Lucky or unlucky???
  • Register
  • Help

Default Lucky or unlucky???

Well I went out the front to help the girlfriend carry her stuff in when she got home from work. I get down the stairs and see the Xantia at the top of the drive.....WTF thats where I parked. So I look down the bottom of the drive and I see my 16V hugging dads Tzi.....oh Foxtrot-Uniform-Charlie-Kilo.

Advertisement

So i'm like hey dad (Ken W) my cars done a runner and smacked into your car want to come check it out. Ken is sitting infront of the news, I get the response "Nah, i don't care, i've got a tow bar "

So grand total of no damage on the Tzi due to the towbar. Luckily the 16V just lost a bit of paint....and I only just repainted the bumper and the red strips for the FCD this year Looks like I need to redo a bit of plastic welding on the bumper. On the other hand the car handled 35deg peak hour traffic without going over 94degrees the whole time so shes running well for once!!

Ah well i'm off for a drink, could have been worse

Dave

Sounds like you were lucky.
    That depends however on how it managed to make it's way down the drive. No handbrake? Care to elaborate for us?
    Current:
    1999 406SV (D8)
    Previous:
    1986 BX19GT

Icon12

Doesn't look too bad Dave.. I say lucky

I like the old mans attitude though (sorry Ken - I know your much younger than moi )

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Quote Originally Posted by ajpolden
    Sounds like you were lucky.
    That depends however on how it managed to make it's way down the drive. No handbrake? Care to elaborate for us?
    I must have just not put the handbrake on hard enough, no doubt the pads/rotors contracted a bit as they cooled, and due to my usual lazyness i had left the car out of gear (when i got home i jumped out to check if the fans were running then just leant back in and turned it off, didn't wack it into gear).

Will be in gear when left on steep driveway from now on

Cheers,

Dave

Yeah Chris,

I was really cut up about having to scrape the white paint off the tow ball.

I even used it for purpose a few weeks ago to tow a trailer load to the dump!

He even managed to push my car forward about 40cm, so it must have got up some speed.

Has never happened to me - another advantage of non-vented front discs - less width to contract.

Up the 8 valvers - much easier to drive around town too.

Ken W

Thread Information