I spy... TAS! - Page 3
  • Register
  • Help
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: I spy... TAS!

I think that one is heading overseas.....

it was pretty rusty

Ben

Advertisement
    1988 Peugeot 505 GTI Wagon
    1990 Peugeot 505 GTD Turbo Wagon
    2000 Peugeot 306 XSI
    1973 Peugeot 504 GL

Walking with family in Launceston last night - C5 and C3 next to each other in drive way - a family with some class. Couldn't see any AF stickers, and didn't have any with me. Oh well.
    Simple Simon

306 GTi6 in Tassie - what a combo

Saw three 407's heading towards Smithton last night.

It is a good Froggy road though; I was instead trying to keep the Patrol's backend in line

whitegoshawk
    "You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles... Radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." - Albert Einstein

Xantia Activa CT - Chock full of upsy-downsy goodness!

Default Not everyone can!

Yesterday morning a guy in a blue Commodore didn't succeed in keeping it in line on a wet road. He joined the Bass Hwy at Ulverstone going west and was cleaned up by 2 trucks. Unfortunately he is deceased. We crawled past the scene as the emergency services were cleaning up and it wasn't pleasant. Sort of brings you back to Earth. Anyway the point of this post is to say that I saw a white 407 in Devonport and it looked outstanding. In all on the trip from Gunns Plains thought Devonport to Port Sorrel and back I saw a total of 10 Pugs of various models and vintages. We're out there!
    82 Peugeot 505 Turbo Diesel
    78 VW Golf diesel
    80 VW Golf diesel
    84 Nissan Patrol MQ diesel

Default 505 pulled over

I saw a bronze 505 being driven (or at least he was sitting at the wheel) on Invermay road yesterday outside York Park. Right behind him was a brightly painted commodore with flashing lights. You don't see that very often, it made for a fairly funny sight. Probably not so funny for the driver. I didn't see any AF sticker on the back, but you're on here, sorry for finding humour in your pain.
    Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then when you judge them, you're a mile away and you've got thier shoes!

Quote Originally Posted by tassiediesel
    Yesterday morning a guy in a blue Commodore didn't succeed in keeping it in line on a wet road. He joined the Bass Hwy at Ulverstone going west and was cleaned up by 2 trucks. Unfortunately he is deceased. We crawled past the scene as the emergency services were cleaning up and it wasn't pleasant.
    I went past that too early yesterday morning. Worst accident I have ever seen .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I spy... TAS!-resizeds_194376_km08020625.jpeg  
    1990 205Gti
    1976 504 rally car (currently out of action)

It was terrible, I was heading the other way about 10am and the road was still closed!

Ben
    1988 Peugeot 505 GTI Wagon
    1990 Peugeot 505 GTD Turbo Wagon
    2000 Peugeot 306 XSI
    1973 Peugeot 504 GL

Default doppelganger 306 XT

Returned from taking in a movie last night with wife. Went to pick up my car which I had parked in Battery Point.
    Not 20 metres from my white '94 306XT with alloys was exactly the same car ! How often does that happen in a small place like Hobart?

White GTi-6 will be available for spotting between Longford and Swansea on Wednesday and Thursday this week.

Appearance schedule as follows:

Wednesday -
    8.00 am transport stage from Travellers Rest to Longford, thereafter street viewing in Longford.
    noon - commencement of touring stage to Swansea, short break at Kalangadoo, arriving at about 1.45, thereafter car park viewing at May Shaw.

Thursday
    9.00 am - touring stage from Swansea to Longford, thereafter street viewing at Longford
    5.30pm - transport stage from Longford to Travellers Rest.

Cheers
    Simple Simon

Renault Vantage heading into Launceston on Sunday early afternoon - haven't seen that one spied on here before.
    Simple Simon

Tadpole

Default D Safari

Very nice D Safari floating up Argyle Street. Blue with a white roof. It appeared to have black & white numberplates but I wasn't close enough to see if they were Tas special interest or Victorian plates...anyone else sight it?

Two days running a silver series 2 Xantia, once on Cambridge Rd then today near the Domain. In my Qld reg silver series 1 Xantia, nodded the first time. An aussiefrogger?
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 78 GS Pallas; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Hi all, just had my 8th visit to your fair shores even though it was brief, managed to get over to Strahan again. What an amazing part of the world. Spotted lots of Froggies including a nice red 2CV in Salamanca, ex WA member Thudd in is 207GTi in Nth Hobart on Friday night (pretty sure it was him anyway) not to mention many new Koleos and Fluence hire cars dotted around the country side. Seems Budget hires them, strange as there is no dealer? Till next time
    Last edited by zykyra; 14th November 2011 at 11:44 AM.
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4
    Simca Arondes (travaux en cours)
    Lotus Elise Club Racer '12

In WA? Join THE club ! www.frenchandfantastic.com.au

Seems to be quite a few Fluences getting about now...
    Pugs Rule!

403, now sold
    404, project
    2010 Mitsubishi i MiEV electric car

Tadpole

Just got a 206 GTI. It has QLD plates atm because that's where it's from.

Grey XM at gate 3 on Mt Wellington this afternoon
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 78 GS Pallas; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Simon View Post
    Walking with family in Launceston last night - C5 and C3 next to each other in drive way - a family with some class. Couldn't see any AF stickers, and didn't have any with me. Oh well.
    which raises a point: where, pray tell, does one get af stickers from?
    cheers! peter (oh, and if you see a blue djet or a blue 4cv with white stripes or a loud white r8, that's me)

Launceston last night - a green Renault 21 looking very good, and today a red 2CV.
    Bruce H

1000+ Posts

beside a country road near Launceston - some sort of Alpine maybe?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I spy... TAS!-djet-right-rear-jdg-.jpg  
    Last edited by 4cvg; 28th December 2012 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
    Launceston last night - a green Renault 21 looking very good, and today a red 2CV.
    Pale metallic green R21? That belongs to a fellow in Sth Hobart, and he keeps it for running to Launceston and back. It has over 500,000 kms on the clock!!!

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
    Pale metallic green R21? That belongs to a fellow in Sth Hobart, and he keeps it for running to Launceston and back. It has over 500,000 kms on the clock!!!
    what a bizarre story. Why would someone keep a high mileage R21 just for doing 200k trips? cheers! Peter

Just a second car. Goes up regulalry for his hobby and leaves the good car (new 508 wagon) with his wife.

I was in Tasmania for work during the week and took the 'interesting' road between Penguin and Burnie.

As I was driving the rental VW Jetta, I was wondering how a Citroen D would feel on the road when I came across this at Sulphur Creek....
    I spy... TAS!-imageuploadedbyaussiefrogs1383896402.437327.jpgI spy... TAS!-imageuploadedbyaussiefrogs1383896414.435248.jpgI spy... TAS!-imageuploadedbyaussiefrogs1383896453.019313.jpg

I knocked on the door and said hello to the owner - he probably thought I was a nutter!

Via the aussiefrogs App

Paul in Canberra

1974 DS Safari (aka Sophie Safari)
    1972 SM (aka Simone, aka S'Moan)
    Subaru WRX

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by pajamas View Post

I knocked on the door and said hello to the owner - he probably thought I was a nutter!

Via the aussiefrogs App
    Biting virtual tongue...
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Yeah, you know it for a certainty

Via the aussiefrogs App

Paul in Canberra

1974 DS Safari (aka Sophie Safari)
    1972 SM (aka Simone, aka S'Moan)
    Subaru WRX

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread Information