I spy... TAS!
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 Last
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I spy... TAS!

Default I spy... TAS!

Ok I know there aren't many of us on here, probably not enough to keep a thread like this alive, but its worth a try.
    Froggies spotted in tasmania:

Just to start with,
    In launceston, abbot st. just below high st., spotted a blue C3 parked, usually there. Also, as usual, very close by spotted a green C3 approaching in the other direction. I see this car regularly but don't know if they have taken any notice of my car, unfortunately the case with most modern Citroen owners.

Andrew.

Advertisement
    Current:
    1999 406SV (D8)
    Previous:
    1986 BX19GT

Hi there, hope you dont mind a "foreigner" jumping on board but I am a member of FCCT & the Tas Cit club & love getting their magazines & keeping up with Tassie news! It is my favourite state (apart from WA of course!) & we travel their at least once a year. As far as I can see you guys have more froggies per capita than us in WA. Mainly pugs I notice but all are well represented I think. Spotted a rusting white CX just before New Norfolk on a property on the main road. Our 2nd last trip I saw a green 2CV which is the only 2CV I have seen there. Spotted a GS sitting in a pile of cars about to be crushed just before between Geeveston & Huonville. My GF thought I was a freak spotting it amongst 50 other near crumpled cars! Saw 2 607's last November which spun me out as that is the grand total sold in WA! Cant wait to get back in September for some real Tassie froggy spotting! Best roads (& drivers) in OZ!
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4
    Simca Arondes (travaux en cours)
    Lotus Elise Club Racer '12

In WA? Join THE club ! www.frenchandfantastic.com.au

Hi zykyra
    More froggies per capita, i could believe that. There are *many* Peugeots here, see them all the time. Citroens are another story, very few, and mostly modern. I've seen an occasional 2CV, there is a CX (a little worse for wear), I know of a few Xantiae, and only 3 BXs (including mine) I know there is a white CX, with french country of origin sticker, was serviced at the place I get mine done.
    Renaults are not as common as the pugs either, the occasional R12, but i've seen an R8, and R20, R19 and a few others, but mostly modern Megane, Clio and Lagunas.

Tassie froggers - looking forward to seeing some "spotted" posts!
    Andrew.
    Current:
    1999 406SV (D8)
    Previous:
    1986 BX19GT

lots of rare DS's near Hobart....no..can't tell you excatly where but is a club member I believe...
    rumour has it there is still the remains of a Kegresse somewhere ...it was used to ferry people around cradle mountain
    Rev. Dogboy

1952 French 11BL
    Citroen 1960 French ID19
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    Citroen 1970 DS21 Cabrio replica
    Citroen 1975 DS23 Safari
    1979 VW Kombi poptop
    1987 2CV
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

I've seen a few D's, before I got my car (probably part of the reason i got my car), but i met a bloke in the shell servo in town, said he admired my car, and that he had a DS at home. I regret not stopping longer to chat now. There are a few around, but i expect they are mostly club cars and I haven't (yet) had anything to do with them.
    Current:
    1999 406SV (D8)
    Previous:
    1986 BX19GT

There seem to be huge numbers of Pugs around here (or do I just notice them cause I'm biased?), a few Citroens and a few Renaults. Gradually seeing more Meganes, a couple of Lagunas, but Scenics are more common than both, imo. I have a client with a Xantia, one with a 307 HDi, and I know someone who knows the owner of a red and white 2CV. My GTi6 used to belong to Paddy Baker, but he only owned it at the end of his life when he wasn't driving as hard (long time locals should know who and what I mean by that).

I've only ever seen 3 other GTi6s in Tassie - a black one at the hospital, a white one in Newstead and a red one here in Longford.
    Simple Simon

306 GTi6 in Tassie - what a combo

mlb

I'm seeing a few more Pugs around the Maritime College and uni. Usually run down 504's belonging to poor uni students and one of the lecturers drives an even more run down CX.

There is also a very nice green 206 I see regularly. 'P' plates and Victorian number plates. Anyone from here?

Might have to get another handful of AF stickers and spread the word. We also had a .pdf file we could print off and hand out, IIRC. I cannot seem to find it, is it still around or could we get another put together. Cheaper than stickers.

Matt
    Fight for your opinions, but do not believe that they contain the whole truth, or the only truth.

Quote Originally Posted by mlb
    I'm seeing a few more Pugs around the Maritime College and uni. Usually run down 504's belonging to poor uni students and one of the lecturers drives an even more run down CX.

There is also a very nice green 206 I see regularly. 'P' plates and Victorian number plates. Anyone from here?

Might have to get another handful of AF stickers and spread the word. We also had a .pdf file we could print off and hand out, IIRC. I cannot seem to find it, is it still around or could we get another put together. Cheaper than stickers.

Matt
    Plenty of 504s. I've seen a CX occasionally - light brown in colour?
    Anyway, saw a silver C3 pluriel in Becks Home Hardware (launnie) this morning. That's two i know of, another one around the uni area.

One thing's for sure there is no shortage of pugs... Good thing too!
    Current:
    1999 406SV (D8)
    Previous:
    1986 BX19GT

Well, there was a red C3 pluriel on abbot st., opposite the BP servo, i've seen it there before, i was told it hangs around the newnham area, but one thing that makes it so distinctive is the front chevron badge is UPSIDE DOWN!
    We may wonder whether this was the fault of the owner or a vandal or (the dealer). Anyway i hope there is more frog spotting happening here!
    Last edited by ajpolden; 22nd June 2005 at 01:06 PM. Reason: typos
    Current:
    1999 406SV (D8)
    Previous:
    1986 BX19GT

Good morning for spotting today. Megane cab (mustard colour) on the East Tamar Highway, silver Megane sedan/hatch in Newstead, just down the road from a BX GT Cit. I don't even count the 206/306/307s any more.
    Simple Simon

Tadpole

Spotted in Burnley about 5 weeks ago...an immaculate white CX GTi with tas rego...believed to live in Latrobe and over in Melb for servicing.....owner said to have another CX in the shed for bits.....

Also seen around Burnie on a number of occasions in May...a white Tas rego Berlingo
    Last edited by Cisco; 23rd June 2005 at 02:44 PM. Reason: missed out bits and grammer and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Simon
    Good morning for spotting today. Megane cab (mustard colour) on the East Tamar Highway, silver Megane sedan/hatch in Newstead, just down the road from a BX GT Cit. I don't even count the 206/306/307s any more.
    Ah.. I'm spotted.. drat.. You should have noted the AF sticker!
    I'ves seen a few newer renaults around, including a mustard megane cb. I also saw a white BX - don't know what model, in beaconsfield, i suspect it lives up that way. He followed me most of the way down the east tamar hwy, i think he was almost as surprised as it was to see another BX on the road!
    Current:
    1999 406SV (D8)
    Previous:
    1986 BX19GT

Quote Originally Posted by ajpolden
    Ah.. I'm spotted.. drat.. You should have noted the AF sticker!
    Too busy watching the road and traffic, sorry!
    Simple Simon

mlb

Was there a bloody PCCT meet in Launceston that I missed out on. I saw Pugs everywhere today. A few 206's and 307's, a 505, a 205, and the obligatory 504's. Amongst the mix there was also a Renault thrown in for good measures, not sure of the model but not one of thier common ones that I'm familiar with. It was paradise! Pity I was driving the Liberty

Matt
    Fight for your opinions, but do not believe that they contain the whole truth, or the only truth.

Fellow Frogger!

Hello, I'm also here in Tas. Has anyone know of a Honda City in a wrecking yard preferably in the south of the state ? I am after 2 rims...12" for my daughters car. There is one in the Rokeby wreckers but no rims.
    Thankyou , Bob D

Default More Cit's in Tassie!

Thought this may be of interest to you Taswegians! Seems your state govt is quite forward thinking! C/O Ateco...........

CITROEN WINS TASMANIAN GOVERNMENT APPROVAL

The Tasmanian Government has given approval for the CitroŽn C4 and C5
    models to be included in the common use contract for passenger cars and
    light commercial vehicles, enabling state departments to add CitroŽn models
    to their fleets.

Whereas the entire Citroen Australia model range is available at government
    contract prices to qualifying users, their inclusion in the common use
    contract speeds the process of adding CitroŽn models to government fleets
    and opens up their use across all areas within the Tasmanian Government.

The new Citroen C4 2.0 and the C5 HDI turbo diesel sedan and estate models
    have all obtained Tasmanian government approval.

"The Citroen C4 has created a world wide sensation with its exceptional
    levels of safety and technology and has quickly been rated 'best in class'
    in Europe and the C5 holds the classing leading score in EuroNCAP crash
    tests," says Leon Joubert, Fleet Manager of Performance Automobiles,
    CitroŽn's Tasmanian dealer. "Combine this with the remarkably low fuel
    consumption figures and associated low carbon dioxide emissions and CitroŽn
    has been able to make a compelling case that the use of CitroŽn cars
    underscores the Tasmanian Government's awareness of conservation and
    environmental issues."

CitroŽn's environmental credentials are second to none, with its
    market-leading work with diesel, electric and diesel-electric hybrid
    vehicles setting new standards in Europe, while its work on road safety,
    both for the occupants of CitroŽn's and other road users has highlighted
    CitroŽn's consistent commitment to community safety. The CitroŽn C5 HDi,
    while offering the space and ease of use of full size Australian sedan and
    wagon, also offers the fuel consumption of a small car and a range on the
    open road in excess of 1000 kms.

PS... Cant wait to do some froggie spotting of my own in September!
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4

Default In Ulverstone

Yeah, quite a few froggies on the NW coast. There's a red BX parks outside the police station in Ulverstone. Faded paint and the sphere's look a bit sad (doesn't "sit right") but no rust and looks sound. Also in Ulverstone there's a clone of my 505 GTi. It's not as nice (in my humble opinion) but is in regular use and the motor sounds good. I frequently see 306s and 307s and many are diesels (Yah!! ) I've also seen a couple of 406s. Got to admire the taste of Tassie people. I would say there is a much larger proprortion of European cars here than in WA (where I hail from). Also, I'm impressed with the way Tassies look after their cars in general. You see a lot of old cars here and they are often immaculate. Both my '78 Golf diesel and '78 Audi 5E were still in remarkably good condition when I picked them up out of car yards (and I intend to keep them that way!)
    82 Peugeot 505 Turbo Diesel
    78 VW Golf diesel
    80 VW Golf diesel
    84 Nissan Patrol MQ diesel

Yesterday was a good day in Lonnie.

Nice little C3 and later a red Mi16 with NSW plates. Any one from here?
    Simple Simon

Spotted a white Mi16 in devonport along william st. on saturday at around 1:30.
    saw a few 505s along Invermay road, also a 405 and a 406 at the top of Balfour st. here in launny.
    Current:
    1999 406SV (D8)
    Previous:
    1986 BX19GT

G'day
    I just posted some pics of a red C3 pluriel from the launcreston area on another thread - details there:
    Up-side down chevrons?!
    Has anybody else seen it? Anybody here own it?
    Andrew.
    Current:
    1999 406SV (D8)
    Previous:
    1986 BX19GT

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by ajpolden
    G'day
    I just posted some pics of a red C3 pluriel from the launcreston area on another thread - details there:
    Up-side down chevrons?!
    Has anybody else seen it? Anybody here own it?
    Andrew.
    Yeh I saw that car in Launceston this week in Charles St. The owner probily doesn't know that the chevrons are upsidedown!!

In Bender Drive, near Incat there is regularly a blue Renault 10 parked outside PFD warehouse.
    In the same area last week I saw an immaculate maroon Citroen SM in as new condition parked the whole day, but I haven't seen it since.
    A friend of mine has a block with around 15-20 R12s, 3 or 4 R16TSs, 3 404s, 3 403s and a bunch of other stuff.
    About 15 kms from my house, near Copping, there is a paddock with a lot of wrecks of DS/D Special, and tho owner has a CX and GS as well.
    There is a Renault 19 about 10 kms from me, and a 504 wagon and 504 diesel are regulars on my road. I used to see a red 605 regularly but it was sold for around $16,000 a few months ago.
    Pugs Rule!

403, now sold
    404, project
    2010 Mitsubishi i MiEV electric car

Icon14 206Gti 180 in Burnie!

Drove along next to a real nice silver 206Gti 180 heading into Burnie this morning ! Nice way to start the day! Got a wave too! -Will
    1990 205Gti
    1976 504 rally car (currently out of action)

Yesterday I spotted the phantom light brown CX travelling up invermay road in mowbray.
    Today, I spotted a blue berlingo driving along bathurst st, and shortly thereafter a saw a light blue/green C5, later followed by a silver 406, and a dark blue 307.
    Seeing quite a few more citroens around these days!
    Current:
    1999 406SV (D8)
    Previous:
    1986 BX19GT

Default Pugs everywhere!

Howdy Taswegians! I have had the pleasure of touring this lovely state on our annual pilgrimage in the last week & have seen many Froggy's. Saw a nice silver BX TRS in Hobart, a few Clio Sports including a nice black one with white rims in Hobart, a "Gordini" style Cup & a nice red one. Seems to be more old 504's & 505's left in Tassie than the rest of OZ! We have a 307 hire car & they also seem to be plentiful. Spotted a nice dk grey 605 in Launceston last night & a 405 wagon in Bicheno today. Havent seen too many Renault's or Cits up North, mainly Pugs, but Renault & Citroen seem to be getting quite popular in Hobart. Seen a few 20's getting around which I havent seen in Perth for a long time. Love that they use Trafics as cabs as well. Anyway, back off to the twisty stuff (wish we had a 2.0L 307 for that though! )

Cheers
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread Information