Forums back on & new moderators
  • Register
  • Help

Icon2 Forums back on & new moderators

We are pleased to welcome mistareno & Warwick as new moderators on aussiefrogs

mistareno is a moderator of this forum "Froggy Chat"
    Warwick will be looking after some drivel in "Toad Pond" forum.

My ideal forum would not need moderation, would have zero swearing, & no personal attacks (at all!).

I come back from my ideals but hope that everyone can help in making our job easier by all of us self moderating & indicating to others where they may be crossing a line so moderators don't have to look like the bad guy all the time.

Everything we type is saved, backed up for others (people young & old, male & female) to search through at any time. Please remember this when you are compiling that post or thread.

I would like there to be no swearing at all in the Froggy Chat & Marques forums.
    Until not so long ago this was the case but I got to the stage where I could not keep up with the inventive ways of spelling expletives.
    The Rules have not changed for this since day one.

aussiefrogs has a -G- rating except for perhaps the "Humour" forum which has a warning anyway.

Please re-read the rules, policies, disclaimers so we can start a new chapter in the aussiefrogs book, on the right track

Also, there will be some more changes on aussiefrogs shortly.

Thanks for all the support & kind words during the last week

Quote Originally Posted by The Good Book of AF
    Considering the real-time nature of this Forum, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that aussiefrogs.com does not constantly/ actively monitor the contents of Froggy Forum! and are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this aussiefrogs or any entity associated with this Forum.
    Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by the "contact us" link or "report post" link associated with the offending message. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.

aussiefrogs.com/ Froggy Forum has a "G" Rating, exception at times is the Humour forum.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this aussiefrogs.com to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane (including swearing), sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

Politics, Religion & current World affairs must be abstained from any posts due to the inflammatory nature of such discussions because of their potential to inadvertantly create ill feelings between members.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by aussiefrogs.com.

As a courtesy to the host of aussiefrogs (DCSI) it is requested that advertising of other service providers is not encouraged on these forums. We would also suggest that anyone requiring a quote from any ISP do this via PM or e-mail but also as a show of good faith, contact our hosts to ascertain their ability to supply this service in recognition of their generosity to aussiefrogs.

Advertisement

Although at times, administrators/ moderators do not and cannot review all the messages posted, aussiefrogs.com is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, aussiefrogs.com reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless aussiefrogs.com with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).

aussiefrogs.com also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.

Please note that blatant company advertising (spam), chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate on aussiefrogs.com.

1000+ Posts

Default Congratulations

Congratulations and Welcome to Richard and Warwick you will have every cooperation from this neck of the woods!

Thought Richard had been unusually quiet the last week!

Cheers

Congratulations Richard and Warwick and good luck , happy moderating too. You guys are fine upstanding frogs(do frogs stand)
    Welcome back to the toad pond. Even if it is the less attractive of our amphibious relatives
    I also appologise to Gerry and Chris for my personal use of inventive expletives in the past. I seriously must have only glanced over that bit of the rules and not taken it in. I like so many here have become accustomed to the *&^ etc that has crept in to our forum and never gave it another thought. Now that the errors of my and many others' ways have been pointed out I for one will try hard not to break this rule in the future.(puts down sworn on bible) Lets all try to make aussiefrogs greater by this

Keep up the great work guys

Chris
    Last edited by HONG KONG PUGGY; 7th September 2005 at 12:12 AM.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by HONG KONG PUGGY
    I seriously must have only glanced over that bit of the rules and not taken it in.
    I think I've heard (and observed) that excuse myself once or twice....and strangely enough it also often has the odd swear word associated with it

Sweet guys. Thanks. And Gib Gib, thanks for listening & taking action.

Woo Hoo!
    2007 VW Jetta 2.0 TDi 6sp manual

2001 VW Bora 4-Motion - flooded away
    1998 Peugeot 406 SV manual - Gone to Hail Heaven
    1994 Silver S16 - Gone
    1983 505 Sti - Gone to good home

Quote Originally Posted by mistareno
    I think I've heard (and observed) that excuse myself once or twice....and strangely enough it also often has the odd swear word associated with it
    Dont let people call you "Conan the Victorian"
    Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

now, obviously with the inception of some victorian blood in the aussiefrogs sin bin moderator's box, it has drastically increased its IQ!

p.s. great news to read things here are aok, now. heres to continued wasting of even more company resources and time.
    current frogs :
    '94 s3 alpine 205GTi

daily ding magnet: '98 1.8 16v citroen xsara

previous frogs:

88 S1 205GTi
    '95 306S16

gimme corners. . .

good luck guys.Always good to see a fuego nut rising up the aussifrogs corporate structure.
    I'll clean my teeth with soap today, which should clean up my vocab.It worked when I was 4.
    Jo

Are we allowed to swear in the toad pond?

I think its more than fair that we cant swear in the other areas.

Also good to see warwick as a new mod. This means he will need to spend more time moderating AF & less time keeping an eye over his daughter (roses)

1000+ Posts

Well done moderators and all concerned - thank you for an excellent board.

Will Ray be allowed back at all? I always enjoy reading his posts

Great to see all the Forums back. I agree withe no swearing as I have my grandkids look at some postings and photos-just trying to influence them to European cars-.
    I know they will be exposed to swearing at school, shopping centres etc but the written word has a stronger effect.
    1986 Renault Fuego GTX
    1972 Mercedes Benz 280E
    1988 Nissan Trakka Campervan
    1972 VW Kombi

In business, words are words; explanations are explanations, promises are promises, but only performance is reality.
    Harold Ganeen.

Fellow Frogger!

Good onya Richard and Warwick - thanks for the vote of confidence in us all.

Can we please have a list of word we can't use such as ******....just joking

Actually that reminds me of the start of a monty python record....

"please be warned of the rude language in this recording including 4 *****'s, 2 *****'s and a ******* and as these words only appear in this introduction you're past them now.." (excuse me I digress)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by BogMaster
    Dont let people call you "Conan the Victorian"
    There is a resemblence there...

Grunt...

Thank you Gerry and moderators. - Chris
    ... ptui!

AHAH
    i just spotted richard in front of his PC Moderating AF in his police uniform.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by purrr-geot
    AHAH
    i just spotted richard in front of his PC Moderating AF in his police uniform.
    Can you see me engraving your name in my silver hollow points too

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by mistareno
    Can you see me engraving your name in my silver hollow points too
    What you guys choose to use webcams for, is entirely up to you. Shouldn't this whole thread be in the humour section

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Quote Originally Posted by XTC
    What you guys choose to use webcams for, is entirely up to you. Shouldn't this whole thread be in the humour section

- xTc -
    ...of course
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Forums back on & new moderators-dolly-troll.jpg  
    Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by BogMaster
    ...of course
    Class.
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Man
    Of
    Diplomacy
    Eradicating
    Rascals
    And
    Ticking
    Off
    Rongdoers.

I did the three "r"s at school, reading, riting, rithmatic, but I'm still thinking something's rong.

No time to bother about it now, though, I've got presents to rap for Christmas.

Only 92 shopping days to go.

I blame Debbie Harry.

Mike.

Good to see positive steps being taken, I hope it all goes well!

Quote Originally Posted by graham66
    Well done moderators and all concerned - thank you for an excellent board.

Will Ray be allowed back at all? I always enjoy reading his posts
    Yes, we shouldn't be all just warm and fuzzy, we're still missing a brother.

Hoping for reconcilliation soon!

ed ge

Quote Originally Posted by gibgib
    My ideal forum would not need moderation, would have zero swearing, & no personal attacks (at all!).

I come back from my ideals but hope that everyone can help in making our job easier by all of us self moderating & indicating to others where they may be crossing a line so moderators don't have to look like the bad guy all the time.
    I'm an admin of an aussie rules site that has 5-8000 posts per day.
    I too have ideals but sadly, ideals and reality are poles apart.

Thread Information