• Register
  • Help

Thread: Drive Angry !!

XTC

Default Drive Angry !!

Are we surprised by this ? Not really.

Advertisement

http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/article.aspx?id=10079
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Notice the advertisment on that page is for a 206GTi 180 too

Yeah, Sydney roads are terrible during peak hour. So many W4nkers and Pr|cks
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by n b j
    Notice the advertisment on that page is for a 206GTi 180 too
    It's random ... I got a Nissan Maxima and a mobile phone ad. But yes I've seen quite a few GTi180 ad on drive recently.

- xTc -

Now this is a .sig

Default Drive angry.

Quote Originally Posted by XTC
    It's random ... I got a Nissan Maxima and a mobile phone ad. But yes I've seen quite a few GTi180 ad on drive recently.

- xTc -
    Only one in six??
    I was parked alongside an old Holden at the "Swamp" shopping centre when it was backed in to. I got out of my car to stickybeak, this in turn must have made the backer guilty for he left a note.
    I saw the Holden owner a month later so I asked how she got on. "Oh yeah" she said."As well as getting the damage fixed the panel beater included some worn steering parts in the quote, it turned out very expensive for the bloke who hit my car."

After hearing this it made me feel less guilty about leaving notes etc. I would be off like a dirty shirt if no one saw me bumping a parked car.

Sorry fellers. Make that two in six!

well, nearly everyone I here know agrees that OZZIE drivers are far BETTER & more courteous than us kiwis!!! I was just over in Brisbane, driving in Oz is such a pleasure, the UK is even better again - they almost insist on giving way to let you in etc!

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Morris
    well, nearly everyone I here know agrees that OZZIE drivers are far BETTER & more courteous than us kiwis!!! I was just over in Brisbane, driving in Oz is such a pleasure, the UK is even better again - they almost insist on giving way to let you in etc!
    My town has reverse in (rear to kerb) parking in the CBD and it is expected that when you stop to reverse park, the car behind stops and allows enough space to let you park.

I have on occasion when trying to park been overtaken by a finger or a shaken fist, followed by a VIC number plate or city car, you can tell by the dealers sticker or number plate surround, and on occasions a blast from their horn thrown in.

The funny thing, is when this happens the locals stare at the cranky pr!cks as if they had bright blue hair. Give me the country any day, you would'nt know half the names of the people in the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildebeest
    I got out of my car to stickybeak, this in turn must have made the backer guilty for he left a note.
    I recently had someone leave a note for me after hitting my parked car in a busy carpark. The note said sorry, left a first name and had no contact details. I'm pretty sure it was written for the benefit of onlookers because the impact had set off my alarm and probably attracted some attention. A smart move on his part - if he'd just driven off some nice bystander might have jotted down his rego number for me. I don't know if that would have been enough info for me to get out of paying the excess, but it would have been more useful than just "Pete".

Puglet, commiserations,

how long ago, could it be worth seeking "Pete"?

ask around a bit, some older people are particularly observsent, people at bustop, other motorists, shop keepers with view, is they're a community notice board ? Post a note, time of day, colour of your car, did anyone hear alarm, see someone writing? or any other detail that might jog a memory. Try it yourself; visualise your arrival, surroundings, colour of sky, noises, any wind, what did you park next to, what's on the other side, what's opposite, are there any cars moving? etc

Any of their car paint left on yours, yours on his, plot the accident, what damage might it have done to other car, was this an after work, after school, regular sort of attendance time, cruise the carpark with colour and/or damage info

be a detective

worth a thought.....

ed ge

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Are we surprised by this ? Not really.

http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/article.aspx?id=10079

What a load of sh!t. "Have you seen someone use an emergency lane etc..." is this in the last day, week, 50years ?? What were the circunstances... was it to avoid an accident, or sheer stupdity

Who did they survey ? how did they servey them ? Was it just a quick chat around the canteen while they tried to chat up the checkout chick ?? How many people were in the servey

Talk about a completely fabricated waste of internet space. This is trully worthy of "Today Tonight" or "Womens Day".

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

I am more an angry pedestrian

Example: This morning in the driving rain I attempt to cross the road at a zebra crossing... A Taxi goes straight through (splashing me) and right behind is an old Mitsubishi Mirage. I jump back (landing in a bloody puddle, get splashed again) so I slapped the window of the Mirage in anger.

a) I was almost killed
    b) I was soaked
    c) It was a bloody Zebra crossing!!!

If I was in posession of a gun I would have used it.

How about some consideration?
    Clint

Obsidian Black 206 RC (2004)
    Ferodo DS2500 Racing Pads
    Green Cotton Dynatwist Induction Kit
    OZ Superturismo WRC 16" wheels

Based on experience.....how true . Sunday mid morning travelling a major h'way ..70kph zone..cruise control on 71 .. Middle aged couple with kids in a FORD TERRORIST approching to pass on the left at excessive speed was blocked by car in the lane . changed mind..pass on right ..woman puts arm out window and gives me the finger.......go figure ?????

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron
    "Have you seen someone use an emergency lane etc..." is this in the last day, week, 50years ?? What were the circunstances... was it to avoid an accident, or sheer stupdity
    Points taken Shane, but this behaviour is all to common in Perth.
    You especially notice it when riding down the side of the freeway in
    morning peak hour. The number of tossers who think the breakdown lane
    is just fine for getting to work on time is amazing.

cheers,
    Biologist
    ----------------
    A
    one Megane Family

Icon10

Who did they survey ? how did they servey them ? Was it just a quick chat around the canteen while they tried to chat up the checkout chick ?? How many people were in the servey
    Shane...the article names the company commisioned to do the survey...& says they surveyed almost 2400 (the 2400????? ) ...must have been a big canteen!

& as for using the emergency lane...common occurrence now that Melbourne has F1 grid lights at the entrance to the freeways in peak hour...it's meant to be a truck lane....but Melbourne truckies must wash their vehicles in too hot water..cause alot of them are shrinking to the size of a crummydore or meurk (most common observed offenders )

Aus
    Aus
    ".....the good health of a pond is held in a delicate balance. A pond's condition
    deteriorates when the bottom environment cannot support animal life.
    The bottom is the area that runs out of oxygen first, it is where the most oxygen is used........"

'84 fuego GTX
    '87 fuego GTX
    '85 fuego GTX
    ....beginning to look a bit frightning isn't it.

XTC

Talk about a completely fabricated waste of internet space. This is trully worthy of "Today Tonight" or "Womens Day".seeya, Shane L.
    It's a snapshop, not the full survey report, suggest you contact AAMI and see if there is a full release version before plunging into barrage of assumptions you'll drown in. - xTc -

Now this is a .sig

Fellow Frogger!

It's a snapshop, not the full survey report, suggest you contact AAMI and see if there is a full release version before plunging into barrage of assumptions you'll drown in. - xTc -
    exy

It so happens that I took part in this survey.

It was about 2-3 months ago on a Sunday and I had nothing else to do, the lass sounded nice on the phone so i answered her Qs.

I must say from a choice of always, sometimes or never, a lot of my answers were never, as most of the Qs were dealing with city situations that I havn't experienced (like ........ but thats another story)

Hoo roo
    Cooch

Quote Originally Posted by biologist
    The number of tossers who think the breakdown lane
    is just fine for getting to work on time is amazing.

cheers,
    Wells ill be a toza! god i luv me bike mate, strooth ripa this fella! - Chris
    ... ptui!

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Australdi
    Shane...the article names the company commisioned to do the survey...& says they surveyed almost 2400 (the 2400????? ) ...must have been a big canteen!

& as for using the emergency lane...common occurrence now that Melbourne has F1 grid lights at the entrance to the freeways in peak hour...it's meant to be a truck lane....but Melbourne truckies must wash their vehicles in too hot water..cause alot of them are shrinking to the size of a crummydore or meurk (most common observed offenders )

Aus
    That is SO true!

Although the one I use when going to uni (outbound Warrigul onto the Monash) often has 2 Police cars camped out there when the GP lights are on. They seem to do a roaring 'trade' there too!

Administrator

What a load of sh!t. "Have you seen someone use an emergency lane etc..." is this in the last day, week, 50years ?? What were the circunstances... was it to avoid an accident, or sheer stupdity

Talk about a completely fabricated waste of internet space. This is trully worthy of "Today Tonight" or "Womens Day".

seeya,
    Shane L.
    Perhaps they should have done another test just for the residents of Ballarat...

The city where there everyone drives like angels and where there are never any Police cars on the road and those that are around are all a#@holes with nothing better to do...

I thought you'd appreciate completely fabricated shit...

Quote Originally Posted by mistareno
    Perhaps they should have done another test just for the residents of Ballarat...

The city where there everyone drives like angels and where there are never any Police cars on the road and those that are around are all a#@holes with nothing better to do...

I thought you'd appreciate completely fabricated shit...

I reckon we have the worst drivers in Australia .... Gimme Melbourne anyday

I do see police ... all the time ... You see I drive past the police station most days and there's always a few cars out the front
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

BTW: MistaRenault. Have you seen this website before

http://www.safespeed.org.uk/againstcameras.html

It's UK based, but still an interesting read. Check it out and see what you think.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Administrator

BTW: MistaRenault. Have you seen this website before

http://www.safespeed.org.uk/againstcameras.html

It's UK based, but still an interesting read. Check it out and see what you think.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    Yip,

I've read it before. Most of it is on the money...

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

i backed a work ute into a parked car once so i got out to see what i hit as i was sure that there shouldn't have been a car behind me, sure enough the car i hit was parked in a no standing zone

i took the details of the car and went around to the police station to report the accident just to cover myself

the bloke at the counter basically said stuff em as they were parked in a no standing zone and as such will hopefully learn a lesson

i also rang my boss to let him know

3 days later my boss calls me to let me know that some nice pedestrian saw what happened and waited for the owner of the car to return to tell them what happened so they put in a claim for damage for a new bumper for their car as i punched a hole through it

boss told them they can do what they like as he had the report from the police that they were parked illegally and he couldn't be bothered dealing with them

not only were they parked illegally but i had only just started to release the clutch when i collected the other car so how close were they ?

as for bieng rude and ill mannered on the road i always flash a truck when they are overtaking to let them know they can move back over and they always say thank you whether i am in the car or the truck but if i have someone sit on my clacker i make sure they wear gravel when i am in the truck and they soon learn to back off

in the car i just touch the brake pedal to light up the rear or turn on ther rear fogs in the 306 and they back off

i am generally very courteous on the roads but have little tolerance for idiots
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by pugrambo
    i am generally very courteous on the roads but have little tolerance for idiots
    Unfortunately, my tolerance for idiots on the road and elsewhere is diminishing rapidly with age...

Quote Originally Posted by mistareno
    Yip,

I've read it before. Most of it is on the money...
    Yeah

intersting isn't it. Note: nothing silly like "Prima Facia" speed limits. Just a well structured and researched article.

I doubt the victorian government will ever take notice of any researched evidence. After all they need the revenue from somewhere. At least we can possibly avoid donating this revenue if we are both careful and extremely lucky.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Thread Information