Air bubble on P7000
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default Air bubble on P7000

Noticed it today on front left tire; it's not that bad, but then what could go wrong if I dont replace it?
    Should I get a replacement asap? Or wait until I rotate?

Advertisement

PS: 7800k's since new.

In Australia: ‘05 206 GTi 180 and '97 406 v6
    In Lebanon: ‘09 C3 Exclusive

All in Silver

Previously '01 206 GTi

First thing I'd do is try for a warranty claim.
    Every tyre I've ever had with an air bubble has eventually shred when I least expected or needed it and really a tyre with under 8K on it has to be faulty in manufacture to do it.
    I'd also be asking for the rest of the tyres to be checked as I would expect they'd be the same age and possible batch.

Alan S.
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Thanks Alan, I'll give the Melrose boys a good run when I rock up this week with a faulty CD player and the bubbled tyre

I recall a thread started a while back about someone who had a similar problem and got 2 tyres replaced under warranty, but couldn't locate it?

All in Silver

Previously '01 206 GTi

I had one of my tyres (OEM Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D2) replaced a few months after I got the car because the sidewall bubbled.

I took it back to the dealer who refered me to a tyre place that they use. Had it replaced under warranty without any issues.

They did have a look to check if it was from an impact (kerb etc) but they couldnt see any damage so replaced it for me.
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

1000+ Posts

Default Good advice

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    First thing I'd do is try for a warranty claim.
    Every tyre I've ever had with an air bubble has eventually shred when I least expected or needed it and really a tyre with under 8K on it has to be faulty in manufacture to do it.
    I'd also be asking for the rest of the tyres to be checked as I would expect they'd be the same age and possible batch.

Alan S.
    yeah good advice don't muck around with it. I have seen too many accidents caused by tyre problems and as you say an air bubble separation can let go without warning . The sooner its in with the fitters the better.

Ken

Icon8

As shown
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Air bubble on P7000-image078.jpg  

All in Silver

Previously '01 206 GTi

Quote Originally Posted by Pug4eva
    As shown
    Looks exactly the same as mine did - should be a warranty job without a worry.

The tyre company reps that decide on the claim may try to get you to pay for part wear.. They did for me but when it came to the crunch they didnt make me pay As a result I now have a set of Eagle F1 GS-D3 boots on my car.
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

How old are the tyres? 7800kms since new? I'd expect that could have some bearing on whether or not they'll entertain the suggestion of it being a manufacturing problem, which you'd expect to show up reasonably early in a tyre's life, and in a pretty binary fashion. Don't want to cast any aspersions, and it could just be my sheltered upbringing , but I've only ever seen this symptom as a result of abuse -- after all, it's on the right side to have been caused by a kerb. Whatever the reason, for my money I'm certain I wouldn't be driving on it (well, not in my customary manner, anyway) ...
    MY15 208GTi

previously:
    MY10 Sportium HDi6 and 1.6L auto
    MY99 206GTi
    MY96 306XSi auto
    MY02 Clio 1.4L auto

1ére grenouille:
    MY5? Simca Aronde 90A

QUICK! MORE BREAD, MORE CIRCUSES!!

Well, the car was registered on 5th of May, so really today was its 4th month (And I have been o'seas for 6 weeks in June-July).

I am yet to put warranty into play, so will see what happens when I ring the dealer back in Melbourne and explain the situation, before heading to Melrose.

Last month, it was the RD3 turn, out of the blue it first made rattles everytime a CD was inserted. Then the next day it refused taking reading any CD's (it sounds as if the loading mechanism is failing).

I haven't taken the 180 onto any twisted roads as of yet, so I doubt if I have subjected its tyres to any abuse. As an indication, the rear set still has those little 'hairs'!!!!

All in Silver

Previously '01 206 GTi

Noticed it today on front left tire; it's not that bad, but then what could go wrong if I dont replace it?
    Should I get a replacement asap? Or wait until I rotate?

PS: 7800k's since new.

Have you checked to see if there is a nail or any other debri stuck near the bubble? Even if there is a nail and its removed the bubbling still remains and the tyre is weakend around that area.
    04' GTi 180

Given the age of the tyre, I would definitely be complaining long and hard about that sidewall delamination. I had one (P7000) do it in 2 spots on mine, but they were at 28k and were very close to needing replacement anyway.

I'd also be getting it replaced, pronto. It's a bit hard to repair a sidewall failure with a can of inflatey foam after all.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Swap the tyres over side to side - more ammo if they try to claim kerb damage (but its on the wrong side to kerb damge... )
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

Quote Originally Posted by Haakon
    Swap the tyres over side to side - more ammo if they try to claim kerb damage (but its on the wrong side to kerb damge... )
    They are directional tyres - they may be less inclined to do anything nice if one did that
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

I've always had to pay for a replacement with such damage. So you're recommending that you get a tyre distributor to check it out?
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

I've got a GTST presently sitting in my backyard that was launched over a traffic island after it was turned around pretty violently and landed front spoiler first on the kerbing at speed, that didn't have as much damage to its tyres as that one, so I think if they want to claim "kerbing" as an excuse, I'll send you a pic of this car and its tyres.

Alan S

Administrator

Although it is hard to tell on the photo, it looks as though the rim is scratched/damaged in close proximity to the tyre damage. It kinda looks like the mark that is left from a pinched tyre...

see below

If it is damaged you might have a bit of trouble claiming warranty.

A better pic might paint a clearer picture...

...I'll give the Melrose boys a good run when I rock up this week with a faulty CD player and the bubbled tyre.
    Melrose in Canberra?

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by mistareno
    Although it is hard to tell on the photo, it looks as though the rim is scratched/damaged in close proximity to the tyre damage. It kinda looks like the mark that is left from a pinched tyre...

see below

If it is damaged you might have a bit of trouble claiming warranty.

A better pic might paint a clearer picture...
    That's a rubber mark from the tyre, no marks whatsoever except on the other side

All in Silver

Previously '01 206 GTi

Quote Originally Posted by radioactiveman
    Melrose in Canberra?
    That's right! I'm in Canberra for couple months so no point driving back to Melbourne to get these warranty items checked

All in Silver

Previously '01 206 GTi

That's right! I'm in Canberra for couple months so no point driving back to Melbourne to get these warranty items checked

Absolutely!

Our car will be there on Thursday for an error code fault (side impact airbag warning light). Black 206Gti (2000). Next stop, the Dent King. Frikken inconsiderate shoppers.

Jamie
    Last edited by radioactiveman; 7th September 2005 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by radioactiveman
    Absolutely!

Our car will be there on Thursday for an error code fault (side impact airbag warning light). Black 206Gti (2000). Next stop, the Dent King. Frikken inconsiderate shoppers.

Jamie
    Booked in for Thursday as well!!!

All in Silver

Previously '01 206 GTi

Kerbed or not, I think they should still come to the party.
    These aren't what you call a cheap tyre and if "cheap" tyres can give a warranty against actual damage (as opposed to manufacturing defects) like these guys do on tyres as low as about $69 at times, then I see no reason why Pirelli shouldn't cover their product.

http://www.bobjane.com.au/Services/R...rdWarranty.asp

If the dealer knocks it back, then I'd be inclined to go see a Bob Jane outlet and try to make a claim via them as I'm pretty sure they are a Pirelli "preferred dealer."

Alan S

Kerbed or not, I think they should still come to the party.
    These aren't what you call a cheap tyre and if "cheap" tyres can give a warranty against actual damage (as opposed to manufacturing defects) like these guys do on tyres as low as about $69 at times, then I see no reason why Pirelli shouldn't cover their product.

http://www.bobjane.com.au/Services/R...rdWarranty.asp

If the dealer knocks it back, then I'd be inclined to go see a Bob Jane outlet and try to make a claim via them as I'm pretty sure they are a Pirelli "preferred dealer."

Alan S
    When this happened to the 307 XSi with the even more expensive Pirelli P Zero Rossos, the dealer wouldn't replace it under warranty. I guess it depends on the dealer and how much you want to kick and scream.
    - Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by GTI124
    When this happened to the 307 XSi with the even more expensive Pirelli P Zero Rossos, the dealer wouldn't replace it under warranty. I guess it depends on the dealer and how much you want to kick and scream.
    I would suggest a written opinion from a machinery examiner or RWC inspector, duly sent to the OFT would smarrtly alter a situation like that.

Alan S

I would suggest a written opinion from a machinery examiner or RWC inspector, duly sent to the OFT would smarrtly alter a situation like that.

Alan S
    Too late now... I've had this happen to quite a few tyres and the tyre shop has always said that there's nothing he can do. Main reason why I'd never recommend Avon in Australia in my tyre recommendations...
    - Lincoln

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information