Recommendations
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Recommendations

Default Recommendations

All, having moved to Springfield Lakes (Brisbane) last weekend I am now ready to take the 505 off the road and get everything on my car finished in order to stop my girlfriend from yelling at me for spending more money on the 505 turbo project. Specifically, I'm asking for two recommendations: an upholsterer/trimmer and also a panel beater capable of custom manufacturing ie: extending the front bar to accomodate a bigger intercooler. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Chris.

Advertisement

Sorry i cant help you with the info. But welcome to Brisbane!! We've got a pretty good 504/505 following up here. Im just down at calamvale not far from Springfield Lakes. Hope to see you on a drive day soon. Would love to see that turbo 505!

James
    2006 Peugeot 206 Xt
    1991 Toyota mx83 grande 1jzgte

Can anyone offer any advice with this? I trust fellow frogs and I'd like to hear any feedback you may have regarding this post.
    Chris.

You might like to try "The Bump Shop". They're the only authorised pug repairer in QLD. If not, Stuart at peugeotech (northgate) could probably recommend someone.

You should be able to fit a decent sized efficient intercooler without resorting to extending the front bar. There is a guy down here with a similar set up to yours and he is running a much bigger intercooler than I thought you could fit. It's tight but it fits. Not sure if he has removed the air con. I'll pm you his email, it might be worth having a chat with him.

Jarrod

Quote Originally Posted by jarrods
    You should be able to fit a decent sized efficient intercooler without resorting to extending the front bar. There is a guy down here with a similar set up to yours and he is running a much bigger intercooler than I thought you could fit. It's tight but it fits. Not sure if he has removed the air con. I'll pm you his email, it might be worth having a chat with him.

Jarrod
    The IC on mine at the moment is about 400x300x65. I want to get a bar and plate core for safer intake temps (they cool better than tube and fin) so I can run just short of 1 bar. I want to get something about 600x300x60 to 70mm. The front bar from a 505 Exec provides effective flow for a core no more than (maximum) 120mm high. Not much considering I'm aiming for 170 -180Kw. Even after I chopped heaps off mine it's still not entirely sufficient in my opinion. Maximum surface area = maximum cooling. Maximum cooling means more mower and torque, and less chance of pinging.

Thread Information