COM2000 Update
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: COM2000 Update

Default COM2000 Update

Just wondering what the latest is on the COM2000 debacle. Is this still a problem?

I read somewhere that the original supplier went out of business, so are the replacements any better?

Also did any of the later 306's have this unit?

Advertisement

Arthur

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur
    Just wondering what the latest is on the COM2000 debacle. Is this still a problem?
    I'd say it's finally come under control.

The last thing I heard about it was some dealers were replacing them out of warranty, and these recent units have been basically trouble free. Someone mentioned on the 307 list that Peugeot would replace them cost free for cars out of warranty, but only on cars up to three years of age.

I read somewhere that the original supplier went out of business, so are the replacements any better?
    This is true, although some of the replacements still needed to be replaced. Current examples seem to be sound - some slight changes.

Also did any of the later 306's have this unit?
    Nope - it's just on the multiplexed Peugeot and Citroen models.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Pug307
    I'd say it's finally come under control.

The last thing I heard about it was some dealers were replacing them out of warranty, and these recent units have been basically trouble free. Someone mentioned on the 307 list that Peugeot would replace them cost free for cars out of warranty, but only on cars up to three years of age.

This is true, although some of the replacements still needed to be replaced. Current examples seem to be sound - some slight changes.

Nope - it's just on the multiplexed Peugeot and Citroen models.
    Thanks for the info.

ok, from a multiplexed Xsara driver - what is this problem to which I keep hearing Peugeot drivers referring?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H
    ok, from a multiplexed Xsara driver - what is this problem to which I keep hearing Peugeot drivers referring?
    Basically problems with the quality of the construction of the stalk assembly (Com2000) used on most mux PSA vehicles. Things like indicator stalks over correctly and indicating in the opposite direction when turning, stalks breaking, buttons failing etc. The problem could partly design related, but the it seems to be mainly a quality issue with some of the part suppliers. The fact that the stalk assembly is also a very expensive part ($900+) is also an issue.

Not all mux Xsara's have Com2000. If you have the horn button on the end of the indicator stalk, then you have the older stalk assembly which was carried over from the pre-mux Xsaras. All the earlier mux Xsara's (2001 model mainly) use the old stalks.

Troy.

Fellow Frogger!

Default New one today

Had another one fitted today this is the second replacement.

Was told by dealer that the ones that fail with them always had come from same maufacturer.

The new one feels better quality in the way it operates, last one felt very cheap in the way it clacked on the indicator side.

Time will tell if they have improved.

Graelin

Mine is ok Im not sure what the issue is really. (touchwood) it keeps working fine.

The one fitted to the C3 feels brittle to the touch but if people are careful it shouldnt be an issue.

Thread Information