Panel Beaters: Melb - east
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Panel Beaters: Melb - east

Is there a member of the forum in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne that can assist me.

I have a 505 wagon that my "P Plate" son continually scrapes when parking!!!!!! He is a Uni student without much income!!!

Advertisement

Already fixed by me are the electric mirror and a headlight.
    The remaining work is beyond my skills, I think.

At the present time the following work needs doing;

replacement of front mudguard
    replacement of rear bumper
    replacement of rear door

If you can do the jobs yourself or if you know of some-one who can do the bolt on-bolt off jobs please let me know. Cost is a prime objective for him, but a competent job is important for me.

Matching panels in the same colour can be provided (hopefully)

1000+ Posts

Have you got those parts already? Some of them are pretty hard to get I think, although that may have just been for the GTi's (bumpers for them are impossible).

I think you'll struggle to find a place with specific French experience. AAA in Huntingdale Rd Burwood is a pretty smooth operation. But they are hellishly expensive, you could always get a quote though - take it from there.

Fellow Frogger!

Default Sergetov

I've got a guard and a bumper.

The passenger door is a newly required part that I have not yet sourced. Anyone with a Series 2, 505 wagon rear passenger door (RHS, ie driver side) in white?

Thanks for the suggestion, Sergetov. My local man wants $165 to R/R the guard and about $95 to R/R the bumper.

My son (on the you bend ,you mend policy) wants a back-yard price. His savings are evaporating on fixing the family car, preventing him from buying his 'own' car.

Is this what Joseph Heller was thinking when he wrote Catch 22?

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

I wouldn't get it fixed unless he learns how to drive .... By him some bog and a speed file & point him in the direction of the damage he's doing.... We all make mistakes (to often in my case ) but you need to learn from it !!

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Whoops.
    Last edited by vanderaj; 7th February 2006 at 05:47 PM.
    2003 C3 Exclusive Panoramique auto

Icon14

Dear David,
    I would recommend Arpad Karakai of First Class Bodyworks, 26B Kevin Ave, Ferntree Gully [Phone: 97586974] - competent & good prices - knows pugs.
    John505

. . . . .

Already fixed by me are the electric mirror and a headlight.
    The remaining work is beyond my skills, I think.
    . . . . .

Teach him to use those mirrors you fixed when he's parking.

Is it a Gti wagon?

Marc

505 Gti (Manual) Wagon

your son must be a crap driver

Fellow Frogger!

Default Damaged 505 wagon

Is it a Gti wagon?

Marc

505 Gti (Manual) Wagon

No, its not a GTI, its a '91 model registered as '92. It is the 4speed ZF auto and carries no model designation apart from Peugeot and 505 on the tailgate.

I would have loved the 5 spped manual on our trip around Aus!

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Quote Originally Posted by David M
    Is it a Gti wagon?

Marc

505 Gti (Manual) Wagon

No, its not a GTI, its a '91 model registered as '92. It is the 4speed ZF auto and carries no model designation apart from Peugeot and 505 on the tailgate.

I would have loved the 5 spped manual on our trip around Aus!

Thanks for the suggestions so far.
    Being a Gti or not probably wouldn't make a lot of difference with body panels although I recently found out it can make things under the bonnet much more difficult. I was just wondering, that's all.

I'm in the northern suburbs so I'm probably not much use to you in Monbulk.
    Sorry David.
    Mines an '88 Gti 5spd wagon with 350k on the clock.

"Quote vanderaj"
    Why not sell the 505 to him, and find a newer Pug for the family to replace it with?

My opinion, why replace the ("family") 505 wagon?
    Being the "family" car my guess is he would have less respect for this than something he's decided on and bought himself.

Anyway, good luck with your dilemma David.

Marc

Fellow Frogger!

Default 505 dilemma

Being the "family" car my guess is he would have less respect for this than something he's decided on and bought himself.

Marc,

I tend to agree but the issue is that he is accruing damage at a faster rate than he earns (let alone saves). Consequently he has to pay me off for the damage to the family car before he can purchase his own car.

Fellow Frogger!

Default 505 dilemma

Marc,

I tend to agree but the issue is that he is accruing damage at a faster rate than he earns (let alone saves). Consequently he has to pay me off for the damage to the family car before he can purchase his own car.

Quote Originally Posted by David M

Marc,

If this is the issue, then this should be the first step addressed I guess. Damage control. Stop the downward spiral.
    From what you've mentioned David, parking seems to be the main issue.
    If so, practice makes perfect. Practise in a safe spot. He probably thinks he knows it all (at 18) but it's up to you to show him he doesn't. Get him to practice backing, only using the side mirrors for example. Power mirrors are easily angled down to see the space between the cars when parking.
    Another suggestion is to turn off music and any other distractions when parking. In other words, he needs to take parking more seriously for his own benefit.
    Regarding purrr-geot's comment - "your son must be a crap driver".
    I was young and crappy once myself, but I know better now. Part of growing up "purrring-geot'.
    Actually,thinking about it, even nowadays I can still be crappy. Just read some of my replies to threads!
    My own P Plate days were spent solely on motorcycles. Therefore it was in my interest to take everything seriously. If not the hospital (or worse the cemetery) was the other alternative. Do you think that stopped me? Slowed me from stupitidy maybe but never stopped me!
    Slightly more seriously David M & Son, I literally park dozens of cars a day at work. All types of cars and scrapes are years apart. Although I can't help with panel beaters in the eastern suburbs of Melb' I'd be happy to help in the damage cotrol dept' if need be. A few simple lessons maybe?
    Feel free to send me a PM (we can work it out from there).

I remember my dad could not, parallel park, reverse by mirrors or back a trailer. I made it a point of being comfortable with all of the above.
    Nonetheless, he was a very safe driver because he knew his limits.

C'est la vie (that's life)

Marc

Fellow Frogger!

I found Murdoch Panels in Murdoch Rd Clayton to be quite good. The boss is Lee, he has worked on quite a few Citroens,so a Pug should be no problem.

He will work to whatever price/quality you specify, and is good with working to a timeframe.

Thread Information