regards
    sean

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by sdabel
    Does anyone know what has happened?

regards
    sean
    Yep,

All should be revealed with the next day or two..................watch this space!!

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    Yep,

All should be revealed with the next day or two..................watch this space!!

Alan S
    Good, but lets hope its good news!!

Alan
    I have strongly been of the opinion that the andyspares forums should be or might want to be linked into our forums on here just as the citroen forum is at the moment.
    WHat do the moderators think of this?

Good idea Daniel, but at present, there's a few complications that need to be ironed out before anything can happen and presently we have a number of people overseas flying around like chooks with their heads off setting up forums and trying to set them up and none of this is making it any easier for those trying to sort through the dramas of the one that's closed.
    You have to remember that there's a "commercial element" in there that knowing big business, will doubtless have all kinds of legal implications so as a result it will need to be handled in a very systematic and methodical manner so as to not create problems further down the line.

Alan S

Acknowledged Alan.

Agh. I found the andyspares French car forums at andyspares very useful, especially the Citroen subforum.

I guess we need to strive to get more Citroen members at AF!!!
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

Expert 2.0L (2009)

Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

Biggest problem we seem to have at present is that if everybody keeps pointing everybody at a different forum every 5 minutes, all the work of the past 5 years that went into Andys forum will be lost forever as it negates the need to regroup the info and the people concerned.

Alan S

Tadpole

What a suprise that was, I know there has been some agro' on there of late but I didnt expect this. Might just be me but Jon seemed mighty p'eed off with it, it also seemed that he wasnt on there as much as he used to be.

Usually I pop on there every day for a look around and today access was denied. I think its a financial mistake for GSF to shut it if thats what has gone on I bought things from them primarily because of the forum and me using it, so that trade they will lose. I remembered this website having read a lot of Alan S' postings over there, so I hope theres room for me over here now?

Quote Originally Posted by drpau
    What a suprise that was, I know there has been some agro' on there of late but I didnt expect this. Might just be me but Jon seemed mighty p'eed off with it, it also seemed that he wasnt on there as much as he used to be.

Usually I pop on there every day for a look around and today access was denied. I think its a financial mistake for GSF to shut it if thats what has gone on I bought things from them primarily because of the forum and me using it, so that trade they will lose. I remembered this website having read a lot of Alan S' postings over there, so I hope theres room for me over here now?
    drpau, consider yourself welcome here - I read your post on the gsf discussion board (from the link above). You have to realise that we're in a different time-zone here!
    It seems to me that when something happens to these forums (It happened here) people lack the patience to just wait it out. As Alan said "watch this space".
    Current:
    1999 406SV (D8)
    Previous:
    1986 BX19GT

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by ajpolden
    drpau, consider yourself welcome here - I read your post on the gsf discussion board (from the link above). You have to realise that we're in a different time-zone here!
    It seems to me that when something happens to these forums (It happened here) people lack the patience to just wait it out. As Alan said "watch this space".
    Yeah I realised that before.. time zones eh, who'da thunk it! . Its the not knowing bit that gets me. My mother has always been a nosey person, I think I must get it from her!

Oh well patience it is then

I must say Im really enjoying all these new smileys, top dollar! (well new to me anyway!)

Cheers

Paul

Thread Information