24v PRV??
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 24v PRV??

Default 24v PRV??

i only say as much as flicking through that 504 cc restoration in Aussy Classic Car, i noticed that number divisible by 4 written across the rocker cover of its donk..

For some reason i always assumed that the prv was a simple 2v per cylinder job! This whole time an extra 2 have been sitting in the head eagerly awaiting burnt dinosaur's to return to the earth once again all around them?

Advertisement

If at all its a PRV v6 in there as well of course.. Can someone confirm clarify, poke fun at if necessary?

Works: 1999 Volvo S40 T4, (has Choo Choo's)
    Playing: R12, SuperPos, thinks It's a race car.
    Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16
    Wanted Ye old K4J / K4M Click!

"More and more of less and less" - Marina Abramović

That was the upgrade the engine got for the 605, IIRC...

There were earlier 4-valve experiments, unfortunately a friend of mine (?) threw out my slides taken at Le Mans in 1981, where bog standard 604 crankcase, cranks and rods were used below 4-valve heads and between fat turbochargers in the fastest cars in the race... the WM Peugeots.

By the way, what do you think of that magazine overall? I've just started writing for it and I've noted a couple of things already.

Only some of the 605s got the 24V engine, and I also believe some of the XMs also got it. The 605s sold in Australia are only 12V models. GTA Alpines are also only 12V, but that is why BOOST was invented.
    '56 Renault 750 (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    '08 Renault Megane sedan

The 90 degree 24 valve V6 is ZPJ4, don't ask how I know a Peugeot engine code :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell
    By the way, what do you think of that magazine overall?
    I've never been able to actually buy the magazine because I rarely see the value for money in it for the one or two pages of an article that I'm interested in. It sometimes gets read at the news stand, when I buy other mags, if there is something on the cover of interest. There seem to be one or two good writers of those occasional articles, so I suppose the standard can only improve from where they are in my perception!

I can understand that point of view, Simon...

Looking through the latest copy here, I'm interested in the 504 Cabriolet story, intrigued by the story on the '37 Dodge 'Country Tourer' and amused by some of the detail in the story about the two Valiants.

I'm sure there's other stuff in it worth reading... but I can also see that if you got an issue full of XU-1s or FJs you'd soon tire of it.

Nevertheless, that must be a large part of the market for an Australian magazine. I certainly think the first story I'm doing for them will be interesting enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell
    I can understand that point of view, Simon...

I'm sure there's other stuff in it worth reading... but I can also see that if you got an issue full of XU-1s or FJs you'd soon tire of it.
    I'm a sucker for all cars, and if the story is interesting to read, and well written then I don't mind if it is about an XU1, Valiant Pacer or Zundapp Janus. It helps place the cars that I am interested in in perspective.

The thing I don't like is obvious poor research or knowledge combined with poor fuzzy photos.

I won't go into details of what I found so strange, but I would like to think that this issue is just a poor example of what they have to offer...

actually over all i must confess i love looking through the for sales on the back , only i assume because my father has somehow convinced my unconscious that anything after 1985 is a waste of time and space. I sadly realy have a bad addiction to old motor vechiles.. but im selectively old.. only between 1960 and 1985 Must seem post-moden realisticly to some of you

Either which way, the mag does read more conservative as modern motor mags, but thanfully that is suspected and forgiven. is allways bothersoom to see X writter get all excitted by the "Washing Drying magicall 100hp X motor has" all good fun tho

Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16

You'll be a sucker for a good 404 if you ever get to drive one then!

Especially one fitted with a 2-litre engine and with an overdrive top gear...

im sure i would.

my first actually pug experience was with a 404.. i was with my dad at a rally and some bloke turned up with a nice shiny 404..

everyone was lauging at the pore bloke, had to ask what was going on and the comments were.. he thinks he can race in a boat.. bahahah etc etc

So anyway he went on to win it... Convincingly.. took all the initial smart arse comments in his stride and that was that . everyone best of mates begging for a stear of his boat after that.

Thread Information