Towed
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Towed

Tadpole

Default Towed

Just watched my Pug get towed away *sniff*. Going to get fixed so cant wait for that just suspicous about tow truck drivers theese days.

Advertisement

Last year had to get my vk calais towed from the side of the road, when i got it back the stereo was missing, covers off the electric windows, the front grill, MY FLOOR MATS, the cig litter and alot of little other bits. Tow truck driver said to my face none of it was there when he picked it up.

My mums camera, phone and little other bits mysteriously dematerialized while being towed ealier this year.

Now i know there are plenty of good tow tuck drivers out there, just sharing my experiences with them. Any one had any simmilar experiences?

1000+ Posts

Default Paye as you go

Quote Originally Posted by samhehyum
    Just watched my Pug get towed away *sniff*. Going to get fixed so cant wait for that just suspicous about tow truck drivers theese days.

Last year had to get my vk calais towed from the side of the road, when i got it back the stereo was missing, covers off the electric windows, the front grill, MY FLOOR MATS, the cig litter and alot of little other bits. Tow truck driver said to my face none of it was there when he picked it up.

My mums camera, phone and little other bits mysteriously dematerialized while being towed ealier this year.

Now i know there are plenty of good tow tuck drivers out there, just sharing my experiences with them. Any one had any simmilar experiences?

I guess that you get the type of employees that your salary attracts, if its low end, then so it is - But of course if your car was left beside a road for any length of time it doesn't take long for the vermin to rat it or the rats to find it!

Everyone seems to suspect the tow drivers, but in general they will ask you to remove any valuables either before its towed or on arrival at the yard (they have rats and vermin that get into car compounds too!)

I recall a big enquiry where the Tow truck drivers or alternatively the police (the ambulance drivers publicly checked there were no valuables with the deceased) were accused of stealing a dead mans wallet that was known to have contained a considerable sum of money prior to the accident.

Months later after some nasty accusations, the tow operators employees were cutting the wreck apart for scrap and found the wallet scrunched up in the bent metal of the dash where it had lodged due to the force of the accident.

When the wallet was returned to the family they didn't even have the grace to apologise to the persons they had so vehemently accused - but thats life.

Hope you have a better and positive result this time.

Fellow Frogger!

Default Towing the line

I spent several years working closely with tow truck drivers and found one that was dishonest. I made sure he never worked in our area again.

On the other hand i worked with some who were trying to improve the industry and its reputation.

About twenty years ago I bought my younger brother an old cortina for his first car and when I washed it it started to short out under the bonnet. I fixed up the wiring there and did what I could to make it all ok.

Two weks later he took it in for fuel at servo left and had just changed up into second gear when a gentleman decided to do a burn out down a side street in his V8 Holden. Not wanting to let a silly thing like a stop sign slow down his demo as his car was fishtailing he went thru still flat out accelerating.

The Cortina was struck on passenger side, it was sent thru a brick wall and impacted with a tree backwards. The towbar was pushed up to the diff. The fuel tank ruptured and filed the car with 50 ltrs of petrol. The holden still travelled along way before it too hit a tree. Now my brother was injured and trapped in the wreckage. A tow truck driver arrived and saw the passenger compartment covered in the fuel and disconnected the battery to reduce risk of fire in the car.

I think in this case knowing how I had seen this car short out in the wiring that this man may well have averted a disaster. I still think of this to this day when people lump them all in the same boat.

Graelin

Thread Information