numbers on the road) and they are not

and anyone involved in a hit and run is foreign and will abscond overseas...

It's nice to drop in to such a well ballanced and objective forum..

Oh by the way we have FIVE citroens in the family, and TWO 4wds... because we tow a boat and a horse float and we have four children...

I think it is much safer to use a 4wd for this than a Kia Carnival or Ford Spectron... but then that doesn't justify the stereotypes so I guess it's the wrong thing to do!

PS.... We use our Cit's to commute... much more cost effective... and in over 20 years of driving neither my wife or I have (to this point) been involved in an accident......but try fitting 4 kids and towing a horse float or 20' boat with a BX or evan a C5.....!

BX TZI Hatch
    BX TRI Hatch
    GS C-Matic

1000+ Posts

Default Calm Jack Calm.......

As the heading said it the stereotype used to be...

and there always will be a stereotyping - For myself I have a growing awareness of agressive and unthinking driving especially female four wheel drivers. First came across this category in the the UK, where for some reason they would invariable swing out in front of you from a minor road in the country, why, because they could? Right of way seemed to play no part in it, almost as if they had a god given right even entering major highways.

The other stereotype there was the White Van Driver ( often Renault) I was warned beware of the white van driver, they consider they have the right to the road, whatever and funnily enough they did perform on cue!!

Now as the French Car mechanics, all I have met have been very very helpful, so can't help on that one - I do find it rewarding to work on my own cars, but pay for professional help willingly when required.

Regards

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information