HELP! guy's what colour do I get!
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Icon9 HELP! guy's what colour do I get!

Guys! Help!

It's getting close now, soon enough I will buy the 206 GTi 180. I know that when you buy a colour, you buy the one that you like the most, however I am having sooooo much trouble picking.

Just a post to see, If you where going to buy (or already have) a 180, what colour would you choose...

It's hard but my top two would have to be:

Silver: Great looking on the 180, except it is a bit to common, not very distinguishable either...

White: Love the white, quite rare, but I don't know why I am a bit unsure about it.

Advertisement
    Last edited by rustymunga; 31st July 2005 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rustymunga
    Guys! Help!

It's getting close now, soon enough I will buy the 206 GTi 180. I know that when you buy a colour, you buy the one that you like the most, however I am having sooooo much trouble picking.

Just a post to see, If you where going to buy (or already have) a 180, what colour would you choose...

It's hard but my top two would have to be:

Silver: Great looking on the 180, except it is a bit to common, not very distinguishable either...

White: Love the white, quite rare, but I don't know why I am a bit unsure about it.
    I'd be buying the Diablo Red, I bet that came as a suprise to ya! It's not like I bought a Rouge Lucifer VTS or anything....

IMO, silver is the most boring colour around these days. It's the new white, in the sense it's what everyone buys. You're into French cars and you're considering the norm? I don't wanna offend anyone with a silver car, they look fine, but EVERYONE HAS SILVER!

If you like white, go for it. White was 3rd on my list - behind red & black.
    '10 CitroŽn C4 HDi
    '04 CitroŽn Xsara VTS missed

Quote Originally Posted by OG15
    I'd be buying the Diablo Red, I bet that came as a suprise to ya! It's not like I bought a Rouge Lucifer VTS or anything....

IMO, silver is the most boring colour around these days. It's the new white, in the sense it's what everyone buys. You're into French cars and you're considering the norm? I don't wanna offend anyone with a silver car, they look fine, but EVERYONE HAS SILVER!

If you like white, go for it. White was 3rd on my list - behind red & black.
    RED!! I guess the only reason I don't like that colour is because years ago my dad owned a very old red pulsar, I hated the car and the colour so much.

White is sounding better though, with tinted windows. I think that black hides alot of the cars lines and "sharpness" In black it is not vey distinguishable from the 206 GTi.

Me...1.White (at the moment) 2.Silver 3.Black 4.Agen Blue 5.Diablo red, eww yukky

I like the colour of your VTS though, that is a nice red, Fire engine red isnt.
    Last edited by rustymunga; 31st July 2005 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Putting an attatchment on, why do you ask?

1000+ Posts

I'm not sure you can get the 180 in red can you? I'm sure Simon here in Melb has a nice blue one (although I recall him saying - ages ago - that they are rare?) which I think looks good. Otherwise white is good.

Looking at the peugoet website, you can only get the 180 in Aegean Blue, Obsidian Black, Aluminium Grey & Aden Red

Edit: I really like the look of the white 180, I hope the website's wrong and you can get one.

I remember looking at the colour of the C2's, the Citroen site say they're only available in Black, Yellow & Blue. You can definately get Red, and I think I even heard of a Green one being seen here.
    Last edited by OG15; 31st July 2005 at 09:22 PM.
    '10 CitroŽn C4 HDi

I'd probably get the white or the red only because they are cheaper. I don't really see the point in spending that much money on metallic paint.

Quote Originally Posted by macquered
    I'd probably get the white or the red only because they are cheaper. I don't really see the point in spending that much money on metallic paint.
    The way I see it is, the cost of paint is insignificant to the overall cost of the car. You should be able to bargain with the dealer into getting the colour you want without paying extra.
    '10 CitroŽn C4 HDi

rek

Every GTi 180 I've seen has been either that lightish blue they use in all the promo shoots, or black. It looks great in both though I must say..

White doesn't really look to me as a colour that goes that well with the 206 (unlike the 306 lol, though I might be a bit biased.) Then again as you say it's very rare, haven't seen (m)any about in white. Silver IMO is a bit of a 318i/C180 colour..

BTW, the GTi 180 is a fantastic car Had a fang of Simon's (SLC206) when he was down south, and it was a lot of fun.
    Peter
    2008 Saab 9-3 1.9 TiD Sportcombi
    2011 Volvo C30 DRIVe 1.6D

Default Choice

Here we go...

1. White
    2. Black
    3. Red
    4. Silver
    5. Blue

NICE. White with tinted windows... My new choice
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HELP! guy's what colour do I get!-white-pug.jpg   HELP! guy's what colour do I get!-black-pug.jpg   HELP! guy's what colour do I get!-red-pug.jpg   HELP! guy's what colour do I get!-sil-pug.jpg   HELP! guy's what colour do I get!-blu-pug2.jpg  
    Last edited by rustymunga; 31st July 2005 at 09:39 PM.

white

1000+ Posts

Default Some boring but practical advice.

rustymunga

I know its winter now, but my recommendation would be to go for the lighter colour as it will be up to ten degrees cooler in the summer heat, with a consequent saving on running costs in the summer.

I made that decision years ago due to the heat difference of identical model work vehicles, even sitting in a Blue car parked in the sun for a short time it became intolerably hot compared with a white one.

White is also easy to see according to collision research stat data done some years ago and it is easy to keep clean compared with the black and of course the red on some cars seems to age badly and may attract attention from the local constabulary . (you know red cars go faster!!) my

Enjoy your choice

It's a pity that Diablo Red isnt an option on the 180 as I think it's just about the best colour in the range - however I am biased too!

If it were me buying a 180 I'd probably go between the silver and the blue. I prefer metallic colours to flat ones as they have so much more depth when they are all nice, clean & polished.

That said the colour is a personal opinion. If you are having trouble chosing it might be worth asking the dealer what the availibility is on the colours your keen on. If you have to wait for the next shipment to get the colour you want it can be a 3 month or so wait.

I wanted a diablo red 138 and I was lucky that the dealer had one in stock so I only had to wait a few days while I sorted out my finance.
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

white . white or maybe even white!

Quote Originally Posted by Reno
    white . white or maybe even white!
    what about white? id go white
    2013 Megane RS 265 Trophy

XTC

Moonstone - not blue or silver, but both

- xTc -

White. Looks good on a 180, as does the blue.
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Icon10 white business...

Guys, I have made up my mind...

WHITE!!! It is a GREAT colour for the 180 I reckon, and is so different, thanks for the comments as well, if it wasnít for you guys I would have probably gone the norm and went for silver...

GOTA LOVE AF

Easy to keep clean, distinguishable, different, great looking (especially with tinted windows)

always thought the aegean blue was too close to the trademark wrx blue_not that its a bad thing_but just seemed like a common colour, nowadays, specially with the plethora of xr6s with same said colour.

still, hasnt lost its impact... aegean blues the colour for me re gti180, even though every 2nd gti180 i see is this colour.

yah as nice as alloy grey is, its a pretty common colour on our roads, specially with the beamer 318i/merc 180c/golf 1.6 yuppie set.

always liked aden red... dont see many 180s in this colour, and its been said before, red cars go faster! colour coded bumpers really set it off.

i never used to like white cars as i always thought white was el cheapo/council vehicle.

if its gonna be white, go the mafia tint bro, though, never really liked white cars with large silver mags.

sheesh, only if the 180 was available in that froggy green i see on the 206cc! now thats a colour.
    current frogs :
    '94 s3 alpine 205GTi

daily ding magnet: '98 1.8 16v citroen xsara

previous frogs:

88 S1 205GTi
    '95 306S16

gimme corners. . .

If it was available in Diablo Red then I would have got it. Otherwise Aegean Blue gets my vote.

After that it's White (it looks very distinctive on the few 180s I've seen in white), Black, Silver (both common as muck) then the Aden Red, which I really don't like at all.

Kenfuego, care to tell us exactly what sort of "subsequent savings in running costs" I'd get by painting my Aegean Blue 180 White?
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

White with 206 super cup decals all over it...

Hey Rusty

My vote goes for Aegean Blue, but i am a little biased as that is the colour i have. When i first got mine, it was the only 180 in blue from the dealer, but now there are a few of them i see floating around. I think in Sydney in particular blue is the colour of choice, so if you want to be different go the white.

But i have seen a white 180 and white with dark tinted windows it does look the biz.

Seeya

Simon
    2002 Peugeot 206 XT 1.6 16v sold
    2004 Aegean Blue 206 GTI 180

1983 Peugeot 505 STI

Black all the way.

The more I see Agean Blue the more I like it, great colour, but personally I find all white cars look like whiteware.

Black is the new Black anyway.
    Clint

Obsidian Black 206 RC (2004)
    Ferodo DS2500 Racing Pads
    Green Cotton Dynatwist Induction Kit
    OZ Superturismo WRC 16" wheels

white is the new black

white power

Icon14

WHITE,WHITE,WHITE,WHITE,WHITE,WHITE,WHITE,WHITE,WH ITE,WHITE,WHITE,
    WHITE,WHITE,WHITE,WHITE,WHITE,WHITE,WHITE,WHITE,WH ITE,WHITE,WHITE,
    WHITE,WHITE,WHITE,WHITE!!!!!!!!!!

Or Red

Tadpole

All the colours
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HELP! guy's what colour do I get!-206gti-180.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by hot_pug
    All the colours
    HA NICE!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread Information