City cruisers on friday saturday night... God I hate em!
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 29
  1. #1
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    526

    Default City cruisers on friday saturday night... God I hate em!

    Time for another rant!

    What is it with the tossers that go cruising in the city on friday/saturday nights. Revving their cars and trying to get from one set of lights to the other as fast as possible. All the tossers are doing is increasing congestion in the alrerady busy city! George street practically grinds to halt. And to make it worse I saw a silver gti180 their last night doing the laps at about 11pm near the hilton (you know who you are) .... .AAARRG!!!! I feel that the peugeot name has been tainted in the hands of some undeserving individuals!!!

    So fellow frenchofiles feel free to release you angst on this matter in this thread!

    Advertisement
    Bad_Karma

    "The great philisopher Bashra once said... A flute without holes is not a flute, a donut without a hole is a danish" Ty Webb, Pro Golfer, CaddyShack

  2. #2
    Tadpole 182polo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    27

    Default

    As bad as you might feel, its always been like that and will be in the future.
    Its like a competition for them on who has the loudest sound system and who's car farts the loudest.
    Oh and specially who can grab the most attention from everyone around.

    shame really....



  3. #3
    Fellow Frogger! ajpolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Launceston, Tasmania
    Posts
    291

    Default

    At least I now know it's not just a local phenomena...
    Current:
    1999 406SV (D8)
    Previous:
    1986 BX19GT

  4. #4
    Fellow Frogger! ajpolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Launceston, Tasmania
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 182polo
    As bad as you might feel, its always been like that and will be in the future.
    Its like a competition for them on who has the loudest sound system and who's car farts the loudest.
    Oh and specially who can grab the most attention from everyone around.

    shame really....


    Additionally, at least down here it's seems like a competition to fit the most expensive wheels to the crappiest car. And what's with those spinning wheely things anyway?
    Current:
    1999 406SV (D8)
    Previous:
    1986 BX19GT

  5. #5
    al
    al is offline
    1000+ Posts al's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    melbourne
    Posts
    2,012

    Default

    Along similar lines, i was in safeway at about 6pm yesterday and a couple of guys pull up in their fully hektik VL... One of them comes in to get some things, while the other sits there and cranks his beats up so loud they can be heard throughout the supermarket... As soon as i walked outside the quality of the sound became pretty clear - all you could hear were bits of rattling car...

    I know that i was impressed...
    405 Mi16 - Sold - Now back
    205 Mi16
    505 GTi

  6. #6
    Fellow Frogger! DejaVu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Croydon, Melbourne
    Posts
    693

    Default

    rule of thumb... when you start getting boot rattle, turn your gain down, and the volume too!

    but yes, as much as i like loud music... i dont think everyone else doesnt need to hear it.

    i love abit of city cruising... but i do it on weeknights at about 3am when i am bored and cant sleep. the city is dead then. Chap laps isnt my idea of a good time...
    2013 Megane RS 265 Trophy

  7. #7
    Fellow Frogger! 505 to the max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Newcastle suffered a similar infestation of 'lappers' and idiots behaving anti-socially. The amusing aspect of this situation was that they all used to park along the foreshore and quietly comment on each others' cars, rather than a car day environment where everyone chats with everyone. They were always complaining that the Police were targeting them (defects and sound polution fines were commonplace).
    The icing on the cake was the 'mini truck' drivers (see also: 2 x 4 Hilux or Rodeo) who used to park along a main road and then literally set up camp in the trays of their utes!
    I've always maintained the point that driving aggressively in built up areas is asking for trouble, and not just from Police. I'd much rather enjoy destroying some tyres on corners miles from anywhere so if anything does happen it only effects me.
    As for music, if they were really serious about performance (which some of them are quite obviously not, Excel drivers for instance) they would ditch the luxuries and enjoy the weight saving.

  8. #8
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,160

    Default

    yeah i do the city thing very rarely, just cause its nice to drive through the city & have a look, nice crisp air... then the inevitable entry onto the harbour bridge from the Cahill...
    its about 12 seconds of "35km/h" action... YUM!

  9. #9
    al
    al is offline
    1000+ Posts al's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    melbourne
    Posts
    2,012

    Default

    I had the misfortune of being stuck in batemans bay for about 19 hours once... That was plenty... As soon as the sun goes down the nasty bogans and their horrible hairy girlfriends come out...

    Actually, Mt Gambier probably gives batemans a run for its money - lots of undesirables doing laps in their pos aussie excuses for cars...
    405 Mi16 - Sold - Now back
    205 Mi16
    505 GTi

  10. #10
    1000+ Posts HONG KONG PUGGY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Yarrabilba, Queensland
    Posts
    2,754

    Default

    We were in a central NSW town a few years back(one with zoo) and the nobs were doing laps of the centre of town in the daytime...and yes they were ALL commodes and holden utes.WTf...






    note....it was a NSW town
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200



    Previous

    2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10





    "When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

  11. #11
    1000+ Posts bowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Sydney, Concord City, Sir.
    Posts
    3,286

    Default

    dont try and pretent that QLD dont suffer the same fait

    Ive been around your CBD, oh and more importantly this little mountain pass, oh gord i cant even remember the name of the place.. all these ricy cars running around on av-gas etc, oh man.. you all know the place..

    but yeah ya freekin hoons!

    Works: 1999 Volvo S40 T4, (has Choo Choo's)
    Playing: R12, SuperPos, thinks It's a race car.
    Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16
    Wanted Ye old K4J / K4M Click!

    "More and more of less and less" - Marina Abramović

  12. #12
    Fellow Frogger! crosspug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by al
    As soon as i walked outside the quality of the sound became pretty clear - all you could hear were bits of rattling car...

    I know that i was impressed...
    My girlfriend had a workmate who commented that the rattling was a sign of a top end system installed in a car..........




    Once she composed herself (from pi$$ing herself laughing), she in her subtle way she told him (ie she commented loudly to onlookers) how much of an AR$E he was and that he should try boasting to people who don't know anything about cars and how bad the build quality was on a VN..........

    5052dMAX I love the foreshore of Newcastle , but the best is Singo'. I had an SES assessment there yesterday. There was ute's everywhere!!! All lighting it up as they went past a particular corner. Flano' country at its best
    1989 BX16Valve

    "Resting" 1983 505 STi

  13. #13
    UFO
    UFO is offline
    CitroŽn Tragic UFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Gerringong, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    9,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HONG KONG PUGGY
    We were in a central NSW town a few years back(one with zoo) and the nobs were doing laps of the centre of town in the daytime...and yes they were ALL commodes and holden utes.WTf...






    note....it was a NSW town
    (this could be read with a David Attenborough voice if you like)

    What you were experiencing there was a genetic birth mutation called dubbodickheadiensis. It usually mutates soon after birth due to some strange bacteria that is found in the water supply and can cross all barriers - even breast feeding. It takes years to complete its mutation and usually by the age of about 14 it starts to make its first appearance.

    This is usually when the young sufferer of this mutation can be seen in Macquarie or Talbragar Sts on Saddy arvo watchin' all those cool dudes in their utes doing lapsothemain. It used to be much cooler until those mongrels at the council put in those poofy speed humps in front of Riverdale and Dubbo City Centre.

    When the sufferer becomes legally old enough (according to birth certificate, not a form of testing) they then start their long path of self destruction by buying their first car. Usually some old piece of shite that has done so many lapsothemain that it is about to fall apart. The sufferers gather together in these cars and the herd migrates endlessly up and down the afore mentioned streets in an aimless and completely pointless pattern.

    Their are occassional detours to feeding holes such as Maccas in Cobra St or the nearest Kebab van, or if old enough, the Commercial (Brisbane St - see there is a connection...), Amaroo (Macquarie St) or even the Western Star (North Dubbo)

    When they get a bit older still, they progress to buying a ute and attending B&S Balls and doing circle work, but that topic we will cover in next week's exciting episode.

    How do I know all this? Well, I was born there (and carefully avoided the bacterial infection thanks to zealous protection from the tribal parents) and mostly grew up there. I escaped some 17 years ago.

    Mind you, I will be back there next weekend....

    Next year's Cit In in Dubbo will be the opportunity to show the boys how to cruise the main in style and comfort!
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

  14. #14
    Fellow Frogger! Industrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Brisbane Australia
    Posts
    635

    Default

    Yeah, doing the laps with a herd of riced up cars isn't my thing, but I do often just head out for a drive around the city & I can be seen occasionally giving it a bit at the traffic lights (not racing, although I have been guilty of it in the past). Bad, I know, but there's not many places I can go late at night to give the car a go. To be honest, i've slowed down a lot & I now tend to try to find roads where there are a few twisties because straight line speed is not overly enjoyable. Taking off can be though, up to a point. I don't get far enough over the speed limit to get into trouble.

    As for the guys who do the laps, I don't give them a go. They're generally young, don't know the limits of their cars and have no fear because they haven't learnt a lesson yet. I don't want to be the person who encourages them to do something that they're not able to handle. But, as long as what they're doing isn't affecting my enjoyment of the roads, I say live & let live. Just because it's something that I'm not into doesn't give me the right to make judgement. I don't own the road & neither does anyone else here. The priviledge of using the roads isn't yours alone.

  15. #15
    1000+ Posts jo proffi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    8,359

    Default parading rice

    I love it,sorry. Where else can i walk ouside to have a ciggy, and have a parade of show cars that would normaly require me to pay money for.The only draw back for me is when the authorities change the parking rules around the rocks,and I have trouble loading out after a job as its all no stopping now. I see sydney/Australia turning into nannasville,and anything that sticks it up em,will get my vote of approval.If the local residents dont like it,tough. move to the country where they can have as much peace and quiet as money can buy.
    Cheers,noisy Jo

  16. #16
    1000+ Posts edgedweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CLARE SA
    Posts
    2,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UFO
    (this could be read with a David Attenborough voice if you like)

    What you were experiencing there was a genetic birth mutation called dubbodickheadiensis. It usually mutates soon after birth due to some strange bacteria that is found in the water supply and can cross all barriers - even breast feeding. It takes years to complete its mutation and usually by the age of about 14 it starts to make its first appearance.

    This is usually when the young sufferer of this mutation can be seen in Macquarie or Talbragar Sts on Saddy arvo watchin' all those cool dudes in their utes doing lapsothemain. It used to be much cooler until those mongrels at the council put in those poofy speed humps in front of Riverdale and Dubbo City Centre.

    When the sufferer becomes legally old enough (according to birth certificate, not a form of testing) they then start their long path of self destruction by buying their first car. Usually some old piece of shite that has done so many lapsothemain that it is about to fall apart. The sufferers gather together in these cars and the herd migrates endlessly up and down the afore mentioned streets in an aimless and completely pointless pattern.

    Their are occassional detours to feeding holes such as Maccas in Cobra St or the nearest Kebab van, or if old enough, the Commercial (Brisbane St - see there is a connection...), Amaroo (Macquarie St) or even the Western Star (North Dubbo)

    When they get a bit older still, they progress to buying a ute and attending B&S Balls and doing circle work, but that topic we will cover in next week's exciting episode.

    How do I know all this? Well, I was born there (and carefully avoided the bacterial infection thanks to zealous protection from the tribal parents) and mostly grew up there. I escaped some 17 years ago.

    Mind you, I will be back there next weekend....

    Next year's Cit In in Dubbo will be the opportunity to show the boys how to cruise the main in style and comfort!
    Just in time to be tarred and feathered, eh UFO.


    Good luck ed ge

  17. #17
    Good Sport danielsydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    4,917

    Default

    You should all visit Tasmania and all those one way streets down there. After dark they are literally turned into mini race tracks....

  18. #18
    Fellow Frogger! ajpolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Launceston, Tasmania
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney
    You should all visit Tasmania and all those one way streets down there. After dark they are literally turned into mini race tracks....
    Got that right - launceston has so many multilaned one-way streets its like a maze, you've really got to know which lane you need to be in, but I suppose that adds to he fun. Believe me, many times i've seen dunny-dores pull up side by side at an intersection, someone hop out in between them, and wave his arms in a signal they obviously interpret as GO!, leaving the "race" starter in the middle of the street.
    Current:
    1999 406SV (D8)
    Previous:
    1986 BX19GT

  19. #19
    Fellow Frogger! MR604's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bathurst
    Posts
    946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UFO
    (this could be read with a David Attenborough voice if you like)

    What you were experiencing there was a genetic birth mutation called dubbodickheadiensis. It usually mutates soon after birth due to some strange bacteria that is found in the water supply and can cross all barriers - even breast feeding. It takes years to complete its mutation and usually by the age of about 14 it starts to make its first appearance.

    This is usually when the young sufferer of this mutation can be seen in Macquarie or Talbragar Sts on Saddy arvo watchin' all those cool dudes in their utes doing lapsothemain. It used to be much cooler until those mongrels at the council put in those poofy speed humps in front of Riverdale and Dubbo City Centre.

    When the sufferer becomes legally old enough (according to birth certificate, not a form of testing) they then start their long path of self destruction by buying their first car. Usually some old piece of shite that has done so many lapsothemain that it is about to fall apart. The sufferers gather together in these cars and the herd migrates endlessly up and down the afore mentioned streets in an aimless and completely pointless pattern.

    Their are occassional detours to feeding holes such as Maccas in Cobra St or the nearest Kebab van, or if old enough, the Commercial (Brisbane St - see there is a connection...), Amaroo (Macquarie St) or even the Western Star (North Dubbo)

    When they get a bit older still, they progress to buying a ute and attending B&S Balls and doing circle work, but that topic we will cover in next week's exciting episode.

    How do I know all this? Well, I was born there (and carefully avoided the bacterial infection thanks to zealous protection from the tribal parents) and mostly grew up there. I escaped some 17 years ago.

    Mind you, I will be back there next weekend....

    Next year's Cit In in Dubbo will be the opportunity to show the boys how to cruise the main in style and comfort!
    The last couple of times I've been to Dubbo I've been able to witness this spectacle. Up the street, down the street. Doof doof doof.

    My favourites are the ones with turbos who give it a bootful in first gear to get the BOV going

    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila. - Mitch Radcliffe

  20. #20
    Fellow Frogger! 505 to the max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MR604
    The last couple of times I've been to Dubbo I've been able to witness this spectacle. Up the street, down the street. Doof doof doof.

    My favourites are the ones with turbos who give it a bootful in first gear to get the BOV going

    Even though I drive a turbo'd Pug, I don't find show off valves at all appealing in terms of sound. Quite the opposite really, especially considering potential legal ramifications. I am looking forward to a few quick shifts 'at the lights' next to a bogan delivery module though, (see also: VN Commodore) with the anti-lag crackling away!
    I don't think I'll ever understand the doof doof phenomenon. Am I missing something here? Or could it be that these simpletons have no other effective way in which to attract attention which they crave in order to feel needed, important, or even integrated. Am I on the right track?
    Chris.

  21. #21
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi
    If the local residents dont like it,tough. move to the country where they can have as much peace and quiet as money can buy.
    Cheers,noisy Jo
    I sorta can't see your logic why should the locals move? Why don't the cruisers keep it in their own neighbourhood and in anyone elses. It's not as if these cruisers live in the area and congregate. They come from greenacre/bankstown/lakemba/(feel free to add your ghetto here). I would be pissed off as well if I had paid a million bucks for an apartment only to have my friday evening quiet rest stuffed up by a bunch of mongs who hang around their cars because their local macca's car park is full.
    Bad_Karma

    "The great philisopher Bashra once said... A flute without holes is not a flute, a donut without a hole is a danish" Ty Webb, Pro Golfer, CaddyShack

  22. #22
    1000+ Posts CHRI'S16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,298

    Default

    I often leave work late on a friday night and run into the "bros" and their too hektik mates, their either all former customers of mine or bloddy Fastfours/hotfours/streetcomo's wanabee cars.
    Coz I'm a hooligan I lurv splittin lanes in my ducati (my bike is loud on par with Harleys) ever so slowly in first and my exhaust baffling, spitting and flaming everynow and then, wanna see a bunch of ricers jump! haha... scares the shit ut of em, and coz a loud bike is associated with bikers they don't say peep!... plus the fact that they know in a quick blat id leave em for dead. - Chris
    ... ptui!

  23. #23
    Fellow Frogger! 505 to the max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CHRI'S16
    I often leave work late on a friday night and run into the "bros" and their too hektik mates, their either all former customers of mine or bloddy Fastfours/hotfours/streetcomo's wanabee cars.
    Coz I'm a hooligan I lurv splittin lanes in my ducati (my bike is loud on par with Harleys) ever so slowly in first and my exhaust baffling, spitting and flaming everynow and then, wanna see a bunch of ricers jump! haha... scares the shit ut of em, and coz a loud bike is associated with bikers they don't say peep!... plus the fact that they know in a quick blat id leave em for dead. - Chris
    I've followed a friend of mine on his R1 a while ago and he toyed with me momentarily and then before I knew it he was on the back wheel, doing what I assume was at least 180km/h in an 80 zone. Very, very quick!

    He did however mention that an old R100 with an enormous fridge bulging out of the front bar gave him more than a run for his money one cool winters' night...
    Chris.

  24. #24
    Fellow Frogger! Dr_Pug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bad_karma
    Why don't the cruisers keep it in their own neighbourhood and in anyone elses. It's not as if these cruisers live in the area and congregate.
    Because there is no fun in congregating in there own area, they need to be able to show it off to the world. Whats funny is if most of these lebofied cars spent as much money on the actual motor as they spent on car audio and other exterior mods, they could honestly say i got quick car, instead of a DOUF DOUF, glow in the dark, tail wing of a cesnar, 2 cm off the floor cut spring job, 3 inch tip that sounds fast but goes slow.

    Long gone are the days where we used to meet up around dino's, alexandria and enfield factories, where guys had actual performance mods got out talked to one another and raced (although illegal) it never bothered anyone, as it was an industrial zone.
    Last edited by WRC180; 2nd September 2005 at 11:35 AM.
    04' GTi 180

  25. #25
    1000+ Posts bowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Sydney, Concord City, Sir.
    Posts
    3,286

    Default

    oh that still goes on


    but i must say.. when ever i drive around macas, i pull my choke on to make everyone think im running a realy big cam

    Works: 1999 Volvo S40 T4, (has Choo Choo's)
    Playing: R12, SuperPos, thinks It's a race car.
    Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16
    Wanted Ye old K4J / K4M Click!

    "More and more of less and less" - Marina Abramović

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •