Cheap way of hiding cars ??
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Default Cheap way of hiding cars ??

Hi Guys ...

So anyone have any ideas on a cheap way to hide cars. The parents are whinging quite about about the 2 DS's, 2 CX's and Fuego I have down at there place. I'm not brave enough to bring them home (checkout my backyard) Some of those cars are 2 deep

I'm thinking a second back fence with the cars between them ... But building another fence will be expensive ... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... What do you think, would Ang kill me, or just permanantly dissable me if I attempted to bring them home

Advertisement

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Icon10 idea #1

you could artistically arrange them about the garden..like gnomes...ie: park one next to an ornamental pond & place a fishing rod in the front bumper....another rigged up to be a water feature..with the windscreen jets facing upwards spouting waterfalls on the hour in time to the music from the "jukebox" one playing it's stereo parked near by.

At christmas time, you could drape them all in twinkling lights & neons to entertain the local kiddies & ricers! I'm sure you could design a good manger in the back of a fuego!

suspend one by ropes from the nearest big tree & create the swing that can accomodate anyone & everyone! all at the same time....install a slide off the roof of the tallest one....& with the hydralics on the cits, putting a spinning platform under them & voila..the "gravitron"!!

"shanes world" ballarat's premier themepark! ..no need to travel overseas or to QLD ever again!
    Aus
    Aus
    ".....the good health of a pond is held in a delicate balance. A pond's condition
    deteriorates when the bottom environment cannot support animal life.
    The bottom is the area that runs out of oxygen first, it is where the most oxygen is used........"

'84 fuego GTX
    '87 fuego GTX
    '85 fuego GTX
    ....beginning to look a bit frightning isn't it.

Administrator

Is your house on stumps?

If so, do you reckon your wife would notice a new flight of steps leading 2 meters up to the front door and rear doors?

Quote Originally Posted by mistareno
    Is your house on stumps?

If so, do you reckon your wife would notice a new flight of steps leading 2 meters up to the front door and rear doors?
    Now THERE is an idea ... how bigs the house again ... I might be able to get 1dozen cars under there
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Drape cheap green fake grass carpet over the cars, it would also serve as a car cover too.

1000+ Posts

Default Photoshop it

Nah

Just get Mistarenno to photoshop your back yard vista, a few trees here a few trees there, some sundry plants and flowers - N000o problem - laminate the photos and stick them on the outside of the rear windows of the house.

ken

UFO

Just wait a few years till the rugrat(s) decide they need somewhere new to play and start getting into Daddy's cars, bouncing on the bonnets etc etc. THEN we'll hear the scream.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

make a cheap frame up from starposts and drape some shade cloth over it enough to cover the lot of them

the missus will think it looks good as she can't see them and the neighbours will be happy they are out of their sight as well
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron
    Hi Guys ...

So anyone have any ideas on a cheap way to hide cars. The parents are whinging quite about about the 2 DS's, 2 CX's and Fuego I have down at there place. I'm not brave enough to bring them home (checkout my backyard) Some of those cars are 2 deep

I'm thinking a second back fence with the cars between them ... But building another fence will be expensive ... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... What do you think, would Ang kill me, or just permanantly dissable me if I attempted to bring them home

seeya,
    Shane L.

Your not thinking laterally Shane:

This can be a win win situation

Go down to ya local print shop and get X (= number of rear windows) copies of the 'perfect backyard' printed (see below)

Place these infront of rear facing windows and enjoy.

You will of course have to insist on putting out the washing from now on, but this will also be beneficial, as she will think you have not only got rid of the cars but are also trying to help out around the house...

By the time she realises, you should be able to buy atleast another 10 cars

I can't see anyone topping Richards effort, but I did see a suggestion in a permaculture menual once where an old Inter truck parked on a farm had a choko vine planted near it a few years down the track it looked very neat albeit in the shape of an Inter.
    Don't know about down your way but up here I could need a herpatologist degree just to walk past them...Hmmm, red belly blacks, king browns, taipans, copperheads, pythons, death adders, could end up with quite a collection unless of course the red backs and trap doors didn't kill 'em all off first.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Default Idea #whatever

Geez man, you have a good number of them laying around don't you?!

Here is one good idea:
    Get them all RWc'd, and run a country touring car rentals; In summer you will have enough German tourists to take on the whole fleet onto roads.

You can also sell them and buy them back at a fraction of the sale price once tourists are heading home. It works for a lot of 'backpackers' car yards around Aus (And who would have thought a 74' E2000 Mazda van could sell for 4g's for a bunch of Brits rather than in the scarp yard!)

I can see you calling it: Rent-A-Frog, or Frog-Barne,
    Any takers?

In Australia: ‘05 206 GTi 180 and '97 406 v6
    In Lebanon: ‘09 C3 Exclusive

All in Silver

Previously '01 206 GTi

And if all goes to plan, don't forget my cut/prizzie

In Australia: ‘05 206 GTi 180 and '97 406 v6
    In Lebanon: ‘09 C3 Exclusive

All in Silver

Previously '01 206 GTi

Default Landfill

Does "landfill" qualify as hiding them

Shane it's time to call the Arabs in, to buy the 'Job lot'
    "Now my dream lies shattered like the shards of a broken dream"

You could create a screen with Old Hami bamboo which should grow down there. Very fast growing, easy propagate & your cars would be out of site in 2 - 3 years

UFO

Shane

Of course! Do what your Dad did to hide lots of cars that will never get back on the road. Build a stinking great shed mate! That will also stop the nosey neighbours from peering out their windows into your yard!
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

20 x 20meter shed would do me .... Do you want me to send the bank account number so you can pay the funds in

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron
    20 x 20meter shed would do me .... Do you want me to send the bank account number so you can pay the funds in

seeya,
    Shane L.
    Yeah no worries mate. I collected a Powerball win today at lunch time. All of $22.70 That should just about buy the first couple of dynabolts to hold the frame to the slab. That's concrete BTW, not
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Looks quite easy really - just do them one at a time when no-one is home - move back an existing car and park the extra one in front of it (or behind it?). Then the row you can see will look just the same - I am sure the good wife doesnt go down the backyard to check them out closely, and they look far enough away - the whole row moving back 5 metres will never be noticed!

Then again, she might be like mine, and would spot it immediately!

Cheers.

Or you could allow some of these beauties back into the project pool at Aussiefrogs. I'm sure there are a few here who wouldn't mind a pet or two.

Raising a bit of capital this way would probably help assuage the ill feelings towards the rest by the genetically aligned.

thanks,
    Andrew
    2003 C3 Exclusive Panoramique auto

Quote Originally Posted by vanderaj
    Or you could allow some of these beauties back into the project pool at Aussiefrogs. I'm sure there are a few here who wouldn't mind a pet or two.

Raising a bit of capital this way would probably help assuage the ill feelings towards the rest by the genetically aligned.

thanks,
    Andrew
    I think Gibgib's idea is the most aesthetically pleasing solution. Isn't it Chris and Marie in Vic who sell those 'cars be gone' plants?

Check out Ralph's web site for an answer!

Store them on their side, get twice as many in per row. Bring other cars home only using same space.

or

Hire out to foreign exchange students as small acommodation, would need porta-loo and bush solar hot water showers.

Extra income will please Mrs Double and be deposit on shed.

ed ge

Send that CX diesel wagon of your Dad's up to Sydney for me to look after You'll be able to fit at least 3 normal cars in the space it leaves behind... Then arrange all the others into a big dancing robot and get Citroen Australia to buy off the neighbours from their advertising budget

Chris
    GS 1220 break. Beige cars go faster

I don't get it Shane,

I would have thought the problem was too much green, not enough cars???

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Quote Originally Posted by chris
    Send that CX diesel wagon of your Dad's up to Sydney for me to look after You'll be able to fit at least 3 normal cars in the space it leaves behind... Then arrange all the others into a big dancing robot and get Citroen Australia to buy off the neighbours from their advertising budget

Chris
    The CX wagon is my fathers ... ie: it's stored in his shed. There's no issue with a well garaged car deteriating to any great extent (parked next to the Dspecial, Traction Avant, 2cv, DS23 ie 5spd pallas ..... etc....).

All things being normal, his reletivly new caravan (that's probably worth more than all said cars put together) is parked out in the paddock His AWD verada and Jazz (there 'new' cars) they drive are parked in the drive/weather On the plus side he has extended the shed to nearly twice it's size, the new area still being nearly empty ... Hmm... I wonder if he'd notice a car or 6 parked in it

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information