Wheels vs Motor
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Wheels vs Motor

Fellow Frogger!

Default Wheels vs Motor

Which is the best magazine to buy?

I don't know heaps about wheels but the couple of MOTOR i have read the journalism seems slightly brief and more "storylike" than full of technical reasoning and descriptions.

Advertisement
    1984 505 STI

Quote Originally Posted by lunchcutter
    Which is the best magazine to buy?

I don't know heaps about wheels but the couple of MOTOR i have read the journalism seems slightly brief and more "storylike" than full of technical reasoning and descriptions.
    Out of the two I'll get wheels. But if its up to me I will always go for UK mag such as "CAR" and "EVO" first then wheels if they have some good cars in it I like to read about. "CAR" simply has the best photography as well as good journalism. "EVO" is more sport car ordinated.

However, if you are planning to get a mag as research material for a new car, you really need to get a aussie car mag, cause our roads are different from those in europe, so its always good to get a good perspective from our road tester.

MOTOR promotes itself as a performance car orientated magazine, where as Wheels tends to cover motoring on a more general scale. The way I interpret the two is this: MOTOR test and review cars aimed at a 'performance' market, where as Wheels test Aust. delivered passenger vehicles regardless of targeted buyers. You wont find a Kia Rio being tested by MOTOR, but Wheels will test it and compare it with any other vehicle in it's price/equipment range.
    The down side to MOTOR is that they publish material suited to their largest possible audience: those who gladly accept their complimentary labotomy with every V8 purchase.
    Chris.

true about the forntal labotomy i enjoy reading motor far more then i do wheels.. i find drooling over lambo's evo8's big as german M3's etc quite rewarding wasy to spend a lazy sunday afternoon on the porch

Works: 1999 Volvo S40 T4, (has Choo Choo's)
    Playing: R12, SuperPos, thinks It's a race car.
    Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16
    Wanted Ye old K4J / K4M Click!

"More and more of less and less" - Marina Abramović

Thread Information