Manual flywheel for a V6
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Manual flywheel for a V6

G'day folks!

Don't hate me too much, but I have a Volvo with the PRV V6.............

I have a Volvo 2.8 V6 engine (B280E) and Volvo 5spd manual gearbox which I am trying to mate together. My problem is that the only manual flywheel Volvo did is for the earlier K'Jet engine and so doesn't have the triggers for the Crank Position Sensor on it.

Advertisement

To save hassle in drilling the Volvo flywheel I was wondering if any of the French variants of the engine (the 90* V6) had flywheels with triggers on them. I know that manual V6 Renaults and Peugeots were available, but did any come with LH2.2 injection and Bosch EZ-K ignition or a compatible system?

Thanks in anticipation.

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

we won't hate you but you may need to look for something out of an XM citroen or a 605 pug or renault safrane/laguna all of which are rare here

but hey if you have dramas you can always send me the flywheel and bell housing and i'll make use of it somewhere
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

farmerdave

Quote Originally Posted by V6 Man
    G'day folks!

Don't hate me too much, but I have a Volvo with the PRV V6.............

I have a Volvo 2.8 V6 engine (B280E) and Volvo 5spd manual gearbox which I am trying to mate together. My problem is that the only manual flywheel Volvo did is for the earlier K'Jet engine and so doesn't have the triggers for the Crank Position Sensor on it.

To save hassle in drilling the Volvo flywheel I was wondering if any of the French variants of the engine (the 90* V6) had flywheels with triggers on them. I know that manual V6 Renaults and Peugeots were available, but did any come with LH2.2 injection and Bosch EZ-K ignition or a compatible system?

Thanks in anticipation.
    Not totally sure how the Volvo trigger works, but Renault v6 flexplates and flywheels have a pair of holes drilled in them to trigger a diagnostic pickup- even on the K-jet versions. The sensor is an inductive type.

Farmerdave

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

we also got next to nothing in the way of manual V6 cars here

also the 604 version didn't have a pickup on the flywheel for the inkected versions not sure about the volvo but i could check tomorrow if you like

i don't remember anything on the flywheel i have in the shed from a volvo
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

The V6 even fire Renaults have a pickup system, but I doubt it would work with the Motronic. Renault used their own Renix injection. The flywheel has 3 long teeth 120 deg apart with maybe 6 teeth in between the long ones. As I said only for Renault, although a Motec may have a set up for this.
    '56 Renault 750 (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    '08 Renault Megane sedan

Tadpole

The Volvo flexplate has a ring fitted to it with square holes in it but at approx 120degree intervals there are no holes.

Sounds like I need to look for a even fire Renault flywheel.........

Thread Information