I Spy - SA - Page 5
  • Register
  • Help
Page 5 of 10 First 123456789 ... Last
Results 101 to 125 of 229
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: I Spy - SA

  1. #101
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    adelaide
    Posts
    67

    Default

    are you a youngish guy and do you sometimes drive with the spotlights on? if so, every now and then...

    Advertisement

  2. #102
    Member C2VTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Just saw a 255 at Freedom, kind of young looking guy in his thirties perhaps, hotty GF/Wife

    I was in my Subaru so no one would have noticed me

    Dan

  3. #103
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Adelaide, SA
    Posts
    5

    Default

    From the restaurant I was working at in Jetty Road, Glenelg, I saw a red 205 gti drive past. Twice.

    Pretty certain I saw the same car parked opposite the entrance to the zoo earlier in the week. Looks like the 'gti' part on the rear has been swiped at some stage, and I think it's a non-stock exhaust.

    Anyone else seen it?

    Andrew

  4. #104
    1000+ Posts gti138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    Was at Symphony under the starts tonight. I parked on War Memorial Drive (opposite the zoo) and had a nice 10-12 minute walk through to Elder park. Saw a nice Megane 2.0 and also from a distance saw a 306 S16 I thought it looked like it had dual exhausts as well - sounded nice.

    However I walked straight past a Kermit Green 206 XR/XT (5 door) with the plates PUG 206 parked on Victoria Drive near Torrens Parade ground Anyone here?
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!


    Mallala: 1:30.79





  5. #105
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alexb618
    are you a youngish guy and do you sometimes drive with the spotlights on? if so, every now and then...
    Sort of youngish, but no don't drive with the spotlights on, only at night on dark twisty roads...
    05' Megane 225 Cup

  6. #106
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pugsy
    alexb618 is the 205 a dark green one, if so he is an Aussiefrog as well, cannot remeber the name but he has had the whole dash done with faux carbonfibre...
    That sounds like me, although my number plate ends with a P.

    Skylinesaustralia did a dyno day at Boostworx late last year. Shaun charged $25 per car as long as 25 people registered and paid a deposit ($5 or $10). I'd strongly recommend Boostworx over Turbo Tune, but that's only my opinion based on personal experience and the experience of others from SAU.

    I work on Greenhill Rd between King William Rd and Unley Rd. Each work day I see a silver 206 GTI 180 parked on one of the side streets, a S1 205 GTI one street back from Greenhill Rd, and another S1 205 GTI parked in front of units on one of the side streets. Unusual to have 3x 205 GTIs and one 206 GTI all within 500m of each other.
    1991 Peugeot 205 GTi
    1989 Nissan R32 GT-R

  7. #107
    Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    6,085

    Default

    A recently re-registered (with appropriate number on the plate) blue 205GTi with ricey round tail lights, but otherwise visually stock, at Medindie this afternoon.

  8. #108
    1000+ Posts U Turn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    1,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scotchopper
    That sounds like me, although my number plate ends with a P.

    Skylinesaustralia did a dyno day at Boostworx late last year. Shaun charged $25 per car as long as 25 people registered and paid a deposit ($5 or $10).
    Scot, that is very cheap! I'd be keen to go there, but no idea how we can get 25 people. Do you think anyone at the skylineaus forum would be keen to come along as well? Any suggestions appreciated.

    ----
    Spotted today travelling south down South rd around 4:20pm near the Port rd intersection..a grey/blue late model Toyota Corolla with the plates "FROGS 2". Driver had a death wish as he cut a truck off in braking traffic.
    Take the long way home....

    - 306 gti6

  9. #109
    1000+ Posts gti138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by U Turn
    Scot, that is very cheap! I'd be keen to go there, but no idea how we can get 25 people. Do you think anyone at the skylineaus forum would be keen to come along as well? Any suggestions appreciated.
    It's a shame really that when we have our cruises there hasnt been a single RSC turn up If we got some RSC owners and maybe a cit or two we should be able to get 25 easy.. .getting the commitment from them will be the hard part...
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!


    Mallala: 1:30.79





  10. #110
    Demannu-facturing! Demannu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gti138
    It's a shame really that when we have our cruises there hasnt been a single RSC turn up If we got some RSC owners and maybe a cit or two we should be able to get 25 easy.. .getting the commitment from them will be the hard part...
    So when's the next one? I'll be there.
    Scotty

    Melbourne - Dandenong Ranges

    1956 Peugeot 403 - 'Francois' - resto project

    1969 Peugeot 504 - 'Pascal' - daily driver project

    1970 Peugeot 404 Utility - 'Brutus' - resto project

    1978 Peugeot 604 - as yet unnamed - V6 on straight LPG

    1987 Peugeot 505 - as yet unnamed - project car

    1999 Peugeot 406 Coupé - 'Chloe' - 5 speed manual

    2011 Peugeot 3008 XTE HDi - 'Zoe' - hatchback on steroids

    2014 Peugeot RCZ - 'Remy'

    1999 Range Rover 4.6 HSE - 'Grover' - tow car

  11. #111
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by U Turn
    Scot, that is very cheap! I'd be keen to go there, but no idea how we can get 25 people. Do you think anyone at the skylineaus forum would be keen to come along as well? Any suggestions appreciated.
    I'd like to get a commitment from some folks from this forum first. If 15 people here said they would definately participate then I'll try recruit other car enthusiasts from other forums. We could make a day of it with dyno runs followed by a cruise. I think Shaun has a BBQ we could use as well.

    To run one of these days takes a little organisation but is easy enough to do. The hardest thing is getting enough people to commit, pay a deposit, and then turn up.
    1991 Peugeot 205 GTi
    1989 Nissan R32 GT-R

  12. #112
    1000+ Posts The Gonz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,499

    Icon11 AF Renault Laguna spotted in my driveway!

    Yes, it was the one and only KenFuego who dropped in to say hello on his whirlwind tour of Oz. Nice time, nice chat, nice drive of the Laguna - good to have had you around, Ken. Our nacho dishes will never be dull again! I look forward to helping you out in your chivalrous campaign for the common man, including making the time to hop down to the big smoke.

    Let me know what gets arranged. Swinburne Uni asked me last year for a lecture on our software production process, so maybe - just maybe - I could swing a trip down there to coincide and save you some $$$

  13. #113
    1000+ Posts gti138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demannu
    So when's the next one? I'll be there.
    Hey Scott - I seem to remember that Jude was going to organise the next one as he missed the last one due to him being a little "under the weather"

    Sounds like he could come through with this dyno day though - that may redeem him!
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!


    Mallala: 1:30.79





  14. #114
    1000+ Posts U Turn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    1,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gti138
    Hey Scott - I seem to remember that Jude was going to organise the next one as he missed the last one due to him being a little "under the weather"

    Sounds like he could come through with this dyno day though - that may redeem him!
    haha Mike yeah yeah it's my turn. I'll give Boostworx a call to get some prices etc and then best we can do is put a post up here and if people are serious they'll put a deposit down and we'll take it from there. If any of you guys know any Honda vtec owners that would be interested, that would be pretty good. I've always been very curious about those engines. As for a drive day, we'll probably keep it separate from a dyno day, as 25 people we've never driven with all having fun around the hills could get a bit interesting. Mike, do you use some program on the net to come up with your cool route plans?
    Take the long way home....

    - 306 gti6

  15. #115
    1000+ Posts gti138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by U Turn
    Mike, do you use some program on the net to come up with your cool route plans?
    I have a copy of the UBD on disk that is a couple of years old - all of the important roads are on there - just some of the newer housing developments arent - but they arent any good for driving around in anyway.. When are you coming up to grab all my TG etc? I can show it to you then.
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!


    Mallala: 1:30.79





  16. #116
    1000+ Posts gti138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    1,885

    Default Renault Traffic - TOOL driver

    This morning heading down Salisbury Highway/South Road extension/Port River Expressway

    Silver Renault Traffic tailgaiting just about everything that was in front of it. Also weaving behind the cars it was following to (I assume) hurry them out of the way. The one thing I realised is that even sitting a nice safe gap behind it my fuel economy was better than normal. Probably due to the thing being shaped like a brick.
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!


    Mallala: 1:30.79





  17. #117
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    642

    Default

    A get together before March would be cool as it looks like i will be busy with work and Uni in March, will see what Sundays I have free and let you guys know, a dyno day would be fun as well.

    Scotchopper did you end up changing mufflers on your Pug?
    05' Megane 225 Cup

  18. #118
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pugsy
    Scotchopper did you end up changing mufflers on your Pug?
    No, not yet. Recently bought a set of Michelin Pilot Pecedas, DBA slotted rotors and EBC Greeenstuff pads for the pug. That kind of ate funds and then the GTR front passenger coilover died so funds are being saved up for a new set. Exhaust still shits me though. Must be getting old.
    1991 Peugeot 205 GTi
    1989 Nissan R32 GT-R

  19. #119
    Member Felix205GTi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by U Turn
    Immaculate gunmetal grey 205 gti with twin-pipe sports exhaust and polished shiny wheels driving up South rd around 9am today. I drove past him and waved; driver definitely saw me. Got blocked off by a car just after so couldn't see if I got a wave back. I then saw him take the left corner onto Port rd at a decent speed.
    Thats me dude, did wave back BTW, love the look of those colour coded strips, cheers for rating my car, i wouldnt say she is immaculate, but she gets looked after, i ordered those wheels in black with a polished lip, but they came in in that shadow chrome finish, so the guy threw in some 145/45 directional tires to apolagise, now i have to find somewhere to paint em, i hate chrome wheels, but i dont think they look to bad, but black is definetly better

  20. #120
    Member evorobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Ask the guys on ECCA if you are having a dyno day. Been heaps of people on GTG's lately

    ECCA SA

  21. #121
    1000+ Posts U Turn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    1,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Felix205GTi
    Thats me dude, did wave back BTW, love the look of those colour coded strips, cheers for rating my car, i wouldnt say she is immaculate, but she gets looked after, i ordered those wheels in black with a polished lip, but they came in in that shadow chrome finish, so the guy threw in some 145/45 directional tires to apolagise, now i have to find somewhere to paint em, i hate chrome wheels, but i dont think they look to bad, but black is definetly better
    Cool! What size are those wheels? Yeah I agree, they don't look too bad but they would look nicer in black. Any crash repairer should be able to paint them for you, but the other option is to give it a go yourself. It's not too hard and you'd save a few bob. When I painted my door strips, I went to this auto paint shop near Walkerville (can't remember the name, but if you look the auto paint section in the yellow pages, it's the ad that states they can match 15,000 colours..you can't miss it). Anyway they were quite cheap and will put any colour into a pressure pack can for $30 which should cover 4 wheels.
    Take the long way home....

    - 306 gti6

  22. #122
    Member Felix205GTi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by U Turn
    Cool! What size are those wheels? Yeah I agree, they don't look too bad but they would look nicer in black. Any crash repairer should be able to paint them for you, but the other option is to give it a go yourself. It's not too hard and you'd save a few bob. When I painted my door strips, I went to this auto paint shop near Walkerville (can't remember the name, but if you look the auto paint section in the yellow pages, it's the ad that states they can match 15,000 colours..you can't miss it). Anyway they were quite cheap and will put any colour into a pressure pack can for $30 which should cover 4 wheels.
    just 15x6.75, i was thinking 16's but id rather go fast around corners than look cool, besides once i have the front lowered it will look "fresh", im glad you like the exhaust, would you beleive those two tips alone only cost $17bucks AUD, i bought them in malaysia, al of the little KEI cars have them, have you done much to your car??

  23. #123
    1000+ Posts U Turn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    1,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Felix205GTi
    just 15x6.75, i was thinking 16's but id rather go fast around corners than look cool, besides once i have the front lowered it will look "fresh", im glad you like the exhaust, would you beleive those two tips alone only cost $17bucks AUD, i bought them in malaysia, al of the little KEI cars have them, have you done much to your car??
    Yeah the exhaust didn't sound overly loud either. My car is stock except for an quaife LSD. It's an excellent lsd but not cheap and would be of more use on the track. I'm waiting for the day I get a 205 with an mi16 conversion, and if that ever happens I'll take the lsd out of the gti6 and put it into that.
    Take the long way home....

    - 306 gti6

  24. #124
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    642

    Default

    Hey Felix any chance of some pics of your Pug,

    Scotchopper how are finding the Precedas, I have done quite a few k's on mine and they just get better and they can take a fair bit of abuse, I have done a driver training day and a few track days on them and they are still going strong..
    05' Megane 225 Cup

  25. #125
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Melbourne Victoria
    Posts
    10,937

    Default Had a great time & thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by The Gonz
    Yes, it was the one and only KenFuego who dropped in to say hello on his whirlwind tour of Oz. Nice time, nice chat, nice drive of the Laguna - good to have had you around, Ken. Our nacho dishes will never be dull again! I look forward to helping you out in your chivalrous campaign for the common man, including making the time to hop down to the big smoke.

    Let me know what gets arranged. Swinburne Uni asked me last year for a lecture on our software production process, so maybe - just maybe - I could swing a trip down there to coincide and save you some $$$
    Great to get together with you guys again and to meet your lovely wife, next time I will have to bring over the Fuego instead of the Laguna and that, (your) Fuego it makes a statement just like its owner, can't wait till we get together again - We had a great time at the family gathering in Northgate Road and even searched around West Terrace Cemetery among the Pioneer graves for Judy's family connections, then much later in the afternoon (Old guys have to have a siesta in the afternoon!!) it was off to see Huego and look over his 1984 non power steering (no plip) Champagne Gold Fuego - its in great shape and he has owned Fuego's for longer than I have - you two families will get on great with each other.

    Adelaide is such a nice city, next time I need to bring a vintage camera and capture the essence of it on film, just for my vintage camera friends in the states. Only complaint I had is the lack of modern French cars on the road, we actually though the two Fuegos would be the only ones we saw, until a black Megane passed us twice in the Northgate Road area (maybe came back to have another look at that Laguna!!), later in Unley Road we saw a Silver megane, then later a Scenic and a pug.

    For all the Km's I did around Adelaide - not one Laguna!! Despite this we had a great time and thanks to you all, brief visit, but a good one. Looking forward to seeing you soon Gonz will email you with more details.

    (PS i didn't count the Pugs and Renaults in the car yards on the way to Heugos!!

    Will email you soon!!

    Ken

Page 5 of 10 First 123456789 ... Last

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •