• Register
  • Help
Page 4 of 4 First 1234
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I spy... TAS!

1000+ Posts

Just a reminder for you visitors from interstate (it ends mid Dec 13):

French cars at Tasmanian Automobile Museum
    Of possible interest to members is that the Launceston-based National Automobile Museum of Tasmania is having a focus on French cars from mid September to mid December.
    Centrepiece of the themed display is a 1936 Delage D6-70 which, although originally Chapron bodied, was rebodied in the 80s with a meticulously exact replica of a gloriously swoopy period Figoni & Falaschi open 2 seater body.
    Three Citroens are featured. Paired are a D-Special example of the iconic D5/ID series & its successor, the CX. Featuring also is one of the oldest (1950) known examples of the corrugated-sided H-van. Unlikely as a commercial van might seem as a candidate, the quirkily attractive H-van is also becoming as iconic a member of the Citroen pantheon as the DS & 2CV.
    Peugeot is represented by a nice example of the Pininfarina designed 404. The 404 is one of the vehicles that built the reputation Peugeot had for solid & reliable vehicles that still had some interest for the enthusiast.
    Finally, there are three rare sporting derivatives of the Renault R8: an R1135 R8 Gordini, an Alpine A110 &, a bit less derivatively, a Matra Sports Djet. The last of these is particularly rare, being the only example known to still be in Australia.

I spy... TAS!-delage-3.jpgI spy... TAS!-h-van.jpg

Apart from the focus on French cars, the rest of the museum's display ranges from veteran cars (including a Renault), to muscle cars, to Italian exotics, to examples of Britain's sports car heritage (including a 30s Riley Imp).
    If you're in Tasmania (living there or visiting) then I recommend a visit.

cheers! Peter

Advertisement

Gee, thought I'd really come across something by spotting a D beside a quiet beach road, then go to note my find on aussiefrogs only to read it had already been spotted about a month ago.
    So instead I'll mention the white BX TRi sitting beside a shed in either Frankford or West Frankford.

Via the aussiefrogs App
    Bruce H

Now 10 DS3 Dstyle; 99 Xantia SX; 96 Xantia SX; 78 GS Pallas; 76 GS Club Estate; 76 GS Club Estate; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

COL

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
    Gee, thought I'd really come across something by spotting a D beside a quiet beach road, then go to note my find on aussiefrogs only to read it had already been spotted about a month ago.
    So instead I'll mention the white BX TRi sitting beside a shed in either Frankford or West Frankford.

Via the aussiefrogs App
    Thats been there for awhile. There was also some other French cars there as well.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1995 Renault Laguna V6
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

TRI hey, hatch or estate? Damn it man set it free :=)

Via the aussiefrogs App
    CitroŽn's that own me

- 2008 C5 X7 Tourer (Estate) 2.7 DoubleTurbo Diesel UHZJ - V6.

CitroŽn's that formally owned me

- 1990 BX TRI Estate Manual. .. . "Phoenix" - "Donated to Science"
    - 1990 BX TRI Estate Auto. (Traded In)
    - 1987 BX TRI Hatch.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Australian Citroen BX - All about the Citroen BX in Oz
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Hatch.
    Thought I glanced a familiar seventies coloured roof behind the sheds but couldn't tell if it was Renault or Peugeot.

Via the aussiefrogs App
    Bruce H

Now 10 DS3 Dstyle; 99 Xantia SX; 96 Xantia SX; 78 GS Pallas; 76 GS Club Estate; 76 GS Club Estate; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

COL

There was a orange coloured R12 there. I dropped off a gearbox there for a guy a few years back.
    Regards Col

1995 Renault Laguna V6
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

Red Feugo with aussiefrogs sticker at Hobart Showgrounds this morning.

Via the aussiefrogs App
    Bruce H

COL

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
    Red Feugo with aussiefrogs sticker at Hobart Showgrounds this morning.

Via the aussiefrogs App
    I have a fair idea who that would be.
    Regards Col

1995 Renault Laguna V6
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by COL View Post
    Thats been there for awhile. There was also some other French cars there as well.
    which reminds me: if anyone knows of a decent 750/4cv shell anywhere in tas, then i'd like to know about it (pm me please)
    basically i don't care at all about the mechanicals and my interest is in having a shell which i can stabilise the rust of and then store as "insurance" in case my own 4cv gets whacked
    cheers! peter

At Hobart airport - usual red CX, and an identity-crisis green Xantia with a lion on its grille

Via the aussiefrogs App
    Bruce H

Travelling up to Launceston on Sunday 21 i joined the main Hobart/ Launceston road at Conara. A red car was heading north from Hobart,and as it closed in I took it to be a CX. It had NSW number plates. It turned off towards Devonport at Perth. Was this a Frogger?.

Got a wave from a blue and white DS3 whilst in the Qld registered silver Xantia at Sorell on Sunday.

Via the aussiefrogs App
    Bruce H

1000+ Posts

Spotted this afternoon on the West Tamar highway: a green R16TS with a wide black stripe down the centre (& on "L" plates with a young lass driving). Anyone know anything about it?

cheers! Peter

This afternoon on the bridge, then followed to Rosny, a very neat looking white BX TRi 122 hatch with personalised plates. I was in the silver Queensland plated Xantia - ___LIAr because it's not the V6 the boot badge claims it to be. Been here over a week and also spotted 3 different DS3's, various C3's and C4's, but no other Xantias yet. Think I glimpsed a 404 ute in a driveway, and then a late 504 in a back yard near Huonville yesterday, but am not spotting much in the way of classic Renaults or Peugeots on the road.
    Bruce H

Even beautiful Flinders Island in NE Tasmania has its share of french cars. Apart from a few modern examples i.e. a black Pug 307 and a white Renault Kangoo & my 2010 white Berlingo HDI, there are some oldies i.e. my avocado green '76 R16TS and 'navy blue 73 Pug 504, there is also a stunning fully restored Cit Light 15 owned by my 85yo neighbour. Until recently several Pug 505's were running around and Pug 504's were popular "back in the day" and still fondly remembered for their comfort and ruggedness.

Rumour has it that there are several Panhard sedans of the Dyna era rotting away in the Brighton region. Anybody got any more precise info?
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

I can't see that anyone else has linked to this, there are a few frogs in this lot ...
    Touring Northern Tasmania with the world?s oldest Ford | The Examiner

Simon in Tassie

GTi6, 207GTi, 308 Touring

Tadpole

I can't find an intro thread/post so I'll say hello in here to my fellow Taswegians!

Hey, I'm Mitch and I own a red Peugeot 206 GTI in Northern Tas. Acquired at the end of 2017 from a one owner family in Melbourne. They decided to send it to the "puppy farm" - i.e. Tassie, to enjoy its more senior days...

It currently enjoys the odd motorkhana and track blast, as well as serving as a partial daily.

Look forward to spotting some fellow frogs on the road!
    Simon_Tassie likes this.
    1999 Peugeot 206 GTi (S16)
    Motorkhana and Tarmac Motorsport Car

1000+ Posts

Greetings!

Peter
    Mitch555 likes this.

Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Thread Information