Stolen Peugeot 505
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Icon4 Stolen Peugeot 505

Hey all,

Advertisement

Just last tuesday night I left my Pug parked in Mclachlan Street, Fortitude Valley Brisbane, at about 8:30pm and went to Dooley's Pub with some friends until about 1:00am the next morning. When I came out my car was nowhere to be seen.

I reported it to the police in brunswick street but have not had any luck finding it.

The details of the car are:

Silver 1981 Peugeot 505 GR
    NSW Rego plates: QGV-919
    Sedan
    Had a Gold exhaust tip, and an aussiefrogs sticker in rear window.

The car also contained alot of expensive items including: Cd player, amp, speakers, approximately 150 cd's, and clothes.

I dont really care if I dont get that stuff back, i'm only really interested in getting the car back if it has not been totally destroyed.

I was very disappointed after all the time, money, and effort I put into that car. And now it's all gone to waste.

If anyone has seen this car or hears anything regarding its whereabouts could you please contact me on: 0427-341-834 Otherwise please post up here.

Thanks you all,

Glen
    1981 505GR sedan - Work in Progress

Icon13

That sucks

Damm Arabs
    I ahve a steering lock for mine which I will be using more now

Eyes are peeled.
    i'll keep my eyes open.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Quote Originally Posted by HONG KONG PUGGY
    That sucks

Damm Arabs

Eyes are peeled.
    i'll keep my eyes open.
    What do you mean by "damm Arabs"? Since when do Arabs live in Brisbane anyway?

No need for Arab's to steal Pugs, since the middle east is already flooded with Pugs.
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

Expert 2.0L (2009)

Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

I sympathyse with you, its low to take ones 505. Knowing how hard it is to get in and start a 505 without the proper key, I hope they injured themselvs in the process - bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by Uga Boga
    What do you mean by "damm Arabs"? Since when do Arabs live in Brisbane anyway?

No need for Arab's to steal Pugs, since the middle east is already flooded with Pugs.
    Just a reference to an old thread here about a few people hassled by people when they were selling thier Pugs....they buy 504/05 and cut them up and send them back and we lose all our good Pugs here.
    Do a search it may still be around somewhere.

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Just a reference to an old thread here about a few people hassled by people when they were selling thier Pugs....they buy 504/05 and cut them up and send them back and we lose all our good Pugs here.
    Do a search it may still be around somewhere.

Need more of those Arabs in that case, they can clean up all the Poo-goe's littering our streets!
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

Expert 2.0L (2009)

Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Uga Boga

Need more of those Arabs in that case, they can clean up all the Poo-goe's littering our streets!
    Yeah, specifically the incorrectly badged ones... you know, the ones with the badges.

Sorry to hear about the theft. Hope you get the car back safely..
    Clint

Obsidian Black 206 RC (2004)
    Ferodo DS2500 Racing Pads
    Green Cotton Dynatwist Induction Kit
    OZ Superturismo WRC 16" wheels

Just a thought: there didn't happen to be a Peugeot dealer nearby?

Had a similar experience with a Saab in my pre-Frog years.

Parked it outside a pub near Melbourne Uni in the evening. High profile Saab dealership just down the road. Returned to find the car gone without trace. Reported it to police. Dropped in at high profile Saab dealership next day to ask if they'd noticed anything suspicious. They reply in the negative.

Lodge insurance claim, negotiate payout. Browse cars at same high profile Saab dealership occasionally when looking for replacement. Tell them the story of the dissapearance again.

Buy new Saab (elsewhere). Three months later, Carlton police phone to advise old Saab has been located. Where? In the back rooms of same high profile Saab dealership. I ring dealership, incredulous, and go tearing in.

Used car flunky grins feebly and waves strange keys - you must have left it for a service. No. Not my keys. They went back to the insurance company. Best excuse he could give was they'd assumed it was left for servicing, found a key that would open and start it, then left it, gathering dust, inside for three months before wondering why it hadn't been claimed. Invoices with my name and contact details are lying on the seats. I'd been within five metres of it when I'd come in asking questions. Flunky asks me to take it away. I tell him it's not my problem anymore - car belongs to insurance agency, and that he has a now has a problem with them, me and the police.

After informing Saab Australia and the Dealer Principal of my displeasure, we reached a settlement for the "removal" of my car. Insurance company sued them for all costs, etc. And I never park near dealerships anymore.
    1992 Citroen XM 2.0i Prestige 1989 Peugeot 205 GTI S2 (Little Red Car for sale) 1998 Volvo V70R AWD (Big Red Car)

nJm

That really is shocking, although I doubt a Peugeot dealership would be interested in something as old as a 505. When I first bought my 505 back in 2002 the main dealers told me they stopped supporting/servicing the 505 ages back.
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

1000+ Posts

Default That's incredible!

Quote Originally Posted by blomquvist
    Just a thought: there didn't happen to be a Peugeot dealer nearby?

Had a similar experience with a Saab in my pre-Frog years.

Parked it outside a pub near Melbourne Uni in the evening. High profile Saab dealership just down the road. Returned to find the car gone without trace. Reported it to police. Dropped in at high profile Saab dealership next day to ask if they'd noticed anything suspicious. They reply in the negative.

Lodge insurance claim, negotiate payout. Browse cars at same high profile Saab dealership occasionally when looking for replacement. Tell them the story of the dissapearance again.

Buy new Saab (elsewhere). Three months later, Carlton police phone to advise old Saab has been located. Where? In the back rooms of same high profile Saab dealership. I ring dealership, incredulous, and go tearing in.

Used car flunky grins feebly and waves strange keys - you must have left it for a service. No. Not my keys. They went back to the insurance company. Best excuse he could give was they'd assumed it was left for servicing, found a key that would open and start it, then left it, gathering dust, inside for three months before wondering why it hadn't been claimed. Invoices with my name and contact details are lying on the seats. I'd been within five metres of it when I'd come in asking questions. Flunky asks me to take it away. I tell him it's not my problem anymore - car belongs to insurance agency, and that he has a now has a problem with them, me and the police.

After informing Saab Australia and the Dealer Principal of my displeasure, we reached a settlement for the "removal" of my car. Insurance company sued them for all costs, etc. And I never park near dealerships anymore.
    Red faces all around a bit like many years ago now the South Melbourne rang another suburban police station asking they make discreet inquiries about a stolen and recovered motorcar that had been sitting outside the South Melbourne Police Station for six months and had been slowly stripped of most of its worthwhile parts.

The council had checked it as a reported abandoned car and turned up the information that it had been stolen and reported recovered on the same night and when the young constable attended at the home address of the owner and asked if his stolen car had been recovered, the owner while happy to hear of the car, had just two days before given up hope and bought another to replace it, red faces all around.

It does pay to check around yourself, but who would believe a dealership..... Glad suitable compensation was paid. (should have been a new saab!!)

Ken

Any defining features which would set it apart from other 505's (besides of course the rego number, just in case the plates are gone)? I don't go out to the valley very often, but I'll definitely keep an eye open for you around my area.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by 505 to the max
    Any defining features which would set it apart from other 505's (besides of course the rego number, just in case the plates are gone)? I don't go out to the valley very often, but I'll definitely keep an eye open for you around my area.
    Hope ya get it back in one piece.
    I've gotta get a locking petrol cap, wasn't such a worry before but now with the ^prices....

That sucks

Damm Arabs

Eyes are peeled.
    i'll keep my eyes open.
    What kind of steering lock do you have? If it's one of those that you hook on the ring of the wheel & then spread out(the kind that hits on the windsheild & or seat & make the car unsteerable) you might as well forget it, they get by those in a matter of seconds.

Scott

Default Stolen Pug.

Quote Originally Posted by supo
    What kind of steering lock do you have? If it's one of those that you hook on the ring of the wheel & then spread out(the kind that hits on the windsheild & or seat & make the car unsteerable) you might as well forget it, they get by those in a matter of seconds.

Scott
    Scott,
    To delay access to your steering wheel lock, fit it to the wheel with the key lock facing the screen.
    Should slow them up for a second or two!

Quote Originally Posted by supo

Scott
    More for the point of excess claim on insurance than anything. Most sterring lock companies will pay the excess if your car's stolen wearing said st/lock.
    Some insurance companies won't pay if you haven't tried to prevent theft in some way, either alarm/immobiliser or both. I haven't got either fitted to my PUG so that's the next best.
    No word yet PuGmAn??

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

that realy sucks dude.. most probably said one drunk man needing to get home,

althought if such was the case i suppose one woudl have found him asleep 2 blocks down the road curled up in those arm charis.

sorry to hear of your lose mate

Works: 1999 Volvo S40 T4, (has Choo Choo's)
    Playing: R12, SuperPos, thinks It's a race car.
    Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16
    Wanted Ye old K4J / K4M Click!

"More and more of less and less" - Marina Abramović

Nope, unfortunately it hasn't been found yet, it could be in the Brisbane river for all I know!

Anyway now i'm running around in a crappy $500 Ford laser until I can afford something a bit more flasher.

Thanks guys for your concern,

Glen

Quote Originally Posted by Wildebeest
    Scott,
    To delay access to your steering wheel lock, fit it to the wheel with the key lock facing the screen.
    Should slow them up for a second or two!
    Thieves don't attack the lock, they attack the weak part - the steering wheel, which is made of soft steel and plastic. They are designed to deform in an accident. It doesn't take a genius to work out how long a steering wheel lasts in the face of a battery powered angle grinder, bolt cutter or even a low tech hacksaw. Plus they are removable if you have the right tools.

If professional thieves want your car, they're going to get it. Junkies aren't interested in the car, they want your CDs and coins. The only people steering locks hamper in any way are first time joy riders. Unless this is a problem in your area, it's probably not worth the hassle of having a steering lock.

Steering locks simply don't work. If they did, car insurance companies would ask you the question and make it cheaper for you, like they do when you tell them your car has an immobilizer or alarm.

thanks,
    Andrew
    2003 C3 Exclusive Panoramique auto

Default Stolen 505 etc.

Andrew,
    As posted earlier, wheel locks may delay the villains for a few more seconds.
    Nothing, as you say will stop the pro's.

Alarms and immobilisers? My opinion from years in the trade and now. All they do is immobilise the owner, a b' nuisance

If I'm leaving my car out for any length of time, movies, restaurant etc I remove the distributor rotor. The same when I park up at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildebeest
    Andrew,
    As posted earlier, wheel locks may delay the villains for a few more seconds.
    Nothing, as you say will stop the pro's.

Alarms and immobilisers? My opinion from years in the trade and now. All they do is immobilise the owner, a b' nuisance

If I'm leaving my car out for any length of time, movies, restaurant etc I remove the distributor rotor. The same when I park up at home.
    A friend of mine who's an auto electrician said the best thing he knew of (besides regularly updating your alarm, which would get very costly) was to have a kill switch wired in somewhere, and install it in a really unusual part of the cabin or, ideally to put it in the boot, which is an inconvenience to the owner but also very time consuming for the f**kwits who help themselves.

I'm not sure of the validity of his info though because it still meant there was a possibility of someone hot wiring it and the kill switch would be instantly obsolete.

I read an article recently which gave supporting figures for car theft slowly being reduced, but car jackings were actually on the rise. (I think it might have been Open Road or similar). The figures were reported as being a direct result of car owners taking precautionary measures whenever possible, and also to manufacturers designing more secure cars.

I think that at the end of the day, as has already been said (not in these words of course) that if there's a will there's a way and we can only hope that theft will continue to decline. We can also hope that the festering mounds of warthog afterbirth who use the property of others to finance their habits end up dying slowly and painfully, and we can sleep soundly.

I think that you're right on the money WB, disconnect the dizzy or remove part of it and they'll go nowhere fast. Just a shame we have to make the effort to retain that which is already ours. We'll win one day!

[QUOTE=505 to the max]A friend of mine who's an auto electrician said the best thing he knew of (besides regularly updating your alarm, which would get very costly) was to have a kill switch wired in somewhere, and install it in a really unusual part of the cabin or, ideally to put it in the boot, which is an inconvenience to the owner but also very time consuming for the f**kwits who help themselves.

It is a good idea. A few years ago we bought a Kombi Camper and a few days after we bought it home and driving it at night I pushed the dipswitch on the floor-which is not normal in Kombi- but thought it had been put in as a cheaper way to fix a "stalk" problem. Everything went off-light engine etc.
    Rang previous owner who had put it in years before as a precaution when he left it outside his home.
    1986 Renault Fuego GTX
    1972 Mercedes Benz 280E
    1988 Nissan Trakka Campervan
    1972 VW Kombi

In business, words are words; explanations are explanations, promises are promises, but only performance is reality.
    Harold Ganeen.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PuGmAn
    Nope, unfortunately it hasn't been found yet, it could be in the Brisbane river for all I know!

Anyway now i'm running around in a crappy $500 Ford laser until I can afford something a bit more flasher.

Thanks guys for your concern,

Glen
    It may be a bit late now, but if you have seriel numbers for the CD player, make sure you report it missing to the police ASAP. That way, when all your stuff is inevitably taken to Cash Converters, they can track it. If you have not reported your stereo and CD's missing, go to any local cash convertors and see whats there.

I'm afraid I don't like your chances of getting your car back, chances of it being in an acceptable condition are likely to be even worse. But you may be able to get back those posessions.

Good Luck.

Tim.

Default Cds worth more?

Apart from the attachment that may have developed for the 505, would not 150 Cds be woth more than the car.
    Possibly you burned them yourself, but Cds are not cheap.
    I hope you get everything back but I doubt it.
    My BSA Thunderbolt was stolen in Perth in the late seventies without a clue.
    I was just about to start back home when it just wasn't there.
    Phil

24 year old car gets stolen and still not found? So sorry to you buddy. Hope it's not on its way to Arabia .....
    Last edited by okalford; 11th September 2005 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Typo

What a stroke of luck! After nearly 1 month of being missing, just last night the police station called me up saying that they have located my car in indooroopily, south brisbane

So I went down to have a look and to my surprise the body and mechanics of the car seem just how it was when I had it. The amplifier and cd's were taken but the cd player was left in tact.

I havent been able to start it yet as the battery needs a good charge up. Hopefully thats all it needs

Detectives are going to dust for fingerprints this afternoon so hopefully after that I will be able to get the old beast up and running again.

Thanks everyone for your help and concern,

Now I can go back to being an AF member again!

Cheers,

Glen

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information