Froggies at a race track in Chile
  • Register
  • Help
    nJm

Default Froggies at a race track in Chile

These were posted on another car forum but I thought you might like to see em:

back to front... citroen ZX volcane 8v, citroen AX gt, nissan primera (g20 or something in the US)

This is a Citroen Saxo VTS on slicks... turns on 3 wheels just like a clio sport. it got nice times... just due to the rubber, the car is slow as hell in a straight line.

Peugeot 206 GTI, hot car.

Advertisement

This is a citroen Xsara VTS with a sport cam, huge exhaust, additional injection, ported polished, whatever. The hydraulic lifters make this crazy noise, the car is just evil.

Okay, this has an interesting story... it's a Clio Sport following a Clio 1.6S with nice tires, lowering springs, and nice wheels. The sport is about 1000x faster in a straight line, but the lighter (older), better tired car wins every time on the track. Not too surprising really.
    That Zsara would be an interesting animal...
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

Is the Saxo VTS really that slow? It was supposed to replace the AXGT, and high power/weight ratios meant that car wasn't at all slow in a straight line.
    Current:
    1999 406SV (D8)
    Previous:
    1986 BX19GT

Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!..... chile is my home country, so I now know when I go back I can go track bashing in a frog!! - Chris
    ... ptui!

Cool, nice pics! That Clio 1.6 is taking an 'interesting' line though.
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

That Cit Saxo needs more air in its front tyres,
    the rim is nearly touching the ground as the
    tyre deforms

Biologist
    ----------------
    A
    one Megane Family

Quote Originally Posted by CHRI'S16
    Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!..... chile is my home country, so I now know when I go back I can go track bashing in a frog!! - Chris
    You go for Colo Colo???

Quote Originally Posted by purrr-geot
    You go for Colo Colo???
    nahh.... never really got into the football, its was always cars, bikes, trucks>>> SPEED!!! but my family whent for La U (or the University of Chile), which is Colo's traditional rivals. I don't miss things that much, except for the parties and the latin women,.... oh the women...... - Chris

ps. Saxo's are the excels of chile.
    ... ptui!

moosey

Quote Originally Posted by CHRI'S16
    Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!..... chile is my home country - Chris
    Did I know that? Spent 3.5 wks in Chile, Peru, Bolivia in Aug/Sep. Awesome. When's our next feed/chat night? Peugeot Partner vans everywhere in Santiago, btw!

Quote Originally Posted by moosey
    Did I know that? Spent 3.5 wks in Chile, Peru, Bolivia in Aug/Sep. Awesome. When's our next feed/chat night? Peugeot Partner vans everywhere in Santiago, btw!
    Nice trip mate, I hope you enjoied yourself there, although the poverty can get to you sometimes.
    I don't really advertise the fact I'm from Chile, as I've been here in gods country for so long that if I were to travel I'd tell most people in from dunanda! lol. yep next drinks night. - Chris
    ... ptui!

Quote Originally Posted by moosey
    I've spent a fair bit of time in these places too. Awesome. I went to a Universidad de Chile/Universidad Católica game. Unbelieveable atmosphere. Wanted to go the big one, U de Chile V Colo Colo, but it was cancelled. Bloody players' strike!
    Care factor = -273.15ºC

That Xsara looks like it's got a bit of opposite lock going...

Quote Originally Posted by Poo-Go
    I've spent a fair bit of time in these places too. Awesome. I went to a Universidad de Chile/Universidad Católica game. Unbelieveable atmosphere. Wanted to go the big one, U de Chile V Colo Colo, but it was cancelled. Bloody players' strike!
    Wicked!!!, even though football wasn't my thing i still went to alot of the local games and did the tipical idiots in the crowd thing.... you know.
    Infact because my family owned so mane Pugs, Cits, Rens (and Fiats) is why i like my french cars now. My earliest photos that I have are of my pearents wedding, for which the wedding car was a Pug!!! so its in the blood itelsya!...
    When I go back ill investigate were that track is... looks real backyard home racer style yeehaa!! - Chris
    ... ptui!

Thread Information