Some Renault Business Related Questions
  • Register
  • Help

Default Some Renault Business Related Questions

hey guys and girls,

im reaching out for some froggers help here...

im doing an eCommerce essay involving the automotive industry, and i basically chose to focus on Renault, and their Business to Business relations with other companies, like Nissan and Volvo. basically, i know about the Renault/Nissan alliance and the Renault/Volvo truck alliance.

but im more interested in understanding how they trade with each other, and how they transfer documentation/data between organisations, and any other ways they trade. also the level of integration between traditional purchasing, financial, accounting, and production and newer eCommerce technologies.

Advertisement

if you have any information regarding how they do business with each other, or even any information how they did business before their alliances, i would be greatful. links, stories, general discussion all would help

Cheers
    Paul.
    2013 Megane RS 265 Trophy

1000+ Posts

Default Best research

Quote Originally Posted by DejaVu
    hey guys and girls,

im reaching out for some froggers help here...

im doing an eCommerce essay involving the automotive industry, and i basically chose to focus on Renault, and their Business to Business relations with other companies, like Nissan and Volvo. basically, i know about the Renault/Nissan alliance and the Renault/Volvo truck alliance.

but im more interested in understanding how they trade with each other, and how they transfer documentation/data between organisations, and any other ways they trade. also the level of integration between traditional purchasing, financial, accounting, and production and newer eCommerce technologies.

if you have any information regarding how they do business with each other, or even any information how they did business before their alliances, i would be greatful. links, stories, general discussion all would help

Cheers
    Paul.
    Paul I suggest that you search the internet for background material, check in the libraries, do some company searches and try and identify key players and personalities. Do an outline of the company interstructuring, capitalisation and develop an overlay of the existing automotive infrastructure in the prospective markets. Then do a time line so you understand exactly where all events occurred or were developed.

Having this good clear basic knowledge will be helpful to make you work meaningful, don't just look for the contraversial quicky stuff, that sort of writing is usually pretty superficial.

The final stage is to write to the companies or individuals concerned and explain what you are trying to do and ask for permission to do some personal interviews.

If you can't get those interviews and have intelligent and relevant information to put to them, you will get all the information you need for a top class essay that can later be expanded into a full blown research project if you wish.

the interviews themselves will blow your lecturers minds anyway, they would expect the usual superficial quick fix crap.

Ken

cheers ken, ive already had a look around the net found some decent stuff too, its just a little daunting to be writing essays again... havent done one in years, since year12.

im an IT student... 3000word essays scare me but ill take what you said onboard as i want it to be decent as its worth 20% of the subject

1000+ Posts

DejaVu, good luck with it all... but i think you'll struggle to get some time from people down there in Head Office. They're all just so flat out!

We've got some contacts through the RCCA, so if you were to write the article "for the RCCA" and let us publish it in the next hub (it'd be great to have some understanding of what goes one), i'll speak with Ted (the pres) & see if he can give the marketing guy a call & make it happen...

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by nate
    What do you think?
    well, ill see how i go... but im not promising anything ill let you know

1000+ Posts

Given there has been so much material published post the Nissan takeover, there will no doubt be a lot of shit to sift through.

Much of the Nissan revival was due to reforms to purchasing and alliances with suppliers. They have totally changed the Japanese "keiretsu" way of doing business. Its pretty interesting, but might be a bit heavy for a 3000 word essay? Also, I'm not exactly sure hoe relevent this all is to eCommerce?

What about Just-In-Time manufacturing? I'm sure eCommerce would come into that? I know Toyota USA set up their own weather bureau (integrated to their Sat Nav of truck/ship/rail locations) so they could predict delays for shipments to their production lines due to weather conditions, for example...

Your at Monash right? Can always use the ordinary searches there too I guess if you have not already (through the library online).

you have pretty much nailed what ill be writing in my essay, without going into the "keiretsu" way.

the essay mainly is trying to get us to understand how some organisations within a particular industry are doing in terms of eCommerce, and how they are using Commerce to interact with their customers and business partners.

our subject defines eCommerce as a very broad topic, and we are focusing more on the Business-to-Business relations at the moment. given its only 3000 words, and i have to cover 3 organisations, i wont be going into any great detail on the intricate details of it all, just giving my understanding and presenting the facts.

You mentioned JIT (just in time), and yeah ill be encorporating some of that into my essay, but also stuff like how they move data, share data/parts/knowledge using 3rd party organisations like ENXO, Renault.SITE and processes like EDI, and the likes.

im at swinburne, and ive already had a quick look at the resources they had there. but it looks like i already had most of that info.

I would strongly recommend that you have a look at
    Operations Management, Heizer & Render
    Sixth or Seventh edition
    the ISBN For 6th: 013018604X

It has a very good section (over 4 chapters) about E-commerce.
    The book is excpetionally rich with case studies, and is great fun to read (although it looks like a thick folio).

In Australia: 05 206 GTi 180 and '97 406 v6
    In Lebanon: 09 C3 Exclusive

All in Silver

Previously '01 206 GTi

Thread Information