Hello from Spain
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Hello from Spain

Hi!

My name is Pablo, and I come from Oviedo, a little city in the north of Spain, but now I am living in Birmingham (UK); hoping for going back home in a few months

I was looking for Peugeot Forums, specially with technical info and I found a link to this in a Uk Pug web.

I own a 1988 Peugeot 405 Mi16 (S1, you call them); and I hope to read and learn lot about this car in this forum.

Advertisement

Hello to everybody!

P.S: Sorry if my english is not good.

1000+ Posts

Hi Pablo, and welcome.

There is PLENTY of information on the Mi16 on this site. The only difference between ours and yours is that you almost certainly have the 160hp version; we got a slightly less powerful version here which had a catalytic converter and lower compression (same as the USA).

I have some relatives in Birmingham (Walsall). At least you have no problems finding parts and all kinds of good car-related trades in that part of England!

Cheers

Stuey

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Tadpole

Thank you for your welcome Stuey!

Yes, mine is the non-catalitic 160 bhp version...it was imported from France when this car came out in 1.988. I was 4 years old when we bought it. Now I am 21 and it's my car. It's been in the family for nearly 17 years, with no problems and only 93.000 miles in the odometer.

I post some photos here:

Time for lunch...

He enjoys the snow...

I love this road, and my little Pug too

The same road, but climbing up by the other side of the mountain. I was surprised by a snow storm. Was my first time driving in snow and fortunately everything went perfect with the car:

And finally, a few pictures only of the car:

Last edited by oliv; 15th October 2005 at 11:25 PM.

1000+ Posts

Ah, the Pyrenees right? A great part of the world to be driving a Pug.
    Enjoy your snow. Those conditions is where a Pug really shines as the front-to-rear balance becomes so much more important. Good fun as long as you don't want to stop in a hurry! If you are going to do lots of snow driving, it will be worth practising to find out the best way to get your Pug to stop without hitting something.

Patrick
    605SVE

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by PJ810
    Ah, the Pyrenees right? A great part of the world to be driving a Pug.
    Enjoy your snow. Those conditions is where a Pug really shines as the front-to-rear balance becomes so much more important. Good fun as long as you don't want to stop in a hurry! If you are going to do lots of snow driving, it will be worth practising to find out the best way to get your Pug to stop without hitting something.

Patrick
    605SVE
    They are not the Pyrenees. It is a chain of mountains in the northwest of Spain called The Cantabric Mountains.

I never drive in snow. That day I was just surprised by the storm, so I had to learn by myself how to drive over the snow. I enjoy it very much, but the friend that came with me...he was a little bit scaried.

jgp

dashboards don't crack over there. eh.
    90 405 MI16
    96 406 ST

Oliv hi fellow, your english is perfectly good, no more apologies.

So you got some tech questions about your beautiful car, fire away.

ed ge

great roads you get to drive, must suit the Mi 16 to a tee.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by jgp
    dashboards don't crack over there. eh.
    You mean "crack" ...to broke?
    No, they don't broke, I think because of our dry wether, and because where I live isn't very sunny at all.

Icon1 Hola desde Australia

Hola, Pablo. Bienvenido al mejor foro de coches franceses en el mundo. De vez en cuando encuentras que hasta en australia hay alguien que hable tu idioma, colega.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by The Gonz
    Hola, Pablo. Bienvenido al mejor foro de coches franceses en el mundo. De vez en cuando encuentras que hasta en australia hay alguien que hable tu idioma, colega.
    Hola The Gonz! Eres español? Pues espero que sea el mejor porque me he hartado a buscar por internet y no encontraba ninguno decente. Hay de VAG, de Ford, de todo...menos de Peugeot.

Un saludo!!

Icon10 Two languages are better than one!

Pues si, debido a que tengo pasaporte español, aunque naci' en Melbourne. Por muchos años pense' que nunca llegaria a serlo ya que a esa edad me habia ingresado de militar de carrera en la que sigo hoy, pero en cuanto acabaron con la mili me invitaron a sacarme el pasaporte, uno que use con mucha alegria durante el año que estuvimos en inglaterra. En fin, nacido en australia pero con el mismo castellano que el ingles, padres de cordoba y una guitarra flamenca en el baul del Fuego.

... and now so I don't forget my manners, the translation:

Well yes, due to the fact I have a Spanish passport, although I was born in Melbourne. For many years I thought that I'd never be Spanish since I had already joined the military, where I continue today, but as soon as Spain ended its conscription I was invited to apply for a passport, which I used with great delight during our year in England. In summary, born in Australia but with the same Spanish as English, parents from Cordoba and a Flamenco guitar in the boot of the Fuego.

Thread Information