So how was your weekend?
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default So how was your weekend?

I did a drive from Geelong to Apollo bay the back way through Colac. So much more fun than the Great Ocean Road, especially at 9pm on a Saturday as you don't get held up by caravans. Had to teach my little brother and his Prancer some respect. I didn't realise how much I had underestimated the 205 until I pushed it back up the hills the next day. I'm still grinning

Advertisement

So anyway, did anyone else take advantage of the beautiful weather?
    Series 1 205 Gti
    '54 VW Beetle (oval-window)
    '71 VW Beetle (big-window)

Beautiful drive on Sat through Kinglake to Healesville, twisity and winding roads great stuff!
    2007 VW Jetta 2.0 TDi 6sp manual

2001 VW Bora 4-Motion - flooded away
    1998 Peugeot 406 SV manual - Gone to Hail Heaven
    1994 Silver S16 - Gone
    1983 505 Sti - Gone to good home

Got in two nice drives in the Perth hills.
    One on Friday night after all the rain
    And another on Sunday morning.

cheers,
    Biologist
    ----------------
    A
    one Megane Family

I went for a quick blat up Putty Road on Sat morning in a 3.0 Z4. That was fun

I went for a 50km bike ride and washed my car...
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

I burned my hand on the exhaust manifold, while blocking off my heater circuit (previous owner bypassed the heater core - problem was at idle all the coolant would just follow this non restrictive circuit and would cause not enough flow through the radiator which neither cooled the engine nor made the cooling fans come on).
    With the circuit plugged all is well, yay i like it when my temps stay in the 90's.

Other than that worked on the house.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by ruckus
    I did a drive from Geelong to Apollo bay the back way through Colac. So much more fun than the Great Ocean Road, especially at 9pm on a Saturday as you don't get held up by caravans. Had to teach my little brother and his Prancer some respect. I didn't realise how much I had underestimated the 205 until I pushed it back up the hills the next day. I'm still grinning

Did you come up the Skenes rd?
    205gti

spent Saturday driving around bathurst on some wonderful closed roads, completely on the limit, loving every moment of it. Spun out on the top of Mount panorama thankfully didn't hit anything

Drove from Bondi to Palm Beach on Sunday, that was nice too, however a lot more sedate.
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

VIP Sponsor

Yes, did some suveying for the Ampol Rerun
    Drove to Stawell on Friday evening and stayed at the cheap motel at the Mobil Service station.
    Continued to Hopetoun next morning and destroyed a tire whilst listening to my CD of rally car sounds from the Group G era of the 70s and 80s!
    Bought a worn out 205/65 15 at Hopetoun, not a good match with the 195/65 15s but OK.
    Continued to the edge of Wyperfeld then across the middle of Lake Albacutya, dry!
    Then via the Amy Johnson highway to Nhill and on to Naracoorte to pick up a pair of 404 wagon struts for the new 404 rally car.
    Went to Lucindale to start some more route surveying, hit a Kangaroo, luckily with the RHS headlight, I have run out of RH ones for the 505.
    Down to Mount Gambier via Mt Burr and Glencoe.
    Saw a 203 panel van at Glencoe, the owner reckons he also has car no 141 from the 1953 Redex!
    Dinner at the Indian Restuarant in Mt Gambier, met a Peugeot owning friend from 28 years ago.
    Sunday morning checked out the SEAC park autocross track, this is fantastic, features a cross over like the Rally Australia super special. Drove via Nelson and Warnambool to Port Campbell. Handed out Ampol Rerun Supp Regs to Early Holden Club people.
    Set up some more rerun route to Camperdown. Checked out Mt Leura Hillclimb then drove to Lismore to check out scramble track. Drove to Lara via a route calculated by GPS.
    Checked out 403 at Lara then got home at 7-30pm.
    Not a bad weekend.
    Graham
    Last edited by GRAHAM WALLIS; 29th August 2005 at 06:31 PM.

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by casnell
    Did you come up the Skenes rd?
    Skenes Creek Rd is heaps better than The Ocean Road
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS
    Skenes Creek Rd is heaps better than The Ocean Road
    Graham
    sure is, , although I'd love to do wild dog rd as a closed SS
    205gti

on saturday i when to the Jenloan caves with my girlfriend it was a really good drive the only bad thing is that i got a speeding fine i was doing 87kms in a 70 zone the police man put me over and he give me a fine under 15kms which was very nice of him the 180 went like a rocket
    97`black 306 style sold JFN 306
    04 Black 206 GTI 180 JFN 180 FOR SALE
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by casnell
    sure is, , although I'd love to do wild dog rd as a closed SS
    In a 1972 Victorian Championship rally we did this, but not closed and it caused a hell of a stink with the local farmers!
    We also did the Great Ocean Road between Apollo Bay and Kennett River and the other way to Cape Horn (3 times).
    We also used Skenes Creek road twice and many other public thoroughfares including the main street of Beech Forest, all open to the public and without approval!! This was all at night so not as bad as it might have been.
    Whilst this event was probably the best rally ever run in this country it caused severe repercussions and the director spent weeks pacifying the locals.
    I navigated in an almost new and very well driven 1800 504, fantastic!
    Bob Watson should have won in the Renault Australia 504 except for a navigational blue, Peter Janson ran his red XU1 (Saggy Sarah, the veteran of many rallies including a couple of Southern Cross rallies in the hand of Barry Ferguson), which he later used to get started in touring car racing.
    The event was won by the recently deceased Gil Davis in his pink Mollison Motors XU1.
    An event of this nature would be unthinkable these days, it all seems like a dream now!
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS
    In a 1972 Victorian Championship rally we did this, but not closed and it caused a hell of a stink with the local farmers!
    We also did the Great Ocean Road between Apollo Bay and Kennett River and the other way to Cape Horn (3 times).
    We also used Skenes Creek road twice and many other public thoroughfares including the main street of Beech Forest, all open to the public and without approval!! This was all at night so not as bad as it might have been.
    Whilst this event was probably the best rally ever run in this country it caused severe repercussions and the director spent weeks pacifying the locals.
    I navigated in an almost new and very well driven 1800 504, fantastic!
    Bob Watson should have won in the Renault Australia 504 except for a navigational blue, Peter Janson ran his red XU1 (Saggy Sarah, the veteran of many rallies including a couple of Southern Cross rallies in the hand of Barry Ferguson), which he later used to get started in touring car racing.
    The event was won by the recently deceased Gil Davis in his pink Mollison Motors XU1.
    An event of this nature would be unthinkable these days, it all seems like a dream now!
    Graham
    In fact I do dream about doing those roads! How did you know!
    205gti

Went to the Marong Picnic run by the Federation of Veteran Vintage & Classic Vehicle Clubs. Not too many french cars there, although there was an early corrugated-bonnet 2CV and a Simca Vedette (pictured) which is for sale, I'm sure plenty of people here would be familiar with this car.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails So how was your weekend?-vedette1.jpg   So how was your weekend?-vedette2.jpg  

Icon12

Sounds like Graham win the award for the most action packed weekend!

I absolutely made the best of the weather by going on the aussie frogs/ozrenault sport run, blatting through healesville & reefton!
    fabulous day & great company!!!
    I swear..more aussie froggers should have come on this one..as you missed an absolutely top day & a hell of a lot of priceless moments!!

Aus
    Aus
    ".....the good health of a pond is held in a delicate balance. A pond's condition
    deteriorates when the bottom environment cannot support animal life.
    The bottom is the area that runs out of oxygen first, it is where the most oxygen is used........"

'84 fuego GTX
    '87 fuego GTX
    '85 fuego GTX
    ....beginning to look a bit frightning isn't it.

this weekend? well... yesterday i lazed around doing uni work, and today i went to airport to get rid of my sister for 9weeks gotta love Europe!
    2013 Megane RS 265 Trophy

spent a quiet weekend wit 'roses', (warwick's daughter)

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

i drove to west wyalong and back twice and returned around 25mpg in the 604 and worked all weekend

so about a 600km weekend

other than that nothing
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

Wow Graham I hope you weren't paying for the petrol!

Yeah Skenes Creek Road it was. If anyone wants to aquaint themselves with the finer points of their Gaullic handling this would be one run not to miss. It just keeps going on and on and on....
    Series 1 205 Gti
    '54 VW Beetle (oval-window)
    '71 VW Beetle (big-window)

Eating through my P6000s around Bell St Maccas!!

The back way to Apollo Bay is fricken awesome. Don't get held up by tourists and the corners are just as good. Rach and I did this drive in separate cars a while back. We were caning it up from Skenes creek when we came across a P plater really giving his corolla a workout. We were on his rear bumper driving real fierce and he had to concede and pull over. As we passed him he gave us both a thumbs up and he disappeared in my raer vision mirror.

As for my weekend, well, mowed the lawn, cleaned the house and went out Saturday night.... needless to say Sunday was spent mostly asleep.
    The AWARD WINNING 1998 Blaze Yellow 306 GTi6

......and a Series 3 205GTi on the side.

"I enjoy telling people what to do, because I am an arrogant rock star. That's what I do. That's my job." Gene Simmons, ROCK SCHOOL.

Quote Originally Posted by purrr-geot
    spent a quiet weekend wit 'roses', (warwick's daughter)
    You went to Norway?

Yeah Skenes Creek Road it was. If anyone wants to aquaint themselves with the finer points of their Gaullic handling this would be one run not to miss. It just keeps going on and on and on....
    Reefton Spur's better

Had a good weekend - had lunch with a friend from New York, went to a German DVD night and cycled to the bay on a beautiful day (and that rhymes too!)

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Quote Originally Posted by jfn180
    on saturday i when to the Jenloan caves with my girlfriend it was a really good drive the only bad thing is that i got a speeding fine i was doing 87kms in a 70 zone the police man put me over and he give me a fine under 15kms which was very nice of him the 180 went like a rocket

I went there start of this year with my now ex-g, the drive to the caves was amazing when we went in to the cave, all i could think about was the drive back to the hotel.
    lucky there was no cops too, I was going at much faster speeds than you were
    ps. that was mid week so no other cars on the road...

pps. anyone know whats wrong with the ozrs.com site, seems to have exceeded the bandwidth. when will it be available?

1000+ Posts

On Saturday, caught up with a friend who has spent that last 10mths travelling from Poland to China via the middle east, and all the old soviet block countries (the 'stans). A few good stories there.... (In Iran: "Hey, why don't you come back to my place. We can drink tea and watch my complete VCD collection with ALL of Osama Bin Ladens speeches").

On Sunday a couple of friends and I installed new rear speakers in my car. It was an absurdly complicated operation. It involved removing the rear seats (all the cushions), centre mount brake light and the whole parcel shelf. Then, the new speakers would'nt fit (were too small) in the stupid bracket things the stock speakers sat in. So we enlisted an angle grinder. All sorted now, but took about 4hrs!

VIP Sponsor

Wow Graham I hope you weren't paying for the petrol!

About 2.5 tankfulls the ZDJL is pretty economical.
    Graham

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information